PDA

View Full Version : Something I read in paper

misty60481
12-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Have no more illusions about major sports, whether it be baseball, football, or basketball. They all have the ethical standards of a sewer rat. Let us count the ways: Money before anything; Torturing dogs; Gun violations; Killings; Rape; Fathering untold numbers of children with untold numbers of women; Robbery; Assault and battery; Selling of tradition to the highest bidder; Looking the other way on violations and Gambling on games. Each of the above has already occurred among major league sports stars or teams or the league offices themselves. Sports used to be our refuge from the cares of the world. Now they're just a plot line for a new TV show: SPORTS CSI.

Kind of hits the nail on the head--doesnt it?

itsnotrequired
12-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Kind of hits the nail on the head--doesnt it?

No, it doesn't.

pmck003
12-15-2007, 08:41 PM
I think you could apply what you said to many forms of entertainment today. Its not publiscized, but you could also say what you did about most professions. While the actual game is going on, I don't think of torturing dogs, robbery, or killings, and I think most pro athletes would disagree with you.

fed ex 4 pasqua
12-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Bad behavior associated with sports? A recent phenomenon? Or, more likely, greater scrutiny and exposure of late.

D. TODD
12-17-2007, 10:59 AM
Bad behavior associated with sports? A recent phenomenon? Or, more likely, greater scrutiny and exposure of late.
Every little misstep is covered in every possible manner now a days. True, there are plenty of problems, but the good old days weren't all that good. Babe Ruth would be ripped apart (lady with a knife chases a naked Ruth past reporters on a train, the reporters don't write a word, the personal life of athletes are not their business), Micky Mantle drunken ways, Bobby Hull violence at home, Ted Williams, spitting on fans etc. These were not news worthy, today any late night semi- altercation is news for weeks and weeks nation wide. It's not a new phenomenon, in any walk of life, especially by those who are rich and adored by the public.

Chicken Dinner
12-17-2007, 11:23 AM
The press is also out of control.

DumpJerry
12-17-2007, 11:24 AM
Mike Ditka once threw a used piece of gum at a woman in the stands.:o:

skottyj242
12-17-2007, 03:56 PM
Even the Bucket Boys have gone corporate.