PDA

View Full Version : Some funny comments on the fights in the stands

Jerry_Manuel
04-18-2002, 10:30 AM
From the Trib:

Sox players and manager Jerry Manuel still were talking about the wild scene Wednesday. Manuel said he watched a man wearing a Magglio Ordonez jersey jumping another fan in the bleachers.

"He had a good right hand," Manuel said. "I like boxing. I like that kind of stuff. [But] we don't want to see anybody get hurt. … It could be embarrassing as well. Hopefully they all had a good time and the people that were with them had a good time and weren't in any fear. You don't want people coming to the ballpark and being afraid."

Speaking facetiously, Maunel said, "If they could somehow promote those fights like that—send them out like the eventh inning stretch every day—Section 108, 'Clear out. Ding. Let's go.'" Everybody take a breather from the game, then get back and do our thing. That guy in the Ordonez jersey, I'd promote him. He was really swinging."

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2002, 10:34 AM
:moron

And the leader of the Smut Sox, Jerry Manuel, further denigrated his sullied team's sorry history by suggesting that the brawls in the stands become a normal part of games at the concrete ghetto wasteland that is Comiskey Park....

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 10:41 AM
:moron

"Of course, the idea of fights at a game originated at Wrigley Field"

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Of course, the idea of fights at a game originated at Wrigley Field

:gallas
"'Fights & Floppy Hat Night!' That's a winner! I bet I can get Miller to sponsor it, too!"

:hurt
"The first joker to touch my cap gets his spleen crushed!"

:jerry
"I'm ready! They ought to have a seniors' division for Gold Gloves!"