PDA

View Full Version : Everyone think about this

thomas35forever
12-12-2007, 07:14 PM
This is one of those times where the forum goes absolutely ape**** because of what is (or in this case isn't) going on in White Sox Land. In this case, we've missed out on two OFs in the last 24 hours. One is a Japanese import who we don't know how well he'll do in MLB, and we all know who the other one is.

I hope we've all learned something by not getting Aaron Rowand. 2005 is officially in the past. If he had indeed signed with us and his game went to Hell, we'd be coming down on KW for signing him. As many posters have mentioned, everyone loved Aaron because of his grinder style of play. It's time for us to move on and get ready for '08. I hope these countless Rowand threads will now stop because we now know he will not be with us in the near future. It's time for our obsessing over this man to end. Stop living in the past, look towards the future.

Domeshot17
12-12-2007, 07:27 PM
The problem is we have a hole in CF the size of texas.

We are looking to the future, and right now the future has 2 mediocre prospects as our CF options. It will be easier to go forward when Kenny does something.

chisox77
12-12-2007, 07:30 PM
I have already moved on . . . bring on 2008!

:cool:

areilly
12-12-2007, 07:43 PM
Stop living in the past, look towards the future.

This from a user named "thomas35forever"...

:rolleyes:

thomas35forever
12-12-2007, 07:45 PM
This from a user named "thomas35forever"...

:rolleyes:
Don't forget about rowand33, Scottiehaswheels, and the ever-famous Lorenzo Barcelo.

I hope you're not trying to start a fight because I don't want any trouble.

Domeshot17
12-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Don't forget about rowand33, Scottiehaswheels, and the ever-famous Lorenzo Barcelo.

I hope you're not trying to start a fight because I don't want any trouble.

Then why would you start a thread telling people to let go of Rowand. If they want to cheer for him for being A-Row fans they have as much of a right to love aaron as you do The big hurt and my fiancee who still loves her pods.

PalehosePlanet
12-12-2007, 09:34 PM
Man, people sure are getting testy. I think he was just talking about turning the page and that Rowand coming back would come off as a nostalgic move rather than something that would actually improve the club.

Jjav829
12-12-2007, 09:42 PM
While part of me wanted to see Rowand back, I guess there's at least one positive that could come from this. Hopefully all the people who were clamoring about how Rowand should never have been traded will shut up. And hopefully the people who get off on repeating the same old Rowand 'jokes' (and I use that word loosely because they really weren't funny after the 50th time...or any of the thousand times after that) ad nauseam will now shut up. And those of us who are simply fans of Rowand who enjoy following his career and discussing it, just as we enjoy following any other non-White Sox like, for instance, Jake Peavy, can have normal conversations about a player on another team without the morons butting in.

areilly
12-12-2007, 11:12 PM
While part of me wanted to see Rowand back, I guess there's at least one positive that could come from this. Hopefully all the people who were clamoring about how Rowand should never have been traded will shut up. And hopefully the people who get off on repeating the same old Rowand 'jokes' (and I use that word loosely because they really weren't funny after the 50th time...or any of the thousand times after that) ad nauseam will now shut up. And those of us who are simply fans of Rowand who enjoy following his career and discussing it, just as we enjoy following any other non-White Sox like, for instance, Jake Peavy, can have normal conversations about a player on another team without the morons butting in.

I personally am terrified of the threads that will come up if he has another mighty season in 2008.