PDA

View Full Version : New Sox commercial

Jerry_Manuel
04-19-2002, 04:28 PM
Last night on FOX news at 9, they were showing a behind the scenes look so to speak of a new Sox commercial. They show one scene where it's Clee, Sandy, and I want to say Royce talking about something, and at the end the players are dancing in a conga line. Royce is the last person in the line and he stops, where he then proceeds to grab his foot and dance around in a circle. Really bizarre.

With that said, I'm interested in seeing it.

cheeses_h_rice
04-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Last night on FOX news at 9, they were showing a behind the scenes look so to speak of a new Sox commercial. They show one scene where it's Clee, Sandy, and I want to say Royce talking about something, and at the end the players are dancing in a conga line. Royce is the last person in the line and he stops, where he then proceeds to grab his foot and dance around in a circle. Really bizarre.

With that said, I'm interested in seeing it.

Yes, Royce grabbing his foot and dancing around in a circle. That will sure bring in the fans by the truckload.

bc2k
04-20-2002, 01:05 AM
Jerry, I hope you are joking. This is too gay for the south side.

Jerry_Manuel
04-20-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by bc2k
Jerry, I hope you are joking. This is too gay for the south side.

No I'm not. Hopefully it will come off better on tv, then it does when I try to explain it.

bjmarte
04-20-2002, 10:58 AM
Maybe he was holding his foot and writhing in pain. Was there an arrow sticking out of it?

Max Power
04-20-2002, 12:34 PM
After reading the description of the new commercial my imagination has put together a pretty funny visual of it. Hopefully the commercial will look like how I'm picturing it. Funny commercials will bring more people to the ballpark...duh.

Chisox_cali
04-20-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Max Power
After reading the description of the new commercial my imagination has put together a pretty funny visual of it. Hopefully the commercial will look like how I'm picturing it. Funny commercials will bring more people to the ballpark...duh.

Seattle and Oakland use the "funny commercials using their players" concept and it works pretty good.

rmusacch
04-20-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Max Power

When we were playing the Mariners, I was getting the Seattle broadcasts and they showd some of their commercials. They are pretty funny.

Dadawg_77
04-20-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch

When we were playing the Mariners, I was getting the Seattle broadcasts and they showd some of their commercials. They are pretty funny.

I like the one where they beat up on the 1906 Cubs.

duke of dorwood
04-20-2002, 06:41 PM
Maybe those were out takes

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2002, 09:05 AM
:hitless
"Thats right i can dance too."

Pete_SSAC
04-21-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

I like the one where they beat up on the 1906 Cubs.

Can we get a comerical off the current Sox beating up the current Cubs?

:maggs
"I'm comin' for ya, Sammy!"

- Pete

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2002, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC

Can we get a comerical off the current Sox beating up the current Cubs?

:maggs
"I'm comin' for ya, Sammy!"

- Pete

:caballo
"Moises Alou better prepare for a real long DL stay"

:keith
"And you saw me fight against Detroit"

ScottyTheSoxFan
04-21-2002, 09:26 PM
CLASSIC 2 on 2

"THE HAWK" Ken Harrelson
and "Fiesty" Darrin Jackson
vs.
Chip the Chimp Caray
and "Slammin" Joe Carter

bjmarte
04-22-2002, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by ScottyTheSoxFan
CLASSIC 2 on 2

"THE HAWK" Ken Harrelson
and "Fiesty" Darrin Jackson
vs.
Chip the Chimp Caray
and "Slammin" Joe Carter

That has "Celbrity Death Match" written all over it!