PDA

View Full Version : WNBC says we screwed up bigtime

Fenway
12-15-2007, 12:57 PM
One thing for a blog or message board to get it wrong.

But the flagship station of the National Broadcasting Company is another matter.

from WNBC
On Thursday morning, prior to the time in which the Mitchell report was made public, WNBC.com published a list of ballplayer names that we expected to appear in the report. There were a number of discrepancies between our list and the Mitchell report, and we mistakenly listed several players that did not appear in the report.

Jonathan Dienst and WNBC.com regret the error

Forty-one of the players named by WNBC were not mentioned in the Mitchell report, including big-name stars like Albert Pujols, Jason Varitek, Nomar Garciaparra, Mets catcher Ramon Castro and Yankees slugger Johnny Damon.

The station updated their story about 15 minutes after it was posted, saying that a high-ranking MLB official saw "several errors" in the list. But WNBC waited to take it down about an hour before the Mitchell Report was released. By then, there were links to the bad list on CNBC.com and The Drudge Report.
http://www.nypost.com/php/pfriendly/print.php?url=http://www.nypost.com/seven/12142007/sports/it_sucks__damon_furious_at_being_named_o_848324.ht m

getonbckthr
12-15-2007, 01:11 PM
Ramon Castro is a big named star?

Oblong
12-15-2007, 01:37 PM
If a blogger had done the exact same thing as this reporter we'd be hearing lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth from the "Real" media about how careless blogs can be.

Huisj
12-15-2007, 01:56 PM

And Johnny Damon is a slugger?

drewcifer
12-15-2007, 01:59 PM
And Johnny Damon is a slugger?

That was probably most egregious error of all.

WSox597
12-15-2007, 04:39 PM

New York players are all stars to the NY media. The rest of us just have to get with the program here.

StillMissOzzie
12-16-2007, 04:00 AM
I heard many of the big names Fenway posted mentioned on a radio report prior to the Mitchell press conference. Also included, to the delight of many many Cubs haters, was Prior, Wood, and Sosa. I was wondering, when the report was officially released, what the hell had happened with these other guys I had heard mentioned earlier in the day.

SMO
:?: