PDA

View Full Version : Bedard

SoxNation05
12-18-2007, 04:40 PM
I know I'm probably dreaming but this is from ESPN and I think the sox can put together a better package than this.

The Mariners now may be the front-runners to land Erik Bedard, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports. Players that could be included in a package for the ace lefty include right-handed pitcher Brandon Morrow, outfielder Adam Jones, rookie catcher Jeff Clement and left-handed reliever George Sherrill.

The Reds also have been pursuing Bedard, and in recent days, the Cubs let their interest be known.

Bedard is a will be an ace for a while.

PalehosePlanet
12-18-2007, 04:45 PM
I've read that the Mariners are offering 2 of the 3 (of Jones/Morrow/Clement) and Sherril would just be a throw in at this point.

mjmcend
12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
I know I'm probably dreaming but this is from ESPN and I think the sox can put together a better package than this.

The Mariners now may be the front-runners to land Erik Bedard, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer reports. Players that could be included in a package for the ace lefty include right-handed pitcher Brandon Morrow, outfielder Adam Jones, rookie catcher Jeff Clement and left-handed reliever George Sherrill.

The Reds also have been pursuing Bedard, and in recent days, the Cubs let their interest be known.

We don't have a young outfielder anywhere near the level of Adam Jones nor a young catcher worth a damn.

getonbckthr
12-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Adam Jones by himself is a better deal than we could offer.

munchman33
12-18-2007, 05:15 PM

If you think we can beat a package of those three stud prospects, all of whom close to mlb ready, please, by all means, let me know how.

Seriously people. You need to come to terms with reality. This overevaluating of our minor league system is sickening.

Let's put it this way. Who in our minor leagues are you saying "oh boy, I hope he makes the team out of spring training. He's gonna be an all-star." Why do you hear crickets? Because it's NO ONE. So stop it. We aren't beating anyone's package of top tier prospects.

CHISOXFAN13
12-18-2007, 05:26 PM
Do you even know who Adam Jones is?

chisox77
12-18-2007, 06:16 PM
One of the hard lessons the White Sox brass is learning (and I know that they realize it) is that player development is at the root of any success an organization is going to have. The Sox have some chips, but not enough to turn big trades. The best chip is Crede (maybe Fields), but no GM is going to trade for a 3B who had back surgery, and has yet to play. Crede, if dealt, would be a Spring Training trade, or later.

Now the White Sox can still make some really good moves, and KW is able to be creative enough to work out some nice deals. But I don't think the Sox have enough to get Bedard from Baltimore. I hope I'm wrong.

:cool:

HITMEN OF 77
12-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Mike Jones brother?

SkeetSkeetAmit
12-18-2007, 06:54 PM

Adam "Pac-Man" Jones? I thought he was wrestling now...

SoxNation05
12-18-2007, 07:40 PM
There is always a three way trade where we trade PK, Danks and someone else. Trade PK to someone with prospects send those prospects and Danks and another prospect for Bedard?

Lukin13
12-18-2007, 08:09 PM
There is always a three way trade where we trade PK, Danks and someone else. Trade PK to someone with prospects send those prospects and Danks and another prospect for Bedard?

Not that I think for a minute JR would support trading PK, but

this is by far your most rational idea since your thread explosion yesterday.

jabrch
12-18-2007, 08:19 PM
That's a very steep price to pay - that's their top two prospects and then some.

Mohoney
12-19-2007, 06:06 AM
That's a very steep price to pay - that's their top two prospects and then some.

If (and I do realize that it's a pretty big if) they sign Bedard to an extension, that package is practically nothing for a pitcher of Bedard's caliber. He would be fantastic in that big park.

spiffie
12-19-2007, 11:46 AM
I'd trade any two of Danks, Gio, DLS, Fields and one more prospect of their choosing for Bedard if we could sign him to a long-term extension.

JohnTucker0814
12-19-2007, 12:39 PM
I'd trade any two of Danks, Gio, DLS, Fields and one more prospect of their choosing for Bedard if we could sign him to a long-term extension.

How can we give up our only offensive young player???? We are all talking about how we need position players in our minor leagues... Fields is our only bright spot on offense that is going to be paid league minimum for a few years... we can't get rid of him unless we are getting a Miguel Cabrera back in return! Nuff Said!