PDA

View Full Version : Roberts to Cubs done?

Sockinchisox
12-20-2007, 01:51 PM
I guess Chicago radio stations are reporting the deal is done, while people in Baltimore are saying the opposite, anyone hear anything?

It's Time
12-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I just checked over at NSBB and there is some kind of buzz that the deal is Patterson, Gallagher and Murton for Roberts.

Not announced yet but that thread is so long I didn't bother to read it all.

Juice16
12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm glad to see the Cubs are getting better.

It's Time
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM

Looks like MacPhail is actually going to do something for the Cubs afterall.:redneck

Thomes Forearm
12-20-2007, 02:40 PM

Are you glad the cubs are getting better? Or are you glad the cubs are getting better?

spiffie
12-20-2007, 02:42 PM
I just checked over at NSBB and there is some kind of buzz that the deal is Patterson, Gallagher and Murton for Roberts.

If that's the deal I do not see any reason except for the Mitchell Report why the Sox couldn't be in on this. Of course, if the Sox have made the decision to not pursue any player named in the report I can respect that decision.

D. TODD
12-20-2007, 02:46 PM

Not announced yet but that thread is so long I didn't bother to read it all. If that's true it is a wonderful deal for the cubs. Roberts is an ideal leadoff guy, I would love to have him on the southside. Mitchell report and all.

WhiteSox5187
12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
If that's true it is a wonderful deal for the cubs. Roberts is an ideal leadoff guy, I would love to have him on the southside. Mitchell report and all.
That's what I was thinking...I was kind of hoping that perhaps the Mitchell Report would hurt his trade value...but, I'm hoping that Peter Angelos will decline any deal at the last minute...we'll see.

Tragg
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM

Murton is common (although loved by BP types for some strange reason). Who are Gallagher and Patterson?

peeonwrigley
12-20-2007, 03:22 PM
Murton is common (although loved by BP types for some strange reason). Who are Gallagher and Patterson?

Gallagher is one of their pitching prospects, Patterson is Korey's little bro. I believe he's a 2B.

Juice16
12-20-2007, 03:23 PM
This was my point too. Where are the Sox in this? We need a leadoff hitter, and I'm certainly not sold on Richar. Somebody on the board brought up going after Roberts before the Cubs rumors started and I thought it made sense. If this is truly what the Cubs are offering, there is no reason the Sox could not come up with an equal or greater offer.

It's Time
12-20-2007, 03:48 PM
This was my point too. Where are the Sox in this? We need a leadoff hitter, and I'm certainly not sold on Richar. Somebody on the board brought up going after Roberts before the Cubs rumors started and I thought it made sense. If this is truly what the Cubs are offering, there is no reason the Sox could not come up with an equal or greater offer.

But, but, Coco Crisp might be coming!! :rolleyes:

oeo
12-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Wasn't Roberts to the Cubs 'done' a couple of weeks ago? And a month ago, Crawford to the Cubs was 'done' too. I wouldn't believe anything until it's official.

getonbckthr
12-20-2007, 06:11 PM
That seems like a solid haul for Baltimore.

Chez
12-21-2007, 07:26 AM
I'm skeptical this deal will get done. The Cubs paid DeRosa a ton of money last off season to play 2B and he played well for them.