PDA

View Full Version : North says Sox making the wrong move...

Kilroy
04-18-2002, 02:24 PM
in firing Joe Stephen for the WhiteSnake stunt.

What do you guys think?

I think it's one thing for us to make smart-ass remarks about it, but to actually have done that in the park was kinda low class.

Maybe I'm alone in that opinion. Either way, having the opposite opinion of the ass :ass makes me feel like I'm on the right side.

MarqSox
04-18-2002, 02:28 PM
I'm way out of the loop on this one, can somebody fill me in?

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 02:31 PM
I'm bored today and don't know what this is about. Maybe I'll turn the idiot on and send him some hate mail so he won't read it again.

OfficerKarkovice
04-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox
I'm way out of the loop on this one, can somebody fill me in?

In the first game of the Cle. series when they were out there taking batting practice the Comiskey loudspeakers were playing Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. Indians pitcher Chuck Finley who was pitching that day who has recently been abused by his wife Tawney Kitaen who was married to the lead singer of Whitesnake and was in all their videos.

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 02:32 PM
Does This idiot ever say the Sox are going in the right direction?

Kilroy
04-18-2002, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice

In the first game of the Cle. series when they were out there taking batting practice the Comiskey loudspeakers were playing Here I Go Again by Whitesnake. Indians pitcher Chuck Finley who was pitching that day who has recently been abused by his wife Tawney Kitaen who was married to the lead singer of Whitesnake and was in all their videos.

Further, they filed for divorce that day, and Kitaen checked herself into a rehab clinic. Add in the fact that they have two young daughters mixed up in all that mess, and playing that song as an obvious jab looks even more low-brow.

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 03:37 PM
North is now telling people that they shouldnt go for the rest of the season. I think Sox-and-Roll has room to bash North along with Moronotti Friday.

By the way. Mike north just got an invitiation to tune in Friday. HA!

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 03:40 PM
And North is such an authority on things that are said and done.
Right Antonio Mora? Why wasnt North canned for another of his ethnic slurs that time? *** even listens to that blowhard?

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
And North is such an authority on things that are said and done.
Right Antonio Mora? Why wasnt North canned for another of his ethnic slurs that time? *** even listens to that blowhard?

I rarly listen to him. I'm looking for material for friday to blast all the sox haters in hte media.

Cheryl
04-18-2002, 04:12 PM
I've always hated Joe Stephen anyway, so I'm happy he was fired.

Plus, I get to disagree with that Cub fan North again.

This is perfect.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
I've always hated Joe Stephen anyway, so I'm happy he was fired.

Plus, I get to disagree with that Cub fan North again.

This is perfect.

This pretty well sums up my thoughts, too. I'm shocked the Sox even bothered to keep Stephen on the payroll after he clearly wore out his welcome with Sox Fans back in '99.

As for the dolts who run the Score, apparently they haven't learned their lesson with Mike North.

I don't listen to any of those no-talent clowns anymore.

LongDistanceFan
04-18-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

This pretty well sums up my thoughts, too. I'm shocked the Sox even bothered to keep Stephen on the payroll after he clearly wore out his welcome with Sox Fans back in '99.

As for the dolts who run the Score, apparently they haven't learned their lesson with Mike North.

I don't listen to any of those no-talent clowns anymore. what did he do in 99?

am i out of the loop when i say that i didn't see anything wrong with that........ or is it now becoming a politcal correct world on what to say and what not to say?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2002, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
what did he do in 99?

am i out of the loop when i say that i didn't see anything wrong with that........ or is it now becoming a politcal correct world on what to say and what not to say?

Stephen was the no-talent fool who used to run around Comiskey between innings with a microphone, doing lame comedy bits and deejay schtick. He's a wedding reception deejay by trade, that was obvious by the level of talent he possessed. There was nothing "pc" about it; just embarrassing poor quality. Everyone hated him, and the Sox finally took away his Comiskey deejay on-field role.

