PDA

View Full Version : Team up against Moronotti

Konerkofan
04-19-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey, I just sent a very vicious letter to just about everyone at the sun times compaining that Marotti is the biggest ass around and instead of bashing the sox players, staff, and fans, he should write about how great it was that we swept Cleveland.

If anyone else wants to help me take him down, send your emails or letters to the sun times

Let Maroitti burn in hell

moochpuppy
04-19-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Konerkofan
Hey, I just sent a very vicious letter to just about everyone at the sun times compaining that Marotti is the biggest ass around and instead of bashing the sox players, staff, and fans, he should write about how great it was that we swept Cleveland.

If anyone else wants to help me take him down, send your emails or letters to the sun times

Let Maroitti burn in hell

Naw, I'd rather bring my little Nephew to the game to see some boobies.

Soxboyrob
04-19-2002, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by moochpuppy

WOO HOOOOO!
That's the spirit!!!!!!!!!!

foulkesfan11
04-19-2002, 04:36 PM

You guys are terrible.

As for Moronotti,

I also wrote to the Suntimes. Maybe if enough of us write, he'll get fired too!

doublem23
04-19-2002, 04:44 PM
Yeah, I just wrote him a pretty nasty email, too.

moochpuppy
04-19-2002, 04:48 PM
I sent the Moron a gift basket. It included a Playboy, some boxing gloves and a Whitesnake album with a card that read "Welcome to Comiskey!"

Cheryl
04-19-2002, 04:49 PM
Next person who writes to them, tell them I didn't read the column because I haven't read their alleged newspaper in years, and that I will continue my boycott until that moron is fired.

doublem23
04-19-2002, 04:49 PM
I sent the Moron a gift basket. It included a Playboy, some boxing gloves and a Whitesnake album with a card that read "Welcome to Comiskey!"

LOL... I'd just have sent him a copy of MLB rules, with the part about winning games highlighted.

foulkesfan11
04-19-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Next person who writes to them, tell them I didn't read the column because I haven't read their alleged newspaper in years, and that I will continue my boycott until that moron is fired.

Good One Cheryl. I actually haven't either. I just get my info on this site.

moochpuppy
04-19-2002, 04:56 PM

You know, I could easily switch out the Whitesnake album with a Dodgers hat and rewrite the card to say, "Welcome to Wrigley!"

duke of dorwood
04-19-2002, 05:00 PM
All you gotta do is look at the 2 worthless papers and columnists in this city and you realize where the second (or third) city mentality comes from. Bring back Chicago's American.

No-Neck
04-19-2002, 05:39 PM
cheryl and duke of dorwood hit a home run.

Te Sun-Times and Tribune Sports "journalists" (Paul Sullivan!) are jokes, with the exception of Phil Rogers.

Scot Gregor is okay for the Daily Herald.

But I stopped buying the two major major rags in this city and has felt better ever since. What they mostly write is totally meaningless and petty.

It's outdated 48 hours after it's published.

Bring in the "Wanny Era"

sox_fan_4life
04-19-2002, 05:44 PM
I can't believe that he had the balls to actually claim to be impartial. What a friggen joke.

Cheryl
04-19-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by No-Neck

The Sun-Times and Tribune Sports "journalists" (Paul Sullivan!) are jokes, with the exception of Phil Rogers.

Rogers? There was a quote from him in yesterday's Reader saying he was in Detroit during the Sox games there because Sox fans are under the impression our team doesn't get as many column inches as that other team. Something like that anyway. Sorry, the Reader doesn't publish online, so no url.

You know what though? I can't really fault the Trib writers for being total homey corporate bozos. At least we know why they're like that. I don't understand why writers at that other rag or morons like Giangreco have to be so spineless.

baggio202
04-19-2002, 05:57 PM
sending e-mails to the sun times complaining about marriotti is not gonna help..it will make matters worse...they dont care if you love him or hate him..but if you are taking the time to write them either way that means you are reading him and he is selling papers...

the best way to shut up marriotti...if you have a subscrption..cancel it..and make sure everyone knows the reason you are cancelling is marriotti and you will never subscribe to the sun times again and you just signed up to get the trib...

if the sun times feel that marriotti is costing them more money than he is bringing in..he will be fired...

