PDA

View Full Version : Is Quentin on DL?

misty60481
12-30-2007, 06:39 AM
I thought I heard that CQ might start the year on DL, is that true ? If he starts on DL and has no real playing time in ST and Rameriz starts in minors what have we really done over the winter ? He will no doubt need time to work back in shape. If its true why dont we let Fields play LF until line-up is back to normal, by then we ll know how Crede is recovering. If we have Dye in RF and a combo of Anderson-Sweeney- Owens- Ozuna- to pick for other two positions we are hurting. Put all 4 together and they wouldnt hit 20 HRs.

Madvora
12-30-2007, 07:22 AM
Do you have a link to this information?
I don't know too much about the guy. Was he hurt last year or something?

DumpJerry
12-30-2007, 08:03 AM
I thought I heard that CQ might start the year on DL, is that true ? If he starts on DL and has no real playing time in ST and Rameriz starts in minors what have we really done over the winter ? He will no doubt need time to work back in shape. If its true why dont we let Fields play LF until line-up is back to normal, by then we ll know how Crede is recovering. If we have Dye in RF and a combo of Anderson-Sweeney- Owens- Ozuna- to pick for other two positions we are hurting. Put all 4 together and they wouldnt hit 20 HRs.
You forgot to put a question mark and the word "is" in your title. Trying to give all of us a heart attack before opening the thread? In the interest of the cardio health of WSIers everywhere, I inserted a question mark andthe word "is" in your title.

By the way, he work done on his non-throwing shoulder (or was it the elbow?) last year.

soxfanatlanta
12-30-2007, 08:14 AM
By the way, he work done on his non-throwing shoulder (or was it the elbow?) last year.

The surgery was on his left shoulder, before that he had Tommy John surgery on his throwing arm.

misty60481
12-30-2007, 08:27 AM
Sorry about not putting in ?. I heard either here or another message board that there was a strong possibility that CQ could start the season on DL if he wasnt completely recover from his surgery. Does anyone know if he will get a full ST in or what the real story is ? If hes not recovered maybe they will leaxe him in Azs. warm weather until hes ready, its hard enough on the regulars coming back in April and playing in 40 deg. weather. If hes not ready on opening day what can we expect in our outfield ?

California Sox
12-30-2007, 08:48 AM
When the trade was made Rotoworld said it was likely Quentin would not be ready for Opening Day, but in an mlb.com article they say Quentin should be ready for Spring training.

Currently, Quentin has between 95 and 100 percent range of motion, and he's strengthening the shoulder with light weights. When January rolls around, Quentin plans to start hitting off of a tee and gradually progress to live hacks.
"My healing process has been great, all positive," Quentin told MLB.com on Monday evening. "I feel strongly I will be ready [for Spring Training], if everything continues going accordingly."

link (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20071203&content_id=2315914&vkey=hotstove2007&fext=.jsp)

Truth is probably somewhere in between.

soxfanreggie
12-30-2007, 09:13 AM
What have we done this offseason besides Ramirez and Quentin: Upgrade at SS, upgrade the bullpen, downgrade the starting rotation, and fail to unload Uribe next.

DumpJerry
12-30-2007, 09:50 AM
What have we done this offseason besides Ramirez and Quentin: Upgrade at SS, upgrade the bullpen, downgrade the starting rotation, and fail to unload Uribe next.
:rolleyes:
Today is Opening Day?

misty60481
12-30-2007, 10:16 AM
I know opening day is 3 months away but it seems every day our our chances of getting a good player get less and less. So far weve lost out on Hunter, Cabrera, Rowand, Jones, Fukudome, I still think we could have landed J. Hamilton, The Reds were ready to trade him. The other poster who said we went from an offensive powerhouse that was really fun to watch was right on the money. This is getting to be the most boring team in AL, theres no excuse for us to be worst offensive team in such a short time period.