As for North, he's just plain stupid. No talent, base opinions, and uninformed about practically every topic he chooses to spout off about. I can almost feel the brain cells inside my head dying off as I listen to his radio show. I guess the morons who run the Score haven't been embarrassed enough by him to can him yet. Maybe they know the rest of their stable of "talent" is hardly better, and haven't anyone better to fill the void?

Mark my words, the ax will fall on this guy soon enough. His next job ought to be Joe Stephen's sidekick at some wedding hall. Hot dog peddler would look good by comparison.

Kilroy
04-18-2002, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
what did he do in 99?

He (Joe Stephan) performed quite possibly the worst schtick imaginable between innings at the games. He was like "Dancing Homer" but dumber.

As far as whether there was anything wrong with playing the WhiteSnake song, yes and no. Just playing the song is fine, but the goof admitted that he intentionally played the song with Finley in mind. That being the case, he's making fun of the guy's personal problems, and to me anyway, that just ain't cool. NO CLASS.

LongDistanceFan
04-18-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Kilroy

He (Joe Stephan) performed quite possibly the worst schtick imaginable between innings at the games. He was like "Dancing Homer" but dumber.

As far as whether there was anything wrong with playing the WhiteSnake song, yes and no. Just playing the song is fine, but the goof admitted that he intentionally played the song with Finley in mind. That being the case, he's making fun of the guy's personal problems, and to me anyway, that just ain't cool. NO CLASS. ok i can accept that

LongDistanceFan
04-18-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Stephen was the no-talent fool who used to run around Comiskey between innings with a microphone, doing lame comedy bits and deejay schtick. He's a wedding reception deejay by trade, that was obvious by the level of talent he possessed. There was nothing "pc" about it; just embarrassing poor quality. Everyone hated him, and the Sox finally took away his Comiskey deejay on-field role.

As for North, he's just plain stupid. No talent, base opinions, and uninformed about practically every topic he chooses to spout off about. I can almost feel the brain cells inside my head dying off as I listen to his radio show. I guess the morons who run the Score haven't been embarrassed enough by him to can him yet. Maybe they know the rest of their stable of "talent" is hardly better, and haven't anyone better to fill the void?

Mark my words, the ax will fall on this guy soon enough. His next job ought to be Joe Stephen's sidekick at some wedding hall. Hot dog peddler would look good by comparison. ref north...... i agree....... the heads will fall

Cheryl
04-18-2002, 08:55 PM
With that pissant Stephan gone, does this mean more Nancy?

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
With that pissant Stephan gone, does this mean more Nancy?

There are something like ten guys running the scoreboard alone. I doubt the firing of Stephen will make much difference for Nancy. That's too bad. Resident marketing genius, Rob Gallas, thinks organ music is "horse and buggie" entertainment to modern baseball fan tastes.

So he give us Joe Stephen? Gallas is one serious idiot.

:gallas
"It's been twelve years since Turn Back the Clock Day. Nobody has a thinner portfolio of accomplishment than me."

MikeKreevich
04-19-2002, 09:55 AM
All Mike North is an authority on is placing a illegal bet. Anyone who talks that much never took the time to listen and learn much.

34 Inch Stick
04-19-2002, 11:38 AM
If I knew that fat prick was the person handling the in house music I would have called for his firing years ago. When he disappeared from on field duties, I thought he disappeared from the Sox payroll. I cannot tell you how much I despised him. He embarassed me being a fan. I do not care about the White Snake incident and I still hate that talentless jerkoff.

I would like to find out where his next wedding gig is and boo him there.

He reminds me of AM1000 non funny man Harry Tinywick. I wish Dan McNeil would have finished off that underemployed Cub loving non comedian.

palehosemike
04-20-2002, 12:28 AM
I SHOULD SHUT MY PIE HOLE -

Mathew
04-20-2002, 02:20 AM
The Camp Kill yourself sig is great!