PDA

View Full Version : Big Hurt Delivers!

Bisco Stu
04-18-2002, 09:40 PM
As the greatest player in franchise history (and no traitor like Shoeless Joe--don't care what Ted Williams says), I stand by MVP forever.

Two run double tonight, and this should be the start of something great.

Now, picture our O with Frank in full form...

Scary...to the rest of the AL. And the Flubs, when we play those jackanuses.

BTW, I got tix for the June 16 game at Retched Field. Hope some other WSI snuckas are gonna represent!

GASHWOUND
04-18-2002, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
As the greatest player in franchise history (and no traitor like Shoeless Joe--don't care what Ted Williams says), I stand by MVP forever.

Two run double tonight, and this should be the start of something great.

Now, picture our O with Frank in full form...

Scary...to the rest of the AL. And the Flubs, when we play those jackanuses.

BTW, I got tix for the June 16 game at Retched Field. Hope some other WSI snuckas are gonna represent!

I mentioned earlier in the season he should go back to that open stance and look at him now, he's nailing those inside pitches that he always popped up. The whle line-up is clicking with the exception of Jose. Wow, can anyone say 1000 runs?

Bisco Stu
04-18-2002, 10:02 PM
Totally agree, gashwound (cool handle, btw). Frank had to change his stance. Now that he came to his senses, MVP will return.

Iguana775
04-18-2002, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Bisco Stu
Totally agree, gashwound (cool handle, btw). Frank had to change his stance. Now that he came to his senses, MVP will return.

he was using the open stance in 2000 when he had that big year after a few poor ones. did he change back to a closed stance in the early part of this season?? dont know why he would do that if he had so much success in 200 with it.

this team is going to be fun to watch!!

GASHWOUND
04-18-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775

he was using the open stance in 2000 when he had that big year after a few poor ones. did he change back to a closed stance in the early part of this season?? dont know why he would do that if he had so much success in 200 with it.

this team is going to be fun to watch!!

Yeah, he's been using his reg stand straight up stance, and went back to the open stance at yesterdays game.

I don't know why he went back to his reg. stance, pitchers would just pound him inside over an over. Today he nailed those pitches.

RKMeibalane
04-18-2002, 10:54 PM
Good...good! He is once again using the open stance he used in 2000-2001. Thank goodness. Now, pitchers will not pound him inside as they did during '98 and '99. I guess he thought the closed stance would work after he blasted those titanic blasts in Detroit, but then everyone remember to bust him inside. That will not happen again. Hehehe!

The Sox are 10-5. If they continue to play this way, they will win the division easily. Cleveland, at least from what I have learned by following these games on the internet, was completely overmatched in this series. They don't stand a chance against the Sox.