PDA

View Full Version : Clemens: I got injected with B-12

chaerulez
01-03-2008, 09:00 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/01/03/clemens.wallace/index.html

What a joke. This is the same type of bull**** excuse Palmerio made. And everyone sure believed that.

I really hope this dumbass never comes close to a HOF induction.

Grzegorz
01-03-2008, 09:19 PM
Why the injections? Why not go for liver and onions? :D:

QCIASOXFAN
01-03-2008, 09:21 PM
So how many people did he think would buy this?:?: I just heard he's on 60 minutes this Sunday so that will be interesting.

FarWestChicago
01-03-2008, 09:23 PM
He probably did get injected with B12. He just left out the part about the Winstrol or Nandrolone that was in the syringe with it. :wink:

Brian26
01-03-2008, 09:27 PM
He probably did get injected with B12. He just left out the part about the Winstrol or Nandrolone that was in the syringe with it. :wink:

:canseco
"Don't forget the Trenbolone."
:thumbsup:

jabrch
01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
I hope he has the stones to go call his trainer a liar...it sounds like we'd then get to see Roger on the stand, under oath, facing a slander suit.

Noneck
01-03-2008, 09:49 PM
I hope he has the stones to go call his trainer a liar...
He won't because his are a lot smaller now as a result of juicing.

SoxSpeed22
01-03-2008, 10:19 PM

:thumbsup:Or flaxseed oil*
*= edit

Fenway
01-03-2008, 10:29 PM
I can't wait for the news conference on Monday.....

PalehosePlanet
01-03-2008, 10:41 PM
I hope he has the stones to go call his trainer a liar...it sounds like we'd then get to see Roger on the stand, under oath, facing a slander suit.

Me too, Brian McNamee has already hired a lawyer in case he has to sue Roger for slander.

I'll tell you what, to me, the Pettite admission to using HGH, really makes Clemens look bad. It's the clincher for me that Rog did roids.

Fenway
01-03-2008, 10:43 PM
Me too, Brian McNamee has already hired a lawyer in case he has to sue Roger for slander.

I'll tell you what, to me, the Pettite admission to using HGH, really makes Clemens look bad. It's the clincher for me that Rog did roids.

Why would McNamee lie when he already gave them Andy?

Why didn't Roger talk to Mitchell when offered the chance?

HawkDJ
01-03-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok, maybe there's something I don't know but why would anyone inject vitamin b12 rather than taking it orally?

PalehosePlanet
01-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Ok, maybe there's something I don't know but why would anyone inject vitamin b12 rather than taking it orally?

Exactly...you're not missing a thing. The first time I ever heard of such a thing was when Palmeiro claimed that maybe when Tejada gave him a "B 12" injection there might have been some steroid residue and that's why he tested positive. Yeah...okay; he, and Tejada, were both obviously injecting 'roids.

WizardsofOzzie
01-03-2008, 11:56 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. I take a multivitamin with b vitamins, including b12 in it to keep my energy level up every day. Why anyone would go the route of injecting it is beyond me. Roger just lost my quickly dwindling belief in him. Chalk up another casualty of the steroid era

gogosox16
01-04-2008, 12:00 AM
:thumbsup:
That man looks like he put a lot of work into making himself ripped and he seems like a man that wouldn't take steroids or write a book about who took steroids with him.

jabrch
01-04-2008, 12:02 AM

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=82724

Injecting B12 gives you a totally different amount than a few pills, and concnetrates it differently. It's standard for muscleheads.

That said, it is also a running joke in MLB clubhouses that a B12 shot is a nice way of saying steroids.

Clemens is a real piece of crap.

HawkDJ
01-04-2008, 12:05 AM
It's standard for muscleheads.

Clearly the source of my ignorance.

Brian26
01-04-2008, 12:13 AM
That man looks like he put a lot of work into making himself ripped and he seems like a man that wouldn't take steroids or write a book about who took steroids with him.

I'm not sure what your point is. Canseco absolutely put a lot of work into making himself ripped. Steroid users don't get muscles automatically...they still have to put their time in at the gym.

HITMEN OF 77
01-04-2008, 01:03 AM

If he gets in trouble for this, he'll be taking it somewhere else.

chaerulez
01-04-2008, 02:09 AM

Is it just me or does this make no sense?

Canseco admitted to steroid use. Of course it takes a lot of work to get ripped, steroids alone can't do it for you. How do you seem like a guy that wouldn't take steroids? Is there some sort of weight or muscle mass index that you have to pass before you seem like a guy that would take them?

