PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Gifts

CubsfansareDRUNK
12-25-2007, 01:23 PM
Did anybody get any sweet white sox gifts? I got a mouse, mousepad, hat, and Sox in the City by Richard Roeper.

TheCommander
12-25-2007, 01:32 PM
I am probably the last one on the board to get the World Series box set,but better late than never! :supernana:

angiew
12-25-2007, 02:10 PM
I am probably the last one on the board to get the World Series box set,but better late than never! :supernana:

Nope, you're not the last! I got it for my self and it came in a few weeks ago.:cool: I also got myself a Sox tshirt and a pair of slippers...merry Christmas to me!:dtroll: Oh, and a friend of mine sent me a framed pic of Crede..it's pretty cool!

soxfan123
12-25-2007, 02:30 PM
got a Danks road jersey (sweeet)...

and then I got the Ozzie plan (sweeeet(er))...

AZChiSoxFan
12-25-2007, 02:32 PM
got a Danks road jersey (sweeet)...

and then I got the Ozzie plan (sweeeet(er))...

Wow! You scored!!

I got a Sox polo shirt (white) and a 2008 "page-a-day" Sox calendar.

salty99
12-25-2007, 02:36 PM
Mark Buehrle no-hitter plaque.
2007 White Sox clubhouse jacket

ChiSox524
12-25-2007, 04:29 PM
Sox beach towel.

santo=dorf
12-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Sox beach towel.
Me too.

Hopefully this year won't be like 2007 where I have to throw it in on Memorial Day. :anon:

Brian26
12-25-2007, 05:41 PM
Mark Buehrle no-hitter plaque.

Sweet. Pics?

gogosox16
12-25-2007, 06:01 PM
I got Whitesox head covers for my Golf Drivers, and got a Danks Home Jersey

Shoeless_Jeff
12-25-2007, 06:04 PM
I didn't get anything of Sox nature myself. For my father, I bought a 59 go go Sox throwback hat. When he opened it he said "I had one of these when I was a kid."

TornLabrum
12-25-2007, 06:27 PM
My family all got the new Sox home jackets. My wife's, unfortunately, had a bad zipper and will have to be exchanged.

DVsoxfan
12-25-2007, 07:33 PM
jim thome commemorative 500th home run bat

robertks61
12-25-2007, 07:38 PM
A P.K. Official batting practice jersey!

soxfan21
12-25-2007, 07:50 PM
I got a sox beach towel myself, got my girlfriend one of those 2008 dugout jackets to match mine, she was really excited about it. From her I got some sox fuzzy dice for my car, a sox scoreboard alarm clark, and one of those Hawthorne village light up sox/chicago things. That thing is pretty sweet.

Garland_IS_God
12-25-2007, 07:53 PM
My brother got me a hand painted ceramic ticket stub from game one of the world series. He works security in the Stadium Club and they gave them away to employees. http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/joe_tansey2004/stub.jpg

SoxGirl4Life
12-25-2007, 08:08 PM
My son bought me a Sox night light (awww).. that will probably be in his room by opening day! And I got the dugout jacket from my sister

WhiteSoxJunkie
12-25-2007, 08:08 PM
I got a framed picture of the Sox celebrating after the final out of the World Series.

JGarlandrules20
12-25-2007, 09:10 PM
I got a White Sox(With Jon Garland/Rob Mackowiak) 2008 Calendar

Brian26
12-25-2007, 09:13 PM
jim thome commemorative 500th home run bat

Sweet. Is that one of the Hampster Direct bats?

Jerko
12-25-2007, 09:14 PM
Sox BBQ grill cover.
Sox ice scraper for the car.

Domeshot17
12-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Usual gift from my fiances parents, sox fest weekend package for the 4 of us (kate me and her parents). Her mom also made me this awesome double sided fleece blanket, one side with heavy black fleece and the other with sox material, its freakin sweet.

chisox77
12-25-2007, 10:31 PM
White Sox key chain (with raised imaging), 2008 White Sox calendar, and a White Sox mousepad.

:cool:

gaelhound
12-25-2007, 10:44 PM
I got a black leather check book cover with the linked SOX monogram!

Frontman
12-25-2007, 10:52 PM
I got a photo book on the history of the Sox, and my son got this incredible old-school game.

