12-17-2007, 12:29 AM
per Rotoworld

Oneil Perez, RP
0.55 ERA, 0.80 WHIP, 17 K, 5 BB, 16.1 IP

Danny Richar, 2B
.224/.265/.254, 0 HR, 5 RBI, 17 K, 3 BB, 2 SB, 67 AB

Andrew Sisco, SP
1.88 ERA, 1.47 WHIP, 13 K, 11 BB, 14.1 IP

The writer believes that the Sox will sign Jose Castillo if Uribe or Crede is traded. He can play 2B, SS, and 3B.

Jose Castillo, INF
.356/.381/.581, 6 HR, 30 RBI, 25 K, 6 BB, 0 SB, 160 AB

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=MLB&columnid=2&articleid=29688&pg=1

I think Oneil Perez should be in the bullpen. He was great in AA last year. 2.10 ERA, 89 K, 20 BB. He cannot be any worse than MacDougal.

WhiteSox5187
12-17-2007, 12:53 AM
per Rotoworld

Danny Richar, 2B
.224/.265/.254, 0 HR, 5 RBI, 17 K, 3 BB, 2 SB, 67 AB

Yikes! That's certainly not a good sign...although it IS only winter ball...we still should have a plan B for second though...I'm not sure we have that...either way, hopefully Richar gets it turned around by ST.

Good to see Sisco did well.

FedEx227
12-17-2007, 01:51 AM

Eh. He's walking A LOT of guys compared to how many he's striking out. I think that ERA is a byproduct of lesser hitters in winter ball. Put those walk/K numbers to the majors and he's going to get wrecked, especially at the Cell.

It is showing that he's getting out of jams though which is a nice thing. I'll take a bullpen that gives up baserunners but it seemed like if our reliever gave up a hit, it was an almost guaranteed 2-3 run inning.

Richar looking brutal, that's not good :(: I'm really hoping he can step in and give us some young speed, but uh-oh.

balke
12-17-2007, 08:54 AM
If Richar is still hitting like that, it might be a good thing the Sox have Uribe still.

voodoochile
12-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Yikes! That's certainly not a good sign...although it IS only winter ball...we still should have a plan B for second though...I'm not sure we have that...either way, hopefully Richar gets it turned around by ST.

I'm sure that the backup plan is Uribe.

Why are you happy with Sisco's stats? If he walks people like that in the pros, he is going to get hammered. Nothing impressive about that WHIP...

soxfan43
12-17-2007, 09:51 AM
So it looks like Sisco won't be a part of the bullpen in 2008. 11 walks in that few innings is horrible. Also might be a good idea to hold onto Uribe to play 2nd, Richar's numbers don't look so good.

misty60481
12-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I think a lot of the hitters stats can be over looked, some are just trying to work on different weaknesses in there batting. I dont think there trying to put up big numbers. Also that might be the reason some pitchers have good numbers.

kittle42
12-17-2007, 10:18 AM
If I never see Andrew Sisco in a Sox uniform again, it will be too soon.

ShoelessJoeS
12-17-2007, 10:23 AM
If I never see Andrew Sisco in a Sox uniform again, it will be too soon.Indeed. Looks like he still cannot throw strikes.

DumpJerry
12-17-2007, 10:31 AM
So it looks like Sisco won't be a part of the bullpen in 2008. 11 walks in that few innings is horrible. Also might be a good idea to hold onto Uribe to play 2nd, Richar's numbers don't look so good.
Yeah, because Uribe is the next Pee Wee Reese. No wait, Uribe swings where the ball ain't, so he's not Reece.

WhiteSox5187
12-17-2007, 12:00 PM
I'm sure that the backup plan is Uribe.

Why are you happy with Sisco's stats? If he walks people like that in the pros, he is going to get hammered. Nothing impressive about that WHIP...
I was refering more to his ERA, it was late when I posted and I didn't think to look at his WHIP...obviously if he could bring down his walk total, I like that K/IP ratio...Perez also had a good winter.

Uribe at second was tried in '04 and defensively I think he's solid at second (not so much at short) but you're still getting hardly any production out of that nine hole then...I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox go outside the system to get another second baseman, but I wouldn't mind giving Richar another chance and I'm not THAT concerned about the offensive production we get out of second base. I'm more worried about the rotation, the bullpen, and who leads off.

KyWhiSoxFan
12-17-2007, 01:21 PM
The best the Sox can hope for is some team is impressed--if that is even remotely possible--about Sisco in the winter league and wants to take him off our hands. I'd take a ham sandwich for him.

As for Richar, he should be on a short leash this coming year. He is going to have to produce. If he's still struggling by June and is putting up the same numbers as he did last year, a replacement will be needed.

Lukin13
12-17-2007, 01:35 PM
As for Richar, he should be on a short leash this coming year. He is going to have to produce. If he's still struggling by June and is putting up the same numbers as he did last year, a replacement will be needed.

This is exactly what I DO NOT want to happen.

If we go with Richar, lets go with him. If we start the year with him I feel he should get 150 starts, lets figure out what he can do. I really do not want to see him 4 games per week like Ozzie will play him, and have the kid pulled in June if he is struggling.

FedEx227
12-17-2007, 01:40 PM

If we go with Richar, lets go with him. If we start the year with him I feel he should get 150 starts, lets figure out what he can do. I really do not want to see him 4 games per week like Ozzie will play him, and have the kid pulled in June if he is struggling.

Exactly. Give him the time. It's obvious this isn't a World Series team right now, so let's actually find out what our young guys can do. Enough of this "lets pay expensive and/or old free agents to fill holes we don't have the patience to let young guys try". In 2006 I understood, that was a damn good team. Last year, I really didn't understand it and if we do it in 08 I'll be pissed.

