PDA

View Full Version : New Plan for Marlins Stadium at Orange Bowl

Viva Medias B's
12-12-2007, 09:21 PM
There is another plan to keep the Marlins in South Florida. The county manager of Miami-Dade offeres a new plan to the Marlins. I wonder if the Orange Bowl site is the best place for the Marlins. The neighborhood around the OB isn't the greatest in the world, and parking there is extremely minimal.

Link (http://www.miamiherald.com/519/story/341334.html)

DSpivack
12-12-2007, 10:42 PM
Why not Broward County? It's somewhat equidistant in the population center down there, between Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach.

Viva Medias B's
12-12-2007, 10:49 PM
Why not Broward County? It's somewhat equidistant in the population center down there, between Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach.

I think that would not be a bad idea. Build it west of Ft. Lauderdale.

MiamiSpartan
12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
there is already a hockey arena in that area that no one goes to...what makes you think they would go to baseball games there???

Part of the plan for Miami also calls for parking for 6000 cars....the neighborhood is actually a little better than where the Cell is located...

This idea has the best chance of finally coming to fruition....

cws05champ
12-15-2007, 08:08 AM
there is already a hockey arena in that area that no one goes to...what makes you think they would go to baseball games there???

Part of the plan for Miami also calls for parking for 6000 cars....the neighborhood is actually a little better than where the Cell is located...

This idea has the best chance of finally coming to fruition....

Living in Broward county, I have long said that a stadium in Miami city limits would not fly for the long term. I still feel the same with this location. They should build it on the land that is near Dolphins Stadium as it is a more central location(if they could get the land).

MiamiSpartan
12-18-2007, 07:40 AM
of course you would say that living in Broward.
We had season tix for 3 years for the Panthers, and we finally gave them up, because the location in Broward was so bad...Evidently, it isn't even convenient of people in Broward, since they are now drawing so poorly...

The trouble with Dolphin Stadium is it is not near any public transportation.
Downtown sites are still better than outlying sites, whether it was Ft Lauderdale or Miami. You have to build these things near where people live and work...
The Panthers routinely sold out at the Miami Arena, and I still think it was a mistake not to have them at the AAA, or at least put up the arena in downtown Ft Lauderdale...

Fenway
12-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Is there any land adjacent to the "tri-rail" (http://www.tri-rail.com/) That might be the best option.