PDA

View Full Version : NW Indiana Media now Cubafied

CerberusWG
04-19-2002, 08:11 AM
So I'm reading my local paper here in Valpo, and the soxare stuck in C3, behind College Softball. Ok, I say, it's cool. So I dive into the article and the headline mentions the absence of fans. For 3/4 of the damn article, the writer bitches about how fans weren't there, and how Comiskey only drew a little over a million last year (prolly not true). Then the scumbag goes on about the CUBS attendance!! About three sentences were about the actual game.

Going to definetly talk about dropping the paper over this *******.

DrCrawdad
04-19-2002, 09:04 AM
That's just the way it is, I guess.

When the Cubs played the Mets for game one of the series, Trachsel vs. Lieber, the Cubs announced attendance was 18,000. The announced attendance grew in the next two games. However the actual number of butts in seats was low, very low for all three games. At one point Chip Caray had the nerve to say, "Another huge crowd here at Wrigley" just after they showed the completely empty upper deck.

So, where is Mark Gian-greco-roman-wrestling? How come he's not showing two people sitting in Wrigley's upper tank?

How come the reports on the Cub games completely gloss over the low attendance? How come paragraph two doesn't say, "Well the Cubs played lousy again today in front of an announced attendance of 18,101 but the actual number of people who were at the game for this fiasco was much less..."

Gian-greco-roman-wrestling probably didn't have time in the sports cast. They had to hurry so they could show film of Mark "The Savior" Prior pitching in Outport Mississippi - striking out some limp bat AA scrubs.

"That's just the way it is, somethings will never change."

-DrCrawdad.

Max Power
04-19-2002, 02:39 PM
The "Cubification" of the nation continues. That's kind of interesting to hear about a Valpo paper treating the Sox like that though. I'm down here in Bloomington at IU and I seem to only meet people from NW Indiana. While most of my best friends from that area are Cubs fans, I do know a lot of hardcore Sox fans from there. I know more Sox fans from NW Indiana than from back home in Evanston. But I guess after reading that paper for a few months they'll probably convert.

MarqSox
04-19-2002, 04:04 PM
http://www.johnkaplan.com/kaplangifs/cuba.fidel.tiff.gif
It's funny you call it "Cubafication." In the motherland, we call it "Re-education."

:moron
Getting Cubafied was fun! Almost as fun as watching a Sammy home run! Not that you Scum Sox fans would know what a home run looks like since you never go to your crappy Ball Mall!

Streets
04-19-2002, 07:55 PM
Was this The Times?? I'm from Munster and I read the Times when I'm home, I know the Post Tribune sucks a$$ but the Times is normally pretty decent.

Originally posted by Max Power
The "Cubification" of the nation continues. That's kind of interesting to hear about a Valpo paper treating the Sox like that though. I'm down here in Bloomington at IU and I seem to only meet people from NW Indiana. While most of my best friends from that area are Cubs fans, I do know a lot of hardcore Sox fans from there. I know more Sox fans from NW Indiana than from back home in Evanston. But I guess after reading that paper for a few months they'll probably convert.

You know any Munster kids Max? Half my high school goes to IU.

Max Power
04-19-2002, 08:01 PM
You know any Munster kids Max? Half my high school goes to IU.

Hmm, I don't think so. Mostly Valpo, Chesterton, and Crown Point.