PDA

View Full Version : Opinions?

34rancher
04-19-2002, 12:13 AM
Sorry, I wrote this in response to Rick Morrissey's article about attendance. Why is it that popularity is all that sports writers can focus on?
I appreciate any thoughts that you may have.

Mr. Morrissy,
I too am excited by the prospect of the White Sox baseball team this year. I am also disappointed by the small crowds. But in the day and age that we live in where marketing a product outweighs the product itself, it is no wonder to me that the White Sox do not draw. For the 12th year, I have had to listen to everyone on the airwaves and in the media do everything that they could to bash Comisky Park. You know, oh the upper deck is too steep (Still 30,000 lower deck though). Oh Jerry Reinsdorf (Name me a better owner in Chicago). Oh the neighborhood (A little secret: Wrigleyville has a 3 times higher crime rate). This is just propaganda. Now for the media to say that "Where are the Sox fans?" is absolutely ridiculous. They have listened to your brethren for the last 12 years, and the media outlets have been as negative as possible towards the Sox (just go through your rival's columnists to see i.e. Jay Mariotti). You see, I hope people don't go. Because in this town when people support their teams, they get stomped on by the owners who want corporate ticket holders, not true fans (see the Bear's PSLs, the Cubs, Blackhawks, and Bulls). Having small crowds is truly the only way that guarantees that the Sox must do what they do: and that is quite simply win baseball games. Without winning, they would not survive. What a novelty in this town: A team that just has winning seasons year in year out.

voodoochile
04-19-2002, 12:27 AM
good letter, it has a chance to make print too, IMO. Keep your eyes on the Sunday paper - I will check also.

DVG
04-19-2002, 12:41 AM
Ahhh. Only the third week of the season and already smug Cub
fan creeps like Morrissey are harping on attendance while ignoring all that goes on inside that precious valhalla. Baseball
truly is back.

:moron

You think he's bad? Ho!!! Just you wait!!!! Once my Cubbies
wither and die I'm going to let you brawling smut Sox fans
have it!!! Delicious!!!!!