Cheryl
04-19-2002, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
sending e-mails to the sun times complaining about marriotti is not gonna help..it will make matters worse...they dont care if you love him or hate him..but if you are taking the time to write them either way that means you are reading him and he is selling papers...

the best way to shut up marriotti...if you have a subscrption..cancel it..and make sure everyone knows the reason you are cancelling is marriotti and you will never subscribe to the sun times again and you just signed up to get the trib...

if the sun times feel that marriotti is costing them more money than he is bringing in..he will be fired...

Write/phone/email businesses that advertise in the Scum Times, letting them know you won't do business with them because of their association with the paper. If we can get them pissed off, then the paper will listen.

baggio202
04-19-2002, 06:01 PM

Write/phone/email businesses that advertise in the Scum Times, letting them know you won't do business with them because of their association with the paper. If we can get them pissed off, then the paper will listen.

excellent idea..make sure they know its because of marriotti

CubKilla
04-19-2002, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_4life
I can't believe that he had the balls to actually claim to be impartial. What a friggen joke.

I almost slid off my couch when I read that. Who does Moronotti think he's fooling? Maybe a Cubs fan..... but not a Sox fan.

DrCrawdad
04-19-2002, 06:47 PM

Rogers? There was a quote from him in yesterday's Reader saying he was in Detroit during the Sox games there because Sox fans are under the impression our team doesn't get as many column inches as that other team. Something like that anyway. Sorry, the Reader doesn't publish online, so no url.

You know what though? I can't really fault the Trib writers for being total homey corporate bozos. At least we know why they're like that. I don't understand why writers at that other rag or morons like Giangreco have to be so spineless.

From what I've read of Mr. Rogers and heard of him on WGN Sports Central I'd say that Mr. Rogers is a Cub fan. I understand that Mr. Rogers was a Rangers fan in his youth. However it's my impression that he's a Cubune man.

- DrCrawdad

PaleHoseGeorge
04-19-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by baggio202

Excellent points. The Scum-Times craves attention more than anything else. Make them pay by broadcasting your reason for cancelling your subscription, and contact a few of the major advertisers to let them know your displeasure with that rag they spend money in.

I recommend starting with the department store advertising departments. As a group, they spend more in the newspapers than anybody else.

As for Marriotti getting fired, we'll never get the satisfaction of it happening. The creep will jump before he is pushed, claiming "creative differences" or some other nonsense.

:clueless
"Remember me whining about the Trib before I left?"

rmusacch
04-19-2002, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by foulkesfan11

You guys are terrible.

As for Moronotti,

I also wrote to the Suntimes. Maybe if enough of us write, he'll get fired too!

This is precisely the reason that he will not get fired. People reacting to his column means people are reading it and the newspaper likes attention to his columns, positive or negative.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-19-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
This is precisely the reason that he will not get fired. People reacting to his column means people are reading it and the newspaper likes attention to his columns, positive or negative.

Exactly! Circulation is what a newspaper lives on. That's how they justify the rates they charge their advertisers. While the sports editors at the Scum-Times predictably stick out their chin about whiny Sox Fans, the publisher will be breathing down their neck if even ONE MAJOR ADVERTISER picks up the phone and starts asking tough questions.

Those "whiny Sox Fans" are customers, and no business is going to spend money pissing them off. The advertising they hand to the Scum-Times is AN EXPENSE which they can easily spend elsewhere. Don't think the publisher doesn't know this. They'll kiss the backside of any major client.

Don't even bother writing the Scum-Times, unless you have a subscription you're cancelling. Otherwise, they love you for writing them.

Instead, hit them where they live. Write a half-dozen letters to the full-page advertisers. Make sure to include your department store credit card sliced in two, too.

That's the language ANY BUSINESS understands.

Paulwny
04-20-2002, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Don't even bother writing the Scum-Times, unless you have a subscription you're cancelling. Otherwise, they love you for writing them.

Instead, hit them where they live. Write a half-dozen letters to the full-page advertisers. Make sure to include your department store credit card sliced in two, too.

That's the language ANY BUSINESS understands.

Absolutely correct PHG, advertising runs all media, people complain, changes are made.