PDA

View Full Version : We could use Canseco right now

beausox
04-18-2002, 07:56 PM
Jose says he can play the outfield, and for some reason I beleive him. He showed last year that he can still hit. Most teams only carry 6 men in their bullpen anyways. Jose Canseco would do a lot more for this team than Mike Porzio. I know guys like Rowand and Liefer haven't gotten much PT but when were down by a run and Clayton's spot comes up in the batting order, I would rather have Canseco pinch-hitting than Liefer, the only person two people that would disagree are Clayton and the opposing pitcher.

Cheryl
04-18-2002, 08:28 PM
Canseco is a moron. He couldn't play the field when he was with Oakland, I see no reason to believe he can play it now.

The way Clayton has been playing this year, I'd prefer him to the pinhead.

Shammy Soso
04-18-2002, 08:48 PM
Trade him for one or two good bullpen pitchers. I like Jose, but we need some bullpen inprovments.

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
Canseco is a moron. He couldn't play the field when he was with Oakland, I see no reason to believe he can play it now.

The way Clayton has been playing this year, I'd prefer him to the pinhead.

At one time he wasn't bad at all in the outfield.

Daver
04-18-2002, 08:56 PM
Thank you no,Magilla Gorilla can stay in Charlotte as far as I'm concerned.

MarqSox
04-18-2002, 09:07 PM

Well, he did win several gold gloves... but yeah, I think his days in the OF are over.

MattSharp
04-18-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

At one time he wasn't bad at all in the outfield.

Must we resurrect the clip of the home run boucning off his head for a HR?

MarqSox
04-18-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp

It was certainly comical, yes, but c'mon, every outfielder makes errors. His just happened to be of the bizarre variety.

doublem23
04-18-2002, 11:15 PM
The only good Canseco does sitting on the bench in Chicago is give playing time to younger guys down in AAA...

We never should have signed this moron. If you get cut by MONTREAL... That's a sign to hang them up.

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 11:44 PM
:harold

I'm next

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 11:45 PM
This just in: Canseco recalled-to replace Joe Stephan

MikeKreevich
04-19-2002, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp

I'd like to see the clip of beltan Bill Melton taken it on the beak.
As for Jose, where is he going to play unless someone gets hurt?

Lisa
04-19-2002, 02:47 PM
This move would baffle me if it hadn't come from Kenny.

Canseco is no better than average in the outfield. So what's the point? It's not as if we're lacking in outfielders. Rowand, Liefer, Borchard, and we could even bring up Mario. All of them can contribute more to this team. besides, Canseco is one of the dumbest individuals I have seen in baseball, ad that's saying a lot. The look on his face whenever he struck out in a key situation (and I got the opportunity to see that quite a few times last year)...well, it was priceless. with Frank back, we don't need him.

Also, I'd keep an overload of bullpen pitchers, too. That will (hopefully) limit their innings, since they're almost all coming off surgery. Plus, if one of them goes down again or is struggling with the comeback, we have options. I'd like to trade Canseco for some bullpen relief, but I can't imagine his jailbird ass is worth much.

voodoochile
04-19-2002, 02:58 PM
I don't think we'll get much in trade for Jose. After all, any team could hae signed him without trading anything for him. Why would they suddenly trade for him now?

According to KW, he was fulfilling a promise he made that if no one else wanted him, Jose could sign with the Sox in some capacity. For what it cost the team, that was a good move. It shows loyalty and players notice and appreciate that stuff.

Good Player Relations for the team at the least...

Paulwny
04-19-2002, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
I don't think we'll get much in trade for Jose. After all, any team could hae signed him without trading anything for him. Why would they suddenly trade for him now?

According to KW, he was fulfilling a promise he made that if no one else wanted him, Jose could sign with the Sox in some capacity. For what it cost the team, that was a good move. It shows loyalty and players notice and appreciate that stuff.

Good Player Relations for the team at the least...

Agree, haven't a few players expressed feelings of not wanting to play for the sox? Is JR now trying to appear player friendly?

doublem23
04-19-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny

Agree, haven't a few players expressed feelings of not wanting to play for the sox? Is JR now trying to appear player friendly?

Yeah, the big one being Curt Schilling... IIRC he basically said he'd retire before he played for the Sox and JR... and of course, anyone represented by... oh, damn... what's his name? Johnny Damon's agent... probably will never ever where the South Side pinstripes.

Cheryl
04-19-2002, 05:10 PM
You mean Scott Boras?

doublem23
04-19-2002, 05:11 PM
You mean Scott Boras?

Give her the prize.