PDA

View Full Version : ARod and Boras not talking?

dakuda
12-17-2007, 05:59 PM
This is the second place I saw an article like this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7575760

I didn't see any other threads on this, either.

kevin57
12-17-2007, 06:57 PM
OMG, this will make for a month's worth of sports soap opera crap on ESPN.

Lukin13
12-17-2007, 07:34 PM
Arod said something along those lines on 60 minutes last night.

I personally think that Boras let himself be the scapegoat when the free market wasn't very appealing to him and his client.

Think about it:

1. Arod and Boras decide NY isn't the best place for him and they basically make this known publicly.

2. No other franchise comes within $50,000,000 - $100,000,000 of the Yankees offer.

3. Uh-Oh! How can we save face and go back to the Yankees???

4. Blame it on the blowhard agent, this makes Arod look good and Hank look really good.

I really believe that if Boras really was to blame Arod would be roasting him a great deal more than he is currently.... and he would have canned his BorASS weeks ago.

WhiteSox5187
12-17-2007, 09:06 PM

I personally think that Boras let himself be the scapegoat when the free market wasn't very appealing to him and his client.

Think about it:

1. Arod and Boras decide NY isn't the best place for him and they basically make this known publicly.

2. No other franchise comes within $50,000,000 - $100,000,000 of the Yankees offer.

4. Blame it on the blowhard agent, this makes Arod look good and Hank look really good.

I really believe that if Boras really was to blame Arod would be roasting him a great deal more than he is currently.... and he would have canned his BorASS weeks ago.
I think Boras overplayed his hand and A-Rod was geniunely pissed, but as long as Boras keeps making his clients money they'll keep him even if he pisses them off a lot and they have to go behind his back every now and then...I think the fact that Boras declined to talk to 60 Minutes, who he talked to previously, says a lot.

FarWestChicago
12-17-2007, 09:13 PM

Think about it:

I really believe that if Boras really was to blame Arod would be roasting him a great deal more than he is currently.... and he would have canned his BorASS weeks ago.:borass:

Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

thedudeabides
12-17-2007, 09:22 PM
I don't care what the motivation behind all this is, it's great to see Boras getting so much negative press this offseason.

StillMissOzzie
12-18-2007, 12:28 AM
A-Rod and Bora$ aren't speaking to each other? I think I'm gonna cry...

SMO
:(::whiner:

asindc
12-18-2007, 08:31 AM
A-Rod and Bora$ aren't speaking to each other? I think I'm gonna cry...

SMO
:(::whiner:

Although I'm not sure this isn't orchestrated by both of them to get Arod off the hook, it's still a good thing for baseball when one of Boras' moves backfires so badly. Even if Arod knew about everything that was happening before the opt out, he can't be happy with the results. While I won't lose sleep over this, I do think if this causes other athletes to take a second look at their agents, it's all the better.

spawn
12-18-2007, 08:48 AM
I guess this means ARod won't be taking Boras to the prom this year. So sad.

palehozenychicty
12-18-2007, 09:00 AM
I guess this means ARod won't be taking Boras to the prom this year. So sad.

:rolling:

Crazy! I love it.

Sargeant79
12-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Variety is reporting that A-Rod has dumped Boras and gone with an entertainment manager:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117977876.html?categoryid=18&cs=1

soltrain21
12-18-2007, 11:42 AM
Variety is reporting that A-Rod has dumped Boras and gone with an entertainment manager:

I hope A-Rod is the love interest of someone on "The Hills" or "Gossip Girl."

munchman33
12-18-2007, 11:48 AM

HAHAHAHA :rolling

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-18-2007, 12:23 PM
Variety is reporting that A-Rod has dumped Boras and gone with an entertainment manager.

Remember Martin Short's character, Neil Sussman, in the Big Picture? He should represent A-Rod.

"I'm very, very aware... that you are seeing other agents. And I think it's good that you are. Finally, I mean it's healthy. But, this is the thing. If you decide to sign with me, you're gonna get more than an agent. You're gonna get three people. You're gonna get an agent, a mother, a father, a shoulder to cry on, someone who knows this business inside and out. And if anyone ever tries to cross you, I'll grab them by the balls and squeeze 'til they're dead. "

sox1970
12-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Remember Martin Short's character, Neil Sussman, in the Big Picture? He should represent A-Rod.

"I'm very, very aware... that you are seeing other agents. And I think it's good that you are. Finally, I mean it's healthy. But, this is the thing. If you decide to sign with me, you're gonna get more than an agent. You're gonna get three people. You're gonna get an agent, a mother, a father, a shoulder to cry on, someone who knows this business inside and out. And if anyone ever tries to cross you, I'll grab them by the balls and squeeze 'til they're dead. "

Please send an almond tort to the gentleman in the corner.

RedHeadPaleHoser
12-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Please send an almond tort to the gentleman in the corner.

I'm not talking to you! I'm not talking to you! I'll call you.

munchman33
12-18-2007, 01:42 PM
mlbtraderumors is now reporting that Boras isn't fired, and that Arod is simply hiring a second agent for entertainment purposes.