PDA

View Full Version : Clemens denies using steroids......on YouTube.

Sockinchisox
12-23-2007, 11:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD0GHx980CU

gogosox16
12-23-2007, 11:53 AM
what a liar. you're doing your self more harm denying it just come out and tell you did it.

kevin57
12-23-2007, 12:30 PM
A YouTube rebuttal of the accusations is the wimp's way out.

I am glad to hear him say he'll be fielding questions from Mike Wallace of 60 minutes. When these guys are willing to face tough questions, then they'll gain the credibility they seem to feel entitled to.

Nevertheless, as with Canesco's book, none is going to file suit. If they really felt their reputations are damaged by all this, why not sue the hell out of MLB, Mitchell, and anyone else they can find? Could it be because of the deposition process and the perjury possibilities they could face? Hmm:cool:

rocky biddle
12-23-2007, 01:20 PM
:boston
"Works for me. I wish you sewer rats would just give the almighty Rocket the benefit of the doubt."

thomas35forever
12-23-2007, 01:43 PM
Okay seriously, this is his most pathetic attempt yet. He can deny it all he wants, but he's not doing himself any good. He's only making his reputation worse.

Fenway
12-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Oh please bring Mike Wallace out of the bullpen

In a video posted on his official Web site, Roger Clemens (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=3340) said that he has become "almost numb" to the steroid accusations against him in the Mitchell report and that he has granted an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" in an effort to clear his name.
CBS spokesman Kevin Tedesco said there are discussions going on but that the interview is not yet set. It would air Jan. 6 if it happens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3166920

Grzegorz
12-23-2007, 06:09 PM
A YouTube rebuttal of the accusations is the wimp's way out.

I am glad to hear him say he'll be fielding questions from Mike Wallace of 60 minutes. When these guys are willing to face tough questions, then they'll gain the credibility they seem to feel entitled to.

After the appearance on '60 Minutes' he'll still not have faced tough questioning...:cool:

Daver
12-23-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh please bring Mike Wallace out of the bullpen

In a video posted on his official Web site, Roger Clemens (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=3340) said that he has become "almost numb" to the steroid accusations against him in the Mitchell report and that he has granted an interview with CBS' "60 Minutes" in an effort to clear his name.
CBS spokesman Kevin Tedesco said there are discussions going on but that the interview is not yet set. It would air Jan. 6 if it happens.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3166920

He had a chance to appear in front of George Mitchell to refute this allegation, and he chose not to, anything he does from here on out is meaningless. He chose not to answer the questions that mattered, and I think we all know why.

Fenway
12-23-2007, 06:37 PM
He had a chance to appear in front of George Mitchell to refute this allegation, and he chose not to, anything he does from here on out is meaningless. He chose not to answer the questions that mattered, and I think we all know why.

Daver we agree 1,000,000% on this.

Oh how I wish Will McDonough was alive for this.

FedEx227
12-23-2007, 06:47 PM

He could also sue for libel and defamation of character like Barry Bonds did from Game of Shadows... oh wait, neither did. Why? Because the burden of proof would be on them. Uh-oh.

Daver
12-23-2007, 06:54 PM
Oh how I wish Will McDonough was alive for this.

I wish MLB had a real commissioner right now.

StillMissOzzie
12-23-2007, 08:31 PM

What I'm wondering, was this under the marching orders of the MLBPA?

SMO
:?:

Daver
12-23-2007, 10:10 PM
What I'm wondering, was this under the marching orders of the MLBPA?

SMO
:?:

Does it matter?

Frank Thomas had no problem speaking with him.

Fenway
12-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Does it matter?

Frank Thomas had no problem speaking with him.

Frank doesn't speak with forked tongue.

FarWestChicago
12-23-2007, 10:43 PM
Does it matter?

Frank Thomas had no problem speaking with him.Frank Thomas is a man. Roger Clemens is a cheating, gutless, fake, wuss pansy.

fquaye149
12-23-2007, 11:07 PM
Frank Thomas is a man. Roger Clemens is a cheating, gutless, fake, wuss pansy.

hear hear!

TornLabrum
12-23-2007, 11:35 PM

But other than that, I hear he's a great guy!