Fenway
01-04-2008, 10:52 AM
This could be the biggest audience 60 Minutes has had in years

No matter where Wallace goes, Clemens will deny he juiced. In the interview, Rocket says McNamee injected him with "lidocaine and B-12." Clemens swears he never used any banned substances. Big news, right?

Bigger news for CBS is this: Clemens' "revelation" will be made before a huge audience brought to CBS' table by perfect lead-in programming - an NFL playoff game (Titans-Chargers) saturated with "60 Minutes" promos.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/columnists/raissman/index.html

There may be a smoking gun after all. WEEI talked to a radio host at The FAN 590 in Toronto who says there maybe paperwork on file with the Province of Ontario filed by McNamee that supports his claims. In Canada it seems a trainer must report everything he does to the government.

Steelrod
01-04-2008, 11:27 AM
He's a fool!
Pettite fessed up and it is OVER! Hope he remembers that he's on tape, and any misstatements will be repeated forever!

jabrch
01-04-2008, 12:56 PM
Clearly the source of my ignorance.

I'm more a marshmallow-head than a muscle-head, but I lived with one of those once. The guy had a handful of pills he took every morning - at least 20. And lord knows what he did when we were not looking.

Oblong
01-04-2008, 01:12 PM
If it was only b12 then why was it done in hotel rooms and bathroom stalls? And why couldn't he hvae told George Mitchell this?

Tekijawa
01-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Why didn't Roger talk to Mitchell when offered the chance?

Bad cell phone connection?

http://img.youtube.com/vi/GEd3pS1jXJ4/default.jpg

"Senator Mitchell??? Senator Mitchell? Guys! He doesn't need me to testify!"

RockyMtnSoxFan
01-04-2008, 01:35 PM
It seems to me that Clemens and his lawyers are betting that Roger's reputation and status will make people believe him instead of McNamee. It looks like it's going to be one man's word against another's, and they are confident that they can make McNamee look bad so people won't believe him. I hope some new evidence comes out so that Clemens has to pay for his arrogance and attitude that he is above everyone else.

Fenway
01-04-2008, 01:39 PM
It seems to me that Clemens and his lawyers are betting that Roger's reputation and status will make people believe him instead of McNamee. It looks like it's going to be one man's word against another's, and they are confident that they can make McNamee look bad so people won't believe him. I hope some new evidence comes out so that Clemens has to pay for his arrogance and attitude that he is above everyone else.

Roger has never told a lie.

He told Will McDonough in 1996

"I will never pitch for a team in the same division as Boston. If I did go somewhere it would be only to be closer to home."

Well I suppose Toronto is closer to Houston :tongue:

thomas35forever
01-04-2008, 01:48 PM
Clemens is definitely putting himself in the same category as Rose and Bonds. No matter how many times they deny their crimes, the evidence against them is overwhelming. At least Rose fessed up. When will Clemens realize that the more he denies it, the lower he sinks? Maybe he just doesn't care what the public thinks of him anymore.

raul12
01-04-2008, 01:54 PM

I in no way am defending the ass that is Clemens and his obvious guilt, but if you have pernicious anemia, you can't orally get B12. My wife gets a shot once a month (and will for the rest of her life) of B12 to keep her levels up, and it's the only way she can get it.

Save McCuddy's
01-04-2008, 02:04 PM

In addition to smearing McNamee which shouldn't prove too difficult, at some point he has to provide McNamee and Mitchell with a motive for witch-hunting him. To this point, I haven't figured out why he thinks anyone would believe that there is malice on his accuser's part.

tstrike2000
01-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Yeah, yeah, Rog we know the story. You were injected, but you didn't inhale.

Fenway
01-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Jose muddles things even more

WEEI Audio: Canseco Is Now Contradicting What He Wrote About Clemens (http://media.weei.podzinger.com/archive/TheBigShow/2008-01-03_Jose_Canseco.mp3)

what he wrote

Too Bad Canseco Already Told the B-12 Joke in Juiced (http://thesteroidera.blogspot.com/2007/07/jose-canseco-and-roger-clemens-quotes.html)

white sox bill
01-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I always tend to disagree with the experts that vitamins do NOT give you energy. They can't possibly, only calories can. Here's definition of a calorie via AOL dictionary:

2 a : a unit equivalent to the large calorie expressing heat-producing or energy-producing value in food when oxidized in the body</I> </I>b : an amount of food having an energy-producing value of one large calorie

Of course caffeinated drinks will boost energy levels too. These vitamin companies get rich misleading people to think they are energized after taking their vitamins. Its like a placebo effect. The only way vitamins can possibly give you energy is if you are so vitamin deficient that you are weak, bedridden and skinny as an Ethiopian. Then vitamins will give you a boost.</I>