PDA

View Full Version : KW on the score

Jjav829
04-18-2002, 05:55 PM
A few things he said

-The DJ at Comiskey who was fired had previous problems that led up to this.

-KW says he doesn't care about that part of the Sox, hes more worried about the team itself.

-KW says he was "making good on a promise" when he signed Canseco to his deal.

-Credits Canseco with helping to teach the hitters last year.

-Wants to see the pitchers continue to work quickly.

-Feels the bullpen is starting to get their act together and thinks they will be good soon.

-The Canseco move is not about Frank. He wants to protect the Sox against injury.

-Will trade Canseco if another team comes asking for him, but he will not trade him to another AL Central team.

-He said that when talking to Parque he felt like "enough is enough" and that he feel that everyone has to earn their right to be here.

-When asked about Harris being called up, he said he would like to get the bench players get more playing time, and he sort of laughed as if hes thinking of bringing Harris up.

-When suggested that Buehrle should be given an extension he said that it's not a bad idea and said "who says that hasn't been discussed already, don't believe everything you read"

-Said hes never completely happy with anything and is always looking to improve.

-Wants to see the bullpen get a chance to pitch and see what they do rather than run out and get a guy, which he said he can't afford.

-Says he confident that if the ballpark starts getting more full, that Reinsdorf will pay the money to go out and add another player or two to help the team. Also said hes hesitant to talk about attendance but thinks the 15,000 fans that came out last night and the other fans in previous nights were great fans.

-When asked about whether the Sox would make a serious move to keep Ray he went off to say he just wants to focous on tonights game and Colon, and that there are a ton of variables that will determine whether they sign Ray. (In other words, Bye Bye Ray :smile: )

-Thinks Ritchie can pitch against the better teams in the league and feels he could easily be 3-0 right now. Feels Ritchie is a professional and that he has stepped up to the plate. Wanted to feel confident about the 1-2 pitchers and then he could let the 3-4-5 guys develop.

-Said the Sox don't want to be considered classless which is part of why the DJ was fired.

hold2dibber
04-18-2002, 05:58 PM
Wow - there's nothing in there that pissed me off. That's a first.

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Wow - there's nothing in there that pissed me off. That's a first.

:KW
"I've been taking PR classes."

Streets
04-18-2002, 07:05 PM
What DJ? Am I missing something by not being in Chicago right now?

Cheryl
04-18-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by Streets
What DJ? Am I missing something by not being in Chicago right now?

They finally wised up and fired that jag Joe Stephan.

Streets
04-19-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Cheryl

They finally wised up and fired that jag Joe Stephan.

Ok, I haven't seen him at the ballpark in the last couple seasons, definately didn't see him last year...unless he was the guy who did the "tug of war" crowd noise thing. I guess I don't pay much attention outside of Nancy's organ and the game.

Bmr31
04-19-2002, 02:07 AM
I think we should all wait and see. I thought KW was a complete moron, but some of his moves seem to be working. Lofton is a stud and I have to admit, Ritchie is better than i thought. I like what ive seen out of this marte guy too. Im by no means a KW backer yet.......but lets see what happens.