Frater Perdurabo
12-24-2007, 07:03 AM

On a semi-related note, who thinks Frank will lead the majors in HBP in 2008? :(:

FarWestChicago
12-24-2007, 07:44 AM
On a semi-related note, who thinks Frank will lead the majors in HBP in 2008? :(:The pitcher who finally causes Frank to lose his temper could be in trouble.

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-24-2007, 08:34 AM
The pitcher who finally causes Frank to lose his temper could be in trouble.

Wonder if our unbiased media would spin that to 'roid rage...the same way So-so's outbursts at his wife were?

Oh, wait....

Oblong
12-24-2007, 10:14 AM
In the summer of 2006 the Astros came to Detroit and Clemens pitched a decent game but left in the 7th with the game scoreless. Many in the crowd gave him a standing O, I was among them. I wish I didn't. Now I wish he'd come back for one more year and tour every MLB stadium so we can give him his proper send off, a boo infested debris filled hate fest.

I went to baseball reference to look up the game in question and came up with an idea. Everybody who hates what steroids has done to the game could pool their money and sponsor the baseball reference page for the players suspected of using.

white sox bill
12-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Really don't know who to believe here--Roger or a crooked politician!?

rocky biddle
12-24-2007, 09:54 PM
Really don't know who to believe here--Roger or a crooked politician!?

It's actually Clemens or his former personal trainer. Mitchell just talked to sources and compiled the info. in a report. And the trainer was proved correct in his accusations of Petite. He really had no reason to lie about Clemens.

But anyway, without getting political- you can say what you want about the report, but George Mitchell has had a long and distinguished career.

DumpJerry
12-24-2007, 10:31 PM
In the summer of 2006 the Astros came to Detroit and Clemens pitched a decent game but left in the 7th with the game scoreless. Many in the crowd gave him a standing O, I was among them. I wish I didn't. Now I wish he'd come back for one more year and tour every MLB stadium so we can give him his proper send off, a boo infested debris filled hate fest.

I went to baseball reference to look up the game in question and came up with an idea. Everybody who hates what steroids has done to the game could pool their money and sponsor the baseball reference page for the players suspected of using.
If so, he should do it with the Yankees. While Giambi is booed on the road as if he's the anti-Christ, the idiots give him a standing O in New York.

Big Hurt #35=HOF
12-24-2007, 11:48 PM

I'm with you FarWest...

Roger=So Sad!

Lie Detector, Go under oath and deny, what about your buddy Andy???

Sox
12-25-2007, 04:30 PM

He's also a skankee,"cheating, gutless, fake, wuss pansy" which makes him one of the top two most hated ballplayers right next to Barroid Bonds.

As far as I'm concerned "Hammerin Hank" Aaron still holds the record.

bigfoot
12-25-2007, 05:32 PM
After the appearance on '60 Minutes' he'll still not have faced tough questioning...:cool:

Have you seen the arm on that Mike Wallace? Mike will be zinging fastballs and dreaded split-finger questions that will fall off the table, making "The Rocket" swinging for answers like he swung a MLB pitches in the NL.

Oh wait, Wallace's arm is 80 years old?

Never mind.

MarySwiss
12-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Have you seen the arm on that Mike Wallace? Mike will be zinging fastballs and dreaded split-finger questions that will fall off the table, making "The Rocket" swinging for answers like he swung a MLB pitches in the NL.

Oh wait, Wallace's arm is 80 years old?

Never mind.

Let's not assume, okay?

Look at it this way; at 80 years of age, Mike Wallace has long had a rep as a hard-nosed, fact-finding reporter. He has no reason to lob softballs at Clemens. And I doubt he will.

Edit: You know what? I am sick and tired of this "battle of the ages" crap. Some--and I believe they are the minority--of the "kids" who post here resent it when the "old folks" play the "well, you were too young to remember..." card. And they should. But then, they should not be surprised if the "old folks" get up in arms when the "kids" assume that just because someone has lived awhile, that automatically disqualifies them from being:
a) a constructive member of society; and/or
b) able to voice a coherent opinion.

And bigfoot, if you're thinking about waxing indignant, reread your post. Sure reads like ageism to me.