PDA

View Full Version : Brendan Donnelly denies steroid use

Fantosme
12-15-2007, 10:24 PM
Says he called Radomski, but never bought anything. I expect that quite a few players will be making similar claims over the next few weeks.

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rob_bradford/index.php/2007/12/15/donnelly-speaks/

rocky biddle
12-16-2007, 08:13 AM
I like the "I bought them, but never took them" excuse too.

PalehosePlanet
12-16-2007, 08:30 AM

Yeah, I know, Matthews jr. tryed that one too. What a joke.

Donnelly is a guy that didn't even make it to the bigs until he was in his 30's; it's obvious how he finally made it. ***** Brandon!

Martinigirl
12-16-2007, 09:13 AM

It is like that evangelical preacher who said he bought the crystal meth from a gay hooker, but was neither gay nor taking meth. Sure, we believe you...

I wish people would just admit what they did was wrong when they are so obviously caught and then move on. It is the lame excuses that they throw out to try to cover their asses that make them look much worse than they did originally.

ode to veeck
12-16-2007, 10:30 AM
He was gonna use the Barroids defense ("I didn't know what they were!") but it's already taken

TheCommander
12-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Isn't he the same tool who got busted for doctoring the ball with pine tar a couple years ago? A true man of integrity! :rolleyes:

Fantosme
12-16-2007, 07:49 PM
The worst part is Gammons defending him, like he is some sort of tragic hero. In his mind, no one affiliated with Boston could ever cheat. Donnelly was the only member of the Red Sox named, and the only one that Gammons has defended.

WizardsofOzzie
12-16-2007, 08:29 PM
The worst part is Gammons defending him, like he is some sort of tragic hero. In his mind, no one affiliated with Boston could ever cheat. Donnelly was the only member of the Red Sox named, and the only one that Gammons has defended.

Wasn't Gagne in there too?

Fantosme
12-16-2007, 08:37 PM
Wasn't Gagne in there too?

Gagne was on the Brewers when the report came out, so Gammons no longer had a reason to defend him.