PDA

View Full Version : New thought

PorkChopExpress
12-17-2007, 02:01 PM
At least it's new for me. I didn't see anything on here about it, and I am bored with the inactivity this offseason, so here it goes. Konerko+Crede to Giants for Lincecum or Cain+Fred Lewis or Eugenio Velez. Obviously the big catch here is Lincecum or Cain. Lewis and Velez look like young, but not real young OF's, possible CF's, and their minimal stats look decent. I do not know much else about them, though.

The Giants have said they will listen to offers for Lincecum/Cain but it needs to be a big bat. Konerko fits that profile, and is under a reasonable contract for a few more years. They also look like they could use a decent 1B.

Also, they need a decent 3B, and Crede (hopefully) provides that, with the possibility of another potent bat.

I think we could find a decent 1B to fill in for Konerko if we lose him, and we get a great young pitcher.

CashMan
12-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Cain would be a really nice pitcher to have, but if something like that happened, Kenny would be giving up on Floyd since he is out of options, and i doubt he is ready to.

PorkChopExpress
12-17-2007, 02:24 PM
Cain would be a really nice pitcher to have, but if something like that happened, Kenny would be giving up on Floyd since he is out of options, and i doubt he is ready to.

What if we add Floyd to the package to get some more in return?

skottyj242
12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
So Hits plays third, who plays first?

PalehosePlanet
12-17-2007, 02:37 PM
Well it least it's not another Konerko to the Angels trade proposal.

Also, I read today on mlbtraderumors where some dork Yankee fan wrote in and asked about getting PK for Mussina, Igawa and a mid level prospect. *****.... The author's anwser of course was NO.

Big Hurt #35=HOF
12-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Good point - no more options for Floyd and Kenny loves him!!!!! Paulie has an inexpensive contract, and Kenny still thinks he can win this year.

skottyj242
12-17-2007, 02:54 PM
Good point - no more options for Floyd and Kenny loves him!!!!! Paulie has an inexpensive contract, and Kenny still thinks he can win this year.

Juan Pierre is an option.

CashMan
12-17-2007, 03:01 PM

What I never understood about kenny, other than an Erstad type of player, he would rather trade prospects for a player, rather than sign a FA.

Also, if another team knows, floyd is out of options, I would think they would be less inclined to trade for him?!?

champagne030
12-17-2007, 03:17 PM
What I never understood about kenny, other than an Erstad type of player, he would rather trade prospects for a player, rather than sign a FA.

Also, if another team knows, floyd is out of options, I would think they would be less inclined to trade for him?!?

29 other teams want Floyd and most in the industry view him as a top of the rotation starter. :cool:

hi im skot
12-17-2007, 04:28 PM

:rolling:

CashMan
12-17-2007, 04:53 PM
29 other teams want Floyd and most in the industry view him as a top of the rotation starter. :cool:

Kinda hard to be a top of the rotation pitcher, when you're a 1 pitch pitcher, and that 1 pitch is a straight fastball.

Big Hurt #35=HOF
12-17-2007, 05:54 PM

U R Funny
I cant help myself - Him or Figgins!!!

Big Hurt #35=HOF
12-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Kinda hard to be a top of the rotation pitcher, when you're a 1 pitch pitcher, and that 1 pitch is a straight fastball.

Good one, and true from what I seen. Like it or not he is in our rotation next year. He really needs to gets his breaking ball over! Showed a little at the end of last year.

pearso66
12-17-2007, 06:09 PM
Well it least it's not another Konerko to the Angels trade proposal.

Also, I read today on mlbtraderumors where some dork Yankee fan wrote in and asked about getting PK for Mussina, Igawa and a mid level prospect. *****.... The author's anwser of course was NO.

Either you or I read that wrong, but what I saw was the fan said trade Moose or Igawa and a mid level prospect. I don't care even if we were dumping Konerko's salary, that trade still wouldnt happen.

PalehosePlanet
12-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Good one, and true from what I seen. Like it or not he is in our rotation next year. He really needs to gets his breaking ball over! Showed a little at the end of last year.

Actually you guys are wrong, he's not a one-pitch pitcher. Floyd has an outstanding curveball and it's his best pitch; when he has command of it he's extremely difficult to hit (ask the Tigers who twice were baffled by it.) Also his fastball has good late movement in on the righty/away from the lefty at 92-94. He has good downward movement on his slider as well, but as with any pitcher, command is what will make or break Gavin as a pitcher.

HITMEN OF 77
12-18-2007, 12:56 AM
Someone a few days ago post a thread talking about Konerko being traded somewhere as his "source" has said something and now we have 28 different Konerko trade senarios in 4 different threads. I will believe something when I see links. Hopefully I won't see any.

CashMan
12-18-2007, 08:40 AM
Actually you guys are wrong, he's not a one-pitch pitcher. Floyd has an outstanding curveball and it's his best pitch; when he has command of it he's extremely difficult to hit (ask the Tigers who twice were baffled by it.) Also his fastball has good late movement in on the righty/away from the lefty at 92-94. He has good downward movement on his slider as well, but as with any pitcher, command is what will make or break Gavin as a pitcher.

Someone isn't good at sensing sarcasm.....