This team is not a contender so let's find out what our youth is made of and see if we have any pieces to build around.

soxinem1
12-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah, because Uribe is the next Pee Wee Reese. No wait, Uribe swings where the ball ain't, so he's not Reece.

The only Reese's Uribe resembles are these:

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/5/54/180px-Reese's_Pieces.jpg

soxfan43
12-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Going back and reading that entire article, it doesn't appear too many team's prospects hit that well. So that is a plus I guess, but I'm still not convinced Richar is the answer at 2nd.

Big Hurt #35=HOF
12-17-2007, 02:08 PM
I am afraid we will see Uribe at 2nd to start the year

Sisco (and Danks) can be solid if they can get the walks down. I guess you can say that about any young pitcher?

I mean I like the movement on Sisco's pitches and great speed from the left! He is still young and showed some signs of success at KC in the bigs, but like Voo doo said, he will get hammered if he walks guys in the majors.

Dolanski
12-17-2007, 02:47 PM
Read these stats with a grain of salt.

From Phil Rogers Blog on Chicagosports.com
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2007/12/fast-food-for-1.html

Pitchers are WAY ahead of hitters this year in the Dominican Winter League, holding batters to an OPS of about .650, which is 110 points lower than the 2007 average in the big leagues.

Yes, I see the comedy in quoting an article talking about a Cub player, but it still applies. Of course, this doesn't speak so well for our pitchers in winter ball...

white sox bill
12-17-2007, 02:49 PM

150 starts? What about the other 12 games in the season?

thedudeabides
12-17-2007, 03:25 PM
I am afraid we will see Uribe at 2nd to start the year

Sisco (and Danks) can be solid if they can get the walks down. I guess you can say that about any young pitcher?

I mean I like the movement on Sisco's pitches and great speed from the left! He is still young and showed some signs of success at KC in the bigs, but like Voo doo said, he will get hammered if he walks guys in the majors.

I'll be surprised if Uribe is on the team by the start of the year. Barring injury, I really can't see him in the starting lineup come opening day.

Richar is going to get his chance.

Dolanski
12-17-2007, 04:32 PM
2B is Richar's to lose. But don't forget about Pablo Ozuna...

Lukin13
12-17-2007, 07:22 PM
150 starts? What about the other 12 games in the season?

Yep, you got me, I don't know how many games there are in a MLB season.

Tell me WhiteSoxBill, how many players on the Sox started 150 games last year???? I am pretty sure no one even started 145 games.

150 is optomistic for any player on Ozzie's roster.

white sox bill
12-18-2007, 01:21 PM

Tell me WhiteSoxBill, how many players on the Sox started 150 games last year???? I am pretty sure no one even started 145 games.

150 is optomistic for any player on Ozzie's roster.

I doubt it was even 140 games w/o checking. I thought you had a typo and meant to say 150 AB's which is a failry short leash of what 35-40 games? I hope Danny can prove something positive in whatever number of games hes in. If hes in 150 games, there better be some decent numbers

oeo
12-18-2007, 01:26 PM

11 walks in 14.1 IP is not good. Same old, same old from Sisco is what that is.

Sisco can be solid if they can get the walks down. I guess you can say that about any young pitcher?

That was his problem last year, and the year before. I think the high amount of walks is Sisco. If not, we would be seeing a drop by now. The guy is garbage; good arm, but can't control it at all.

BainesHOF
12-18-2007, 01:48 PM
That's certainly discouraging news about Richar, but I trust what I saw from him during the 2007 season. He was passable with tons of potential to do better.

Sorry, Uribe shouldn't be an option anywhere for us. We need to dump him and get whatever we can for him. Then we can pick up a major-league utility infielder who can be inserted at second if Richar drowns.

Sisco shouldn't be even a long-shot option for us. I don't care if he has the best spring of any lefty in baseball. His past speaks for itself. Hopefully we can dump him for a prospect of some sort.

white sox bill
12-18-2007, 03:55 PM
BTW Lukin13 I certainly didn't mean to imply that you didn"t know your baseball, I just thought you typo'ed the 150 games thing. Sorry if I offended you.

TheCommander
12-18-2007, 04:09 PM

Konerko(151) and Uribe(150). The next closest were Dye(138),AJ(136),Thome(130) and Fields(100).Everyone else was below 100.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2007.shtml

white sox bill
12-18-2007, 04:28 PM
Konerko(151) and Uribe(150). The next closest were Dye(138),AJ(136),Thome(130) and Fields(100).Everyone else was below 100.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHW/2007.shtml

So lets assume Richar is underpeforming...how many games we gonna trot him out there? Uribe? Another minor leaguer? We sure don't a BA like 2nd baseman

Lukin13
12-18-2007, 07:18 PM
Not to nitpick but I am pretty sure those are games played, not games started.

I went to every pretty much every Sunday home game last season..... it was pretty annoying to see an totally different lineup every time I went to the ballpark. Ozzie's Sunday lineups were ridiculous.

I am one/was one of Anderson's biggest supporters and it is pretty easy to blame Ozzie's handling of him as one of his reasons for failure. I just hope that if '08 is Richar's "shot", that he gets to play EVERYDAY, not 4 games a week.

soxinem1
12-18-2007, 07:54 PM
Sisco had a good K to IP ratio this year too, as in 13K's in 14 IP.

He also walked 11.

And he improved how in winter ball????

Trust your stuff, Andy, reach back and challenge the hitters!!!

TheCommander
12-18-2007, 08:44 PM
Not to nitpick but I am pretty sure those are games played, not games started.

You are absolutely right. :redface: