PDA

View Full Version : Fun game to go to...

voodoochile
04-18-2002, 11:40 PM
Man that was cool...

Some highlights... (no naked women, so no worries about this becoming a heated argument... :D: )

I called Konehead's homer... He was looking dead red. Got a first pitch fastball and just hammered it.

The wind was blowing something fierce. I was sitting 9 rows back right behind home in the upper deck (man I love those seats great view). As a result, I could see Lofton's shot real well. The ball looked like it had a rocket booster in it. Once it got up, it just took off and kept going - that happened a lot tonight, made for an interesting game.

Ritchie was solid. Just when I thought he was losing it - 5th inning he wasn't getting above 89 on his fastball - he comes back strong to finish his 7. He was hitting 93, 94 still at the end. The main difference in this game I thought was that Ritchie kept his pitches down, but the fatman made some mistakes and the Sox hammered him. He walked too many also and the Sox made him pay time and time again. 7 runs on 8 hits, it doesn't get much better than that.

Clayton had a line drive shot into the UD that would have made the concourse if it was fair. On that same play, Lee had a walking lead off of second and was half way to third before Colon let the ball go.

MJ had some nice at bats, and of course Frank returned to his 2000 stance and absolutely ripped the ball twice. The ump was only calling the inside corner, so it made it easier for Frank. With that stance he has a tougher time with the outside pitches but tonight, they were balls, so he could sit and wait on fat inside pitches and drill them. Keep it going big man, it will be a long season for the opposition if you keep this up...

Funny thing is this game could have been much worse much earlier, but Magglio got jobbed on the only outside-corner strike of the night in the first and then hit into the DP. Should have been bases loaded, one out for Pauly - and we know what he did with the first Colon pitch he saw...

That was a well earned sweep of a solid ball club. Nice start to the season - 10-5 our best start in a long long time...

Can't wait for Monday so we can do it again...