PDA

View Full Version : This Date In Sox History 12-22

Lip Man 1
12-21-2007, 12:08 PM
December 22, 2004 - As part of a plan to add more depth to the rotation, the Sox sign veteran hurler Orlando “El Duque” Hernandez. “The Duke” started strong in 2005, faded somewhat down the stretch but pitched perhaps the most historical inning in franchise history when he came in to a bases loaded, no out situation at Boston in game #3 of the A.L.D.S. He proceeded to get two pop outs and a strike out as the Sox held on to win and advance to the A.L.C.S.

file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/THELIP%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/THELIP%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/THELIP%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpgfile:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/THELIP%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.jpg
Lip

Lip Man 1
12-21-2007, 12:10 PM
For some reason thread double posted.

Sorry.

Lip

October26
12-21-2007, 01:53 PM
December 22, 2004 - As part of a plan to add more depth to the rotation, the Sox sign veteran hurler Orlando “El Duque” Hernandez. “The Duke” started strong in 2005, faded somewhat down the stretch but pitched perhaps the most historical inning in franchise history when he came in to a bases loaded, no out situation at Boston in game #3 of the A.L.D.S. He proceeded to get two pop outs and a strike out as the Sox held on to win and advance to the A.L.C.S.

Lip

I refer to that inning as the "El Duque Inning". I have the WS video and watch that inning whenever I get a chance. It was so fantastic and wonderful to beat the Red Sox in Boston. That was definitely the most historical inning in franchise history!:gulp:

white sox bill
12-21-2007, 02:57 PM
I refer to that inning as the "El Duque Inning". I have the WS video and watch that inning whenever I get a chance. It was so fantastic and wonderful to beat the Red Sox in Boston. That was definitely the most historical inning in franchise history!:gulp:

Watching El Duque pump his fist after strike three was priceless!

eriqjaffe
12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Watching El Duque pump his fist after strike three was priceless!Actually being able to pinpoint the moment in time that Chris Berman's heart breaks is pretty good, too.

JNS
12-21-2007, 05:21 PM
Actually being able to pinpoint the moment in time that Chris Berman's heart breaks is pretty good, too.

Every time my 12-year-old sees Berman on Sports Center he just says "there's that ******* Berman." Even his Mom doesn't scold him for using that word in reference to the big, dumb, lug.

asindc
12-21-2007, 05:45 PM
It was that moment that made me sit back and enjoy it all as it was happening. I've watched other teams grab ahold of that kind of karma, momentum, whatever you want to call it, but this was the first time I saw my beloved Sox have everything bounce their way. I don't care what El Duque does with the rest of his career, he should never have to buy another beer in Chicago again.

During the 2005 playoff run, a Yankee fan told me he didn't miss Contreras, but he certainly missed El Duque because of his clutch pitching when it matters most. This was before The Inning. Another toast to El Duque!:gulp:

santo=dorf
12-21-2007, 05:51 PM
I'll take the 9th inning in game 4 mr. October 26th.

DSpivack
12-21-2007, 06:38 PM
It's a good day to sign Cubans, apparently.