PDA

View Full Version : This is a good sign!

RedPinStripes
04-19-2002, 12:39 AM
I've noticed the Sox are much more fundamentally sound this year. Throwing to the right bag, being alert on the bases, and just being aggressive, but not dumb like last year. If the pitching can hold up the way it has been and it's been great! Not too many teams are going to beat us. This offense is just too much.

voodoochile
04-19-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I've noticed the Sox are much more fundamentally sound this year. Throwing to the right bag, being alert on the bases, and just being aggressive, but not dumb like last year. If the pitching can hold up the way it has been and it's been great! Not too many teams are going to beat us. This offense is just too much.

I forgot this point in my FGTGT thread...

Who would have thunk it that the Indians would be the team who make three costly errors and the Sox out fundamental them. The sacrafices, the taking the extra base, the stolen bases, the solid defense...

Man, this is going to be a very cool season if it keeps up...

GASHWOUND
04-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

I forgot this point in my FGTGT thread...

Who would have thunk it that the Indians would be the team who make three costly errors and the Sox out fundamental them. The sacrafices, the taking the extra base, the stolen bases, the solid defense...

Man, this is going to be a very cool season if it keeps up...

Yeah, and before the series started Lawton said their pitching and D was better than ours and we dominated in both those things while they stunk up the joint. And their sports writer guy at the Plain Dealer wrote a coulumn yesterday that i read talking about this series saying "Our defense goes clank in the night" or something to that effect and after Buehrle our pitching isn't that good. I wonder if he'll change his mind after this series.

RedPinStripes
04-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Yeah, and before the series started Lawton said their pitching and D was better than ours and we dominated in both those things while they stunk up the joint. And their sports writer guy at the Plain Dealer wrote a coulumn yesterday that i read talking about this series saying "Our defense goes clank in the night" or something to that effect and after Buehrle our pitching isn't that good. I wonder if he'll change his mind after this series.

Was it his brother?

:moron

voodoochile
04-19-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Probably not, Cleveland fans and sportswriters are so spoiled and arrogant... They will probably think this was a fluke, so we will just have to stomp them again next week...

Wonder if there was a shot being thrown at the division rival by the Sox. Most of the time you have day games on getaway days. Cleveland has to travel tonight and play tomorrow...

DrCrawdad
04-19-2002, 01:46 AM
I was thinking about this tonight too as I saw Manos making the plays at 3rd. I am not looking at the stats but does Manos have any errors so far this year? I don't remember Manos making any, yet.

Carlos has looked well I hate to use this word, but he's looked good in LF. However Carlos needs to get hitting. I wouldn't mind seeing Rowand or Liefer get a start in LF vs. the Tigers. How about starting Liefer vs. knuckle-baller Steve Sparks?

It will be interesting to see how Wright responds after his last outing. It's the Tigers, just throw the ball over and let them try to hit, is what I say.

2 of 3 from the Tigers.
3 of 4 or a split in Cleveland sounds great.

- DrCrawdad

MisterB
04-19-2002, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by DrCrawdad
I was thinking about this tonight too as I saw Manos making the plays at 3rd. I am not looking at the stats but does Manos have any errors so far this year? I don't remember Manos making any, yet.

He was credited with one in the first game of the KC series. His throw pulled Konerko off the bag, but Paulie applied the tag and the ump (Hirschbeck) blew the call.