My Mom got him one of those "Front Porch Classics" pinball game, with the White Sox logo:

http://www.everythingevergreen.com/images/(O)CHW.JPG

Talking old school, forget the batteries gaming. Heck, something I'll even play with him. Awesome toy.

eriqjaffe
12-25-2007, 11:23 PM
I got a full set of 1993 Topps Sox cards from my mother-in-law. That Steve Sax card has to be worth millions!

ChiSox Fan 68
12-25-2007, 11:52 PM
Mom & Dad got me $100 in White Sox giftcards plus a Sox desk calendar. I told my hubby that a Sox winter coat was on my wish list. He got me an awesome jacket from Grandstand. It will be perfect for what I anticipate to be a very cold opening day!

LongLiveFisk
12-25-2007, 11:53 PM
This is the first Christmas in quite a few years that I didn't get anything White Sox from anyone....

unless you count the nice Starter jacket I just bought myself last week. :D:

Chrisaway
12-25-2007, 11:56 PM
I got one of those grey warmup pullovers and a lanyard for work.

gogosox16
12-25-2007, 11:57 PM
This is the first Christmas in quite a few years that I didn't get anything White Sox from anyone....

unless you count the nice Starter jacket I just bought myself last week. :D:
It's always nice to spoil yourself a little bit around christmas time:smile:

LongLiveFisk
12-26-2007, 12:09 AM
It's always nice to spoil yourself a little bit around christmas time:smile:

I totally concur! :thumbsup:

MySoxAreClean
12-26-2007, 12:11 AM
WHITE SOX dominoes , sweaters. Was asking for better player for next year.

TheCommander
12-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Nope, you're not the last! I got it for my self and it came in a few weeks ago.:cool: I also got myself a Sox tshirt and a pair of slippers...merry Christmas to me!:dtroll: Oh, and a friend of mine sent me a framed pic of Crede..it's pretty cool!

AWESOME! :cheers:

MUsoxfan
12-26-2007, 12:21 AM
My parents got me one of those Legacy Bricks that they'll be putting in at Gate 4 with my name on it. I thought it was a rather cool gift. They sent a replica brick and a certificate of authenticity. I'll be waiting on the map to find it's exact location when it's installed

ChiSoxGirl
12-26-2007, 12:49 AM
$25 Sox gift card
2008 Sox wall calendar
Sox scarf
Sox pajama pants

Over By There
12-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I finally got one of the microfleece pullovers from '05. I'd been wanting one for 2 years, and finally got it. It was from my mother-in-law, and I was very impressed - she actually called up to Grandstand to see if they had any left with the WS05 patch, which I wanted. :smile:

AWhiteSoxinNJ
12-26-2007, 09:40 AM
Nike Hardball Jim Thome Jersey.

Blob
12-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Let's see I got:

-All of the White Sox Minor League Teams fitted hats
-2 $25 Sox Gift Cards
-White Sox Socks
-White Sox hammer
-White Sox Snowman ornament

For my brother, I bought him the Sox trophy with the light up city and the parade buses that go around. I was kinda disappointed he wont get it until Jan 10-15. But, he was real happy to know he is getting it!!

jenn2080
12-26-2007, 11:41 AM
I got a little White Sox snowman thing, an awesome Danbury Mint old Comiskey rep, a White Sox scarf, and a $100 gift card for Southwest.

skottyj242
12-26-2007, 11:51 AM
I got a Sox scarf, an awesome pic of one of the banners from the World Series, 75 dollars in White Sox gift cards, the new jacket and 100 dollar Southwest gift card.

kaufsox
12-26-2007, 09:16 PM
got a Sox 2008 day by day calendar and an Ozzie plan! Well, the money to buy an Ozzie plan, but still...

skottyj242
12-27-2007, 09:43 AM
Oh yeah, I bought myself season tickets for next year.

Uncle_Patrick
12-27-2007, 10:04 AM
I got this shirt:

http://mlb.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pMLB2-3845591dt.jpg

RTI_SoxFan
12-27-2007, 11:08 AM
I got some White Sox sandals.

