PDA

View Full Version : Flubs to add more seats and advertising

pierzynski07
01-04-2008, 12:02 PM
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080104&content_id=2339082&vkey=news_chc&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

70 box seats along the third-base line
Digital signage along the grandstands

Zisk77
01-04-2008, 01:02 PM
well they do have to pay for Fukudome somehow.

soxfan21
01-04-2008, 01:18 PM
90 year old plumbing does not fix itself.

tstrike2000
01-04-2008, 01:39 PM
I have a sure fire way to improve Wrigley...

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/08/12/22561208.jpg

hsnterprize
01-04-2008, 04:03 PM
More and more people are realizing just how much of a dump Wrigley Field actually is. It's like...the more the sCrUBS try to modernize the place, the worse it looks. If they keep this up, people will be literally BEGGING for Wrigley Field to be torn down.

The next thing you know, someone will actually want to install a JumboTron-type screen somewhere over the outfield seats. Don't laugh...I'll bet you if Zell still owns that team over a length of time, he'll start throwing around the idea.

Hey...if it's "fun at the ol' ballpark" the Cubs fans want, then that's what they'll get. Otherwise, they'd actually have to start demanding a winning team...and we wouldn't want that, would we? That would cut into the team's bottom line :D::D::D:.

LITTLE NELL
01-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Theres not much foul territory left at Wrigley, pretty soon they will selling box seats in the 1st and 3rd base coaches boxes.

Foulke You
01-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Theres not much foul territory left at Wrigley, pretty soon they will selling box seats in the 1st and 3rd base coaches boxes.
I was thinking the same thing. They already added those extra rows near the dugout and by home plate and now they are squeezing more seats by the bullpen? That place was already a launching pad with no foul ground pre-renovations! Is there going to be any place for the bullpen pitchers to warm up? They are practically standing on the field as it is right now!:rolleyes:

LITTLE NELL
01-07-2008, 05:14 PM
I was thinking the same thing. They already added those extra rows near the dugout and by home plate and now they are squeezing more seats by the bullpen? That place was already a launching pad with no foul ground pre-renovations! Is there going to be any place for the bullpen pitchers to warm up? They are practically standing on the field as it is right now!:rolleyes:
It all comes down to one word;Greed. Greed on the part of the agents, players and owners. At some point the fans are going to say Im not going to pay X amount of $ to go to a sporting event.

soxfan21
01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
It all comes down to one word;Greed. Greed on the part of the agents, players and owners. At some point the fans are going to say Im not going to pay X amount of $ to go to a sporting event.
I totally agree with you on this one. It seems like it is getting harder and harder even now for average families of 4 to go to sporting events, and this is too bad and shouldn't be. I remember goin to sox games when I was about 7 or 8 and the games and food and everything was cheap and money was not really a factor. I really doubt that it will be like this in the future.

Foulke You
01-08-2008, 01:41 PM
I totally agree with you on this one. It seems like it is getting harder and harder even now for average families of 4 to go to sporting events, and this is too bad and shouldn't be. I remember goin to sox games when I was about 7 or 8 and the games and food and everything was cheap and money was not really a factor. I really doubt that it will be like this in the future.
You don't even have to go back that far to remember more affordable pricing. About 5 years ago, you could sit in the outfield bleachers on the lower deck at Comiskey for $18. Now, those same seats go for $31 to $45 depending on whether it is a "regular" or "prime" date. That is an avg increase of 100%.:o:

Fenway
01-08-2008, 01:56 PM
I was complaining in 1999 about Red Sox prices
1999 Ticket Prices

Field Box$35.00
Loge Box$32.00
Infield Roof Box$32.00
Right Field Box$26.00
Right Field Roof$26.00
Grandstand$24.00
Outfield Grandstand$18.00
Lower Bleachers$14.00
Upper Bleachers/Standing Room$12.00

http://web.archive.org/web/19990423203715/www.redsox.com/tickets/advancetix.html

You can look up old White Sox pages here
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://whitesox.com

kevin57
01-08-2008, 02:17 PM

More seats for Bartman to occupy.

Steelrod
01-08-2008, 03:06 PM
Movies usta be $.25-.50, bus was a quarter, and popcorn was $.25 when I was a kid. It's just what happens.

Foulke You
01-08-2008, 03:19 PM
Movies usta be $.25-.50, bus was a quarter, and popcorn was $.25 when I was a kid. It's just what happens.
An over 100% avg increase in ticket prices in a 5 year stretch is far more than normal inflation rates but I do get your point.

Steelrod
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
An over 100% avg increase in ticket prices in a 5 year stretch is far more than normal inflation rates but I do get your point.
What's even more amazing is parking increases. Forgetting the north side, downtown parking has more than doubled in the last 5 years. Wedding parking was 10-12 dollars, now 25-35.

soxfan21
01-08-2008, 03:56 PM
It is a lot more, but in past seasons it seemed like ticket prices were on the rise only when teams did good. Now it seems like ticket prices go up no matter how good a team is.

PicktoCLick72
01-08-2008, 03:58 PM
People cannot have it both ways. Either the team isn't spending enough money or ticket prices are too high. As the payroll increases, one has to expect ticket prices to increase.

Frontman
01-08-2008, 09:06 PM
By the way, milk and gas prices are up too.

Greed determines all. Sadly, noone is THAT generous. I want my raise this year, just as much as the next guy does.

bigfoot
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM

Of course RogerB, the sod-father, fixed the Urinal's field by lowering the elevation of the field 4-6 ft. Will the additional seats will be inline with the new, lower field setting as this would shorten(again) the distances to the drunk baskets? 368 ft to the power alleys my tookus! These will make the Phillies and Astros LF seems like "a drive!" :gulp: