PDA

View Full Version : Rowand ?

LITTLE NELL
12-21-2007, 03:05 PM
Was on a 10 day cruise and just found out that SF signed Rowand, were the Sox ever in the running to sign him?

voodoochile
12-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Oh gawd no...:?:

Here's 400+ posts on the subject. It's still on the first page of the TB Forum.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95647

white sox bill
12-21-2007, 03:38 PM
AROW wanted both arms,both legs and at least one ear. "Nuff said

Juice16
12-21-2007, 04:47 PM
AROW wanted both arms,both legs and at least one ear. "Nuff said

While the White Sox only offered the other ear.

CLR01
12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
While the White Sox only offered the other ear.

Kenny would rather trade for hm anyway. Look for a deal to be made soon.

voodoochile
12-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Kenny would rather trade for hm anyway. Look for a deal to be made soon.

I picture the SF GM waking up on January 3rd with a massive hangover, saying, "I paid how much for Aaron Rowand? Oh ****... I'm screwed... anyone want to trade for him? I'll eat some salary..."

DumpJerry
12-21-2007, 05:22 PM
Was on a 10 day cruise and just found out that SF signed Rowand, were the Sox ever in the running to sign him?
That should teach you about taking cruises during the offseason, doesn't it?:tongue:

According to "sources," Rowand told the Sox he wanted 5 years. The Sox were not willing to give him that many years, so money was never discussed. This thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=95808) does a nice job of explaining the logic behind why Rowand is not worth 5 years.

We had over 400 people on here when the news broke. Complete mayhem broke out. It happened the day after Fukudome signed with the Cubs. Before you ask, no, we were not in the running for Fukudome. While it seemst he Sox offered about 2 million more (overall, not per year) than the Cubs, the Cubs were able to meet his top two priorities: be the first Japanese player in the team's history and play Right Field.

eriqjaffe
12-21-2007, 06:06 PM
I picture the SF GM waking up on January 3rd with a massive hangover, saying, "I paid how much for Aaron Rowand? Oh ****... I'm screwed... anyone want to trade for him? I'll eat some salary..."More like, what, June 1? Isn't that when you can trade a FA you signed during the previous off-season?