Back in September, my father passed away and he was a HUGE SOX fan and only 60 years old. The Christmas prior, he bought a black christmas tree and was going to turn it into his White Sox tree to be put in the basement with all his other White Sox memorabilia (this was 1 tree of 10 he had). Since he never got the opportunity to truly deck it out in White Sox ornaments, we set up the tree at the funeral home and asked everyone that came to bring a White Sox ornament to write a little note on the ornament and help us decorate the tree. We must have gotten 200 or so Sox ornaments and the tree looks great and is a true symbol of my father. When we got home from the funeral, we set it back up in the basement and it has been up since September 4th.

That tree was the best Sox gift I'll probably ever receive. That, and the 3 legacy bricks that were given to us in his honor.

Sorry for the long story, I just thought you'd all enjoy it.

And yes, I'm a new poster here and happy to be here!

Go Sox!

October26
12-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Back in September, my father passed away and he was a HUGE SOX fan and only 60 years old. The Christmas prior, he bought a black christmas tree and was going to turn it into his White Sox tree to be put in the basement with all his other White Sox memorabilia (this was 1 tree of 10 he had). Since he never got the opportunity to truly deck it out in White Sox ornaments, we set up the tree at the funeral home and asked everyone that came to bring a White Sox ornament to write a little note on the ornament and help us decorate the tree. We must have gotten 200 or so Sox ornaments and the tree looks great and is a true symbol of my father. When we got home from the funeral, we set it back up in the basement and it has been up since September 4th.

That tree was the best Sox gift I'll probably ever receive. That, and the 3 legacy bricks that were given to us in his honor.

Go Sox!

Thanks for sharing your story and so sorry for your loss. Welcome to WSI!

My White Sox gifts this year include:
- two White Sox calendars (one for home, one for office)
- White Sox light up ornament
- White sox scarf
- Mark Buehrle World Series Patch Jersey

I had wanted the Buehrle jersey for two years now but due to layoffs, illness, and other expenses we couldn't afford it. I was so happy to get this jersey and I want to wear it every day! :bandance:Love Buehrle! :bandance:

TheCommander
12-27-2007, 01:25 PM

Go Sox!

I am sorry to hear of your loss but that sounds like quite a tribute to your father! :welcome:

santo=dorf
12-27-2007, 01:50 PM

Go Sox!
If you don't mind, could you upload a picture of it? I'd like to see a black Christmas tree. :cool:

RoobarbPie
12-27-2007, 01:54 PM
I got some sox cufflinks made from the seats at old comiskey. I've never had my own pair of cufflinks, but I've got no problem buying some new dress shirts so that I can actually show these babies off.

RTI_SoxFan
12-27-2007, 02:11 PM
If you don't mind, could you upload a picture of it? I'd like to see a black Christmas tree. :cool:

Here is a picture of the tree. It was loaded with Sox stuff front and back. Sorry it's so small, I couldn't figure out how to post a larger picture due to file size.

CubKilla
12-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I got a Sox throw blanket, a limited Sox print (014 of 5000 produced), a Sox soft throw ball, and a Sox "Santa" cap ornament :D:

spiffie
12-27-2007, 03:04 PM
I still have to order it. I never got around to it because my roommate had it, but when I moved out a few months ago suddenly I realized how huge a hole in my DVD collection there is.

Bob G
12-27-2007, 03:10 PM
From my dear wife I received a White Sox Christmas stocking - inside was a vacation itinerary to NYC to see the White Sox play the Yankees in September!! I always wanted to go to Yankee stadium and this is the last year before they move.

I gave my wife White Sox PJ's ... last year I gave her a brick.

minutia
12-27-2007, 03:21 PM
Sox card table and chairs and a calander.

cws05champ
12-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Well, I didn't get any sox gear, but I got a Sharp Aquos 52" LCD TV....so the prefect compliment was to play the White Sox DVD box set after I got it hooked up!!

babybull19
01-19-2008, 09:29 AM
:nellie:nellieGot a sweeet 59 replica Nellie Fox M&N jersey....have been wanting one for years...Mom did me good this year(just like every other year) YAY MOM!!:gulp:

PalehosePlanet
01-19-2008, 09:44 AM
I bought my friend White Sox Heros playing cards I found at the front register at Borders (got one for myself as well :wink:.) It's a cool set but it includes too many recent players like Jose Valentin and Pods. I would have rather seen a Doc White, Willie Kamm, Zeke Bonura, or a Monty Stratton for example, but oh well...

I myself got the current (new material) fitted hat and an AJ green t-shirt jersey.