PDA

View Full Version : Where's the love?

OKCSoxFan
04-18-2002, 11:22 PM
So the big bad Toons come to town with an 11-1 record and winners of 10 straight. People knew the Tribe couldn't keep up the .900 pace, but the media was ready to ink them in for the AL Central crown after sweeping the Twinkies.

Not only do we sweep them, but spank 'em hard and in convincing fashion. 24-8 for the series. Game 1 = 9 runs in one inning.Game 2 = no hits for the Tribe after second inning. Game 3 = score 7 runs on a night when their ace took the mound. Apparently, that's only good enough to be about the 4th best story in baseball right now. unbelievable. If the Yankees or Red Sox had taken 1 of 3 from the Tribe, it'd be headline-type stuff. Oh well...so goes White Sox baseball.
:angry:

Procol Harum
04-18-2002, 11:24 PM
Hey, how can we compete with Joe Mays going on the DL? :smile:

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 11:25 PM
The papers should be interesting tomorrow. I'll bet Moronotti skips the fact that his most hated team swept the so called feared indians.

doublem23
04-18-2002, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
The papers should be interesting tomorrow. I'll bet Moronotti skips the fact that his most hated team swept the so called feared indians.

:moron
Silly scum Sox fan. Look at the standings. The feared Indians are still in first place, so don't think this sweep meant anything.

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Silly scum Sox fan. Look at the standings. The feared Indians are still in first place, so don't think this sweep meant anything.

Get all your emails ready for tomorrow. I want everyone to rip into moronotti on air and we'll read them all! HA!

FarWestChicago
04-18-2002, 11:37 PM

A very reliable source told me MLB will be investigating the Smut Sox. I've heard the ball boys were giving the umps special "live" balls when the Smut Sox were batting and special "dead" balls when the Noble and Feared Indians were batting.

:knue

You weren't supposed to leak this story yet. Ahhh, what the hell. Preach it Brother!!

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

A very reliable source told me MLB will be investigating the Smut Sox. I've heard the ball boys were giving the umps special "live" balls when the Smut Sox were batting and special "dead" balls when the Noble and Feared Indians were batting.

:knue

You weren't supposed to leak this story yet. Ahhh, what the hell. Preach it Brother!!

How much you wanna bet something outrageous will be written about the Sox tomorrow? Just think, Moronotti is thinking up some bull***** right now.

Daver
04-18-2002, 11:47 PM

How much you wanna bet something outrageous will be written about the Sox tomorrow? Just think, Moronotti is thinking up some bull***** right now.

:fluffy

Hey! he's got me working my tail off,it's tough being a paid hairpiece!

voodoochile
04-18-2002, 11:54 PM

He'll just ignore us and write about the Hawks...

"You mean there was a baseball game played tonight? How come ShamMEMEME didn't tell me? Is it over Sham? Say it ain't so... (sniff)..."