PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy FireKennyWilliams.com? Too late - MLB already bought it.

Mr. Man
12-13-2007, 08:10 AM
I'm pretty sure I saw this in the Aaron Rowand thread somewhere yesterday ...
The owner of FireKennyWilliams.com is

MLB Advanced Media, LP
From Home Run Derby (http://homerderby.com/archives/1653)

SoxxoS
12-13-2007, 08:13 AM
Fire KW.com would be just as good, who owns that?

itsnotrequired
12-13-2007, 08:14 AM
:rolling:

SBSoxFan
12-13-2007, 08:53 AM
Is it likely they bought all the "fire(your manager here) dot com" domains?

spiffie
12-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Is it likely they bought all the "fire(your manager here) dot com" domains?
They don't own fireozzieguillen.com or fireozzie.com. Nor do they own firejimhendry.com, firetheoepstein.com, or firebriancashman.com. Seems odd that they specifically bought the KW related ones. I wonder what prompted it.

JNS
12-13-2007, 09:29 AM
They don't own fireozzieguillen.com or fireozzie.com. Nor do they own firejimhendry.com, firetheoepstein.com, or firebriancashman.com. Seems odd that they specifically bought the KW related ones. I wonder what prompted it.

Selig is JR's caddy.

SBSoxFan
12-13-2007, 09:50 AM

hhmmm ... I got nothin.

TheVulture
12-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I wonder what prompted it.

Mmm, they've been watching the off-season unfold?

spiffie
12-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Mmm, they've been watching the off-season unfold?
They bought it in April of last year. I guess someone figured the 2006 offseason wasn't promising either.

JorgeFabregas
12-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Fire KW.com would be just as good, who owns that?
Haven't checked the Whois myself, but according to the blog comments MLB owns that as well.

JorgeFabregas
12-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, I checked a couple of the ones you listed and it seems like someone just beat them to the punch. They might have only started doing this in April of 2007. If someone bought those other domains before there's not much they can do about it.

DumpJerry
12-16-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm pretty sure I saw this in the Aaron Rowand thread somewhere yesterday ...The owner of FireKennyWilliams.com is

MLB Advanced Media, LP
From Home Run Derby (http://homerderby.com/archives/1653)
I noticed that a prominent WSI poster appears as one of the people who posted a comment on the link you provided.

Brian26
12-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I noticed that a prominent WSI poster appears as one of the people who posted a comment on the link you provided.

Good to see WhiteSoxJosh back in the fold!

Oh, you meant... :D:

SBSoxFan
12-17-2007, 09:13 AM
Well, I checked a couple of the ones you listed and it seems like someone just beat them to the punch. They might have only started doing this in April of 2007.

Could be, and I wonder if this is MLB's belated attempt to get control over what could be an otherwise negative, fairly public forum.

If someone bought those other domains before there's not much they can do about it.

I think MLB could offer to buy them. Perhaps someone is buying these domain names with just such a hope.