PDA

View Full Version : I guess I have to lay off Ray


RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 03:50 PM
As always, I bash a player and they go on to tear it up. That's fine by me in this case becuase he's been a great #2 man. Waht the hell is going to happen if he hits .300 this year? Wee-willie? Or a 10million $$$$$ Ray ray?

Dadawg_77
04-18-2002, 04:20 PM
Ray Ray and Kenny Lofton should be brought back if they continue to play like this. Maybe the Sox trade C Lee for another SP or coupld MRP, you can never have to much pitching.

Jerry_Manuel
04-18-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Ray Ray and Kenny Lofton should be brought back if they continue to play like this. Maybe the Sox trade C Lee for another SP or coupld MRP, you can never have to much pitching.

For Lofton and Durham to both be brought back under the chairman's current financial system, someone with a big salary would have to go.

Dadawg_77
04-18-2002, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


For Lofton and Durham to both be brought back under the chairman's current financial system, someone with a big salary would have to go.

Clayton is what 6 million. Maybe is Hummel can play SS, Jose is gone to, that is 5 million.

Jerry_Manuel
04-18-2002, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Clayton is what 6 million. Maybe is Hummel can play SS, Jose is gone to, that is 5 million.

Royce at 4.5 and Jose is either at 5 or a touch under it. They would have to trade Jose for him to be gone, and I don't see that happening. Ray and Kenny will both gone, that's all I can say.

Dadawg_77
04-18-2002, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Royce at 4.5 and Jose is either at 5 or a touch under it. They would have to trade Jose for him to be gone, and I don't see that happening. Ray and Kenny will both gone, that's all I can say.

Maybe Ray since we have a couple replacements in the wings. But can Harris bring what Kennys brings to the table, I am not so sure. Sure Wee Willie had a great ST but can he carry it over. Lofton is no Henderson, but he is up there as a leadoff, the best the Sox have had since I was a fan. Thats why I feel KW may move Lee this offseason, put rowland out in LF til LTP is ready, and resign Lofton.

BoozeSlut
04-18-2002, 07:12 PM
Don't forget Sandy and his $2.5M will be gone.