PDA

View Full Version : At your bookstore for Opening Day : ‘Vindicated' by Jose

Fenway
12-29-2007, 04:46 PM
I'll bet Selig can't wait....

According to his attorney, Canseco has finalized a deal to publish the sequel to his 2005 best-seller "Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant ‘Roids, Smash Hits, and How Baseball Got Big," and is targeting the new book's release date to coincide with the start of next season. Happy New Year, Bud.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/2007/12/29/2007-12-29_jose_canseco_to_pen_juiced_sequel-1.html

Daver
12-29-2007, 05:30 PM
He should call it "The Life and Times of Baseball's Biggest Cheater, an Autobiography"

RKMeibalane
12-29-2007, 10:00 PM
I wish Canseco would just go away. His time is over, and has been for many years. As badly as the cheaters have damaged baseball, the fact that Canseco is trying to profit from all of this is even worse. If he had any sense at all, he'd disappear and let sports carry on without him. Then again, he is Jose Canseco, and he is an idiot.

the1tab
12-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Canseco embodies everything that is wrong with professional sports. Whenever I see him on television, I remember when the late great Rodney Dangerfield exclaimed in Caddyshack (don't hate me for incorrect exactness) "Now I know why tigers eat their young"

PaleHoseGeorge
12-31-2007, 12:22 PM
Good for Jose Canseco. After all the **** he took for writing the first book from people who have been universally exposed as cheats, liars, and frauds, I wouldn't begrudge him the opportunity to cackle a bit.

Canseco's publisher ought to put Tony LaRussa's face on the cover from the 60 Minutes smear piece he did trying to prop up McGwire.

Canseco has been telling the truth. Certainly his motives aren't pure, but why anyone would be angry with him is beyond me.

jabrch
12-31-2007, 12:24 PM
Canseco continues to say he has something to say about Alex Rodriguez and he is surprised ARod wasn't named in the Mitchell Report. This ought to be fun.

CubKilla
12-31-2007, 02:42 PM
Canseco has been telling the truth. Certainly his motives aren't pure, but why anyone would be angry with him is beyond me.

Exactly. If it wasn't for Canseco, the "Steroid Era" would have breezed by MLB like a fart in the wind. The entire Congressional investigation was a result of Canseco spilling the beans in his first book and the subsequent interviews.