PDA

View Full Version : Joe McEwing - White Sox Minor League Instructor

btrain929
01-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I just got done listening to White Sox weekly on the Score, and they had Alan Regier on there. He said Joe McEwing (the former Met and Cardinal) is going to be the hitting instructor at AAA-Charlotte. This was in addition to other changes that has been made with the minor league staffing as a whole. He said that this happened very recently and that it would be announced very soon.

It's cool to put a face to one of the minor league instructors, so it'll be interesting to see how he does in his new role....

gogosox16
01-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Can't be worse of what we have had

btrain929
01-05-2008, 12:12 PM
Another change that I heard in the interview when I re-listened to it, was they made Ernie Young (long time minor league for the WSox) the hitting instructor at Great Falls.

gogosox16
01-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Another change that I heard in the interview when I re-listened to it, was they made Ernie Young (long time minor league for the WSox) the hitting instructor at Great Falls.
Still is probably better than what we had.

SoxxoS
01-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Was it just me, or was Alan Reiger not very "well spoken"

Doesnt mean he isn't good at what he does, but that interview was painful.

And I hope he doesnt seriously think Masset or Russell are going to be anything special. Masset looks the part but the opposing hitters dont think so ...and Russell had a decent spring training and got very overrated.

btrain929
01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Was it just me, or was Alan Reiger not very "well spoken"

Doesnt mean he isn't good at what he does, but that interview was painful.

And I hope he doesnt seriously think Masset or Russell are going to be anything special. Masset looks the part but the opposing hitters dont think so ...and Russell had a decent spring training and got very overrated.

Agreed to the 10th power. There's no nice way of putting it, but he sounded like some spanish dude by the lake selling elotes. He went on straight for about 2 minutes listing the changes without hesitating or taking a breathe. I can picture Rongey just looking at the clock and doodling something on his notepad while Alan was just all over the place....

Save McCuddy's
01-05-2008, 07:53 PM
Those that can't do, teach ... right?

SoxxoS
01-06-2008, 11:38 AM
http://www.670thescore.com/

Its on the website as of right now - Seriously, listen to this guy and keep in mind he is running our minor leagues.

ilsox7
01-06-2008, 02:46 PM

Its on the website as of right now - Seriously, listen to this guy and keep in mind he is running our minor leagues.

Uh, am I the only one who thought he sounded just fine?

btrain929
01-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Uh, am I the only one who thought he sounded just fine?

That must have been Rongey :D:

oeo
01-06-2008, 06:01 PM

I don't know much about the guy, but I hope you're not judging his intelligence by the way he talks.

Save McCuddy's
01-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I don't know much about the guy, but I hope you're not judging his intelligence by the way he talks.

Why not? It worked with GWB.

duke of dorwood
01-08-2008, 01:15 PM
He sounded more unprepared than anything-seemed to simmer down as he got into a particular answer.

That may have been a hastily arranged interview by 670. I'm cutting him slack for that