Juice16
12-30-2007, 10:55 AM

Juan Uribe is the least of the White Sox problems. I know it was the fashionable thing of 2007 on this board to hate Juan Uribe, but we have much bigger gaping holes to worry about. You did state one of them, the rotation. I have no problem with Juan off the bench. His fielding % was higher than guys named Jeter, Peralta, Renteria, Guillen, Furcal, Tejada, Eckstein(whom many on this board wanted), Crosby, Lugo, Young and Ramirez. He has hit 20+ HRs and drove in 70+ runs during his time here. He is a huge upgrade over Cintron. I know his avg and OBP suck, but this is not a bad guy to have, especially in his new roll. Lets worry about if Quentin is going to be on the DL, who will be our CF, who will step up in the 4-5 slots and how will our bullpen pitch this year.

oeo
12-30-2007, 11:00 AM
I know opening day is 3 months away but it seems every day our our chances of getting a good player get less and less. So far weve lost out on Hunter, Cabrera, Rowand, Jones, Fukudome, I still think we could have landed J. Hamilton, The Reds were ready to trade him. The other poster who said we went from an offensive powerhouse that was really fun to watch was right on the money. This is getting to be the most boring team in AL, theres no excuse for us to be worst offensive team in such a short time period.

Alright first of all, the Sox only 'lost out' on Hunter and Fukudome. They never thought they could reel Cabrera in, they never showed a great interest in Rowand, and I'm not even sure they offered Jones a contract.

Secondly, what is one good player going to do for us? This team needs more than that. It's not worth it.

I'm pretty excited to see this team play. It beats having Scott Podsednik and Darin Erstad in our outfield, Ryan Bukvich and the rest in the bullpen, and Uribe starting at SS.

Do I think they're going anywhere? I think they're better than last year. They've upgraded SS, arguably the outfield, and the bullpen. I think because the bottom two spots in the rotation are so young, we're still a year away from contending in this division, but Kenny has put the team in a better spot than they were in at season's end. And considering the way this team looked (old and 'boring'), I'll take it.

Next offseason, IMO, is when we should be using the checkbook. We could very well only be a couple of guys away. This year was different...sometimes you can't just go after it all right away, it takes time.

rdivaldi
12-31-2007, 11:04 AM
This is getting to be the most boring team in AL, theres no excuse for us to be worst offensive team in such a short time period.

2005: 741 runs
2006: 868 runs
2007: 693 runs

I'd be willing to lay down $$$ that 2007 will be our low water mark for runs scored. The team scored 354 runs in 86 games (4.11 per game) pre All-Star Break, then scored 339 in 76 games thereafter (4.46) playing a lot of unproven youngsters (Richar, Owens, Fields). If we can stay reasonably healthy and see moderate improvement from some of the youngsters there's not a doubt in my mind that we will score in the high 700's approaching 800. That would put us in the middle of the pack in the AL.

I'm much more concerned with pitching in 2008 than hitting...

Tragg
01-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm much more concerned with pitching in 2008 than hitting...

Our starters are risky - it's hard to be confident in Contreras, Danks or Floyd. But they all have the talent to be better than fifth starters.

As for the pen - I'd put Gio and some other legitimate arms in there until there's room in the rotation for them. The pen gets better arms and they get experience. But, the Sox usually don't do that (but sometimes they do).

havelj
01-02-2008, 04:32 PM
Josh, Skokie, IL: How do you think Carlos Quentin will fare this season on the South Side? Can he turn into the star player he was originally pegged to be?

Jim Callis: Yes, he can. I love that trade for the White Sox and think he will rebound this year.

Lorenzo Barcelo
01-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Did anyone notice that he been hit 131 times in his professional career? He sure likes taking them for the team.

champagne030
01-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Today is Opening Day?

Yes, we can dump (no pun intended) Floyd, Masset and others that are out of options, but it better be a LTP for a Thornton trade.

batmanZoSo
01-02-2008, 11:29 PM

Today is Opening Day?

Who said anything about opening day? It's all true. :dunno:

BadBobbyJenks
01-03-2008, 02:18 AM
You forgot to put a question mark and the word "is" in your title. Trying to give all of us a heart attack before opening the thread? In the interest of the cardio health of WSIers everywhere, I inserted a question mark andthe word "is" in your title.

he work done