PDA

View Full Version : Think we're panicking?

thomas35forever
12-14-2007, 08:00 PM
Check out this "analysis" by someone on a Cardinals board:
Well, not much to add here, I think the transactions of other teams compared to the Cards speak for themselves. Haren is now a D-Back, Cabrera/Willis are Tigers, the Cubs, Brewers, and Astros have all made significant move this offseason to make their respective clubs better. Meanwhile, the Cards have some how gotten a whole lot worse this offseason, personally, I didn't think this was possible, but with the ridiculous moves that they have made (and not made) 2008 is done and probably along with it the next 5 years of the organization. They didn't re-sign Eckstein or Miles (big mistake) But no the less I would have been ok with this if they got someone better, but they chose Izturis. They released So Taguchi, another mistake. It appears they feel no need to improve the pitching staff because of the names being thrown out there like Josh Fogg and Bartolo Colon. Management has become a disgrace, 2008 is goin to be rough.

WhiteSox5187
12-14-2007, 11:09 PM
I've said it once and I'll say it again, I think that Walt Jocketty was one of the best GMs in baseball and firing him was a huge mistake on the behalf of the Cardinals...the thing about the Cardinals is they play in a division where just about anyone can win...the Sox play in a legimately tough division.

PalehosePlanet
12-14-2007, 11:40 PM
To me it makes no sense that the Cards aren't doing anything --- as of yet. They pack the house every night so it would seem the funds are there. So far they've only talked of moving Rolen for an SP. Very odd.

champagne030
12-14-2007, 11:49 PM
To me it makes no sense that the Cards aren't doing anything --- as of yet. They pack the house every night so it would seem the funds are there. So far they've only talked of moving Rolen for an SP. Very odd.

Sound like us....except they also had the added "buzz" of a new stadium. I hope they're at least pumping those profits into the team (draft/scouting, ect).

DSpivack
12-15-2007, 02:33 AM
Sound like us....except they also had the added "buzz" of a new stadium. I hope they're at least pumping those profits into the team (draft/scouting, ect).

That's the only thing I'm thinking. The Sox still rank highly with a $105 million payroll, although that's somewhat necessitated by a poor farm system. Still, the Cards (I think, not really sure) are much lower than that, and their farm system isn't a whole lot better.