PDA

View Full Version : What Will KW do from here out?

palehosepub
12-12-2007, 04:48 PM
I say if he does not pick up Bedard, Rios, Lincecum, Craword, Rameriz (A Cuban player who can play SS or Center) or get a bunch in a Konerko trade to AZ, LAD or LAA we will absolutely suck in 08'. Or just flat out make 4-6 small deals to fill in holes we will probably be left out of contention.

ilsox7
12-12-2007, 04:51 PM
Oh man, I am so glad this thread is open. I was looking for a place to talk about White Sox baseball in the off season and just could not find any relevant thread to do so!

palehosepub
12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Oh man, I am so glad this thread is open. I was looking for a place to talk about White Sox baseball in the off season and just could not find any relevant thread to do so!

That's the reason I started it. LOL.

santo=dorf
12-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Pout and talk about the market is "insane" or something.

SoxGirl4Life
12-12-2007, 04:56 PM
That's the reason I started it.
I think ilsox7 was being sarcastic.

btrain929
12-12-2007, 05:00 PM

Post of the month!

JackK
12-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Ok, enough crying about KW, how we got where we are, blah blah blah. What options do we have left?

I can think of two off the top of my head:

1. Get Coco Choco Crisp from the Wrong Sox
2. Trade PK for a package of young guys from AZ

kittle42
12-13-2007, 01:00 AM

He's already sold 70% of the WSI crowd on that, and it's embarrassing. Seriously, people, do you care about winning or do you care about the company's profit margin? And it's not like they'd be "mortgaging the future" like the Tigers obviously did - because the Sox' minor league system has sucked for years.

I think while typing this, I realized I am in the "rebuild now that we have ****ed up" camp.

oeo
12-13-2007, 11:24 AM
He's already sold 70% of the WSI crowd on that, and it's embarrassing. Seriously, people, do you care about winning or do you care about the company's profit margin? And it's not like they'd be "mortgaging the future" like the Tigers obviously did - because the Sox' minor league system has sucked for years.

I think while typing this, I realized I am in the "rebuild now that we have ****ed up" camp.

I want to win, and I want to win for years. Signing free agents right now, is only going to give us another two year window, and then we'll find ourselves right back where we are, again. What's the solution then? Sign more Free Agents?

Kenny needs to get creative with his plan, unlike about 95% of the people here (who would rather trade our biggest minor league pieces for a stud, and spend upwards to $18 million on an outfielder...some would like two of those; completely ignoring the fact that we still have problems in the rotation and question marks all over the field).

If we only had one or two holes, signing an overpriced free agent would be worth it. Right now we have bigger issues.

rowand33
12-13-2007, 11:31 AM
It's so rude of the moderators to keep changing the results of polls.

Chicken Dinner
12-13-2007, 11:33 AM
I think he'll be working on his "market correction" speech so it's ready for Soxfest.

voodoochile
12-13-2007, 11:37 AM
It's so rude of the moderators to keep changing the results of polls.

:whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

spawn
12-13-2007, 11:53 AM
I picked "consult with PPDC"....:redneck

veeter
12-13-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm glad none of the free agent signings happened. The Cabrera trade would have been great, because he's only 24. To me, this year is obviously not going to be great. But it can lead to great things. The Sox have now, (although, not by choice) saved a ton of money. They can be extreme 'sellers' at the dealine, setting themselves up for years. I'm willing to be patient.

Taliesinrk
12-13-2007, 12:23 PM
I'm glad none of the free agent signings happened. The Cabrera trade would have been great, because he's only 24. To me, this year is obviously not going to be great. But it can lead to great things. The Sox have now, (although, not by choice) saved a ton of money. They can be extreme 'sellers' at the dealine, setting themselves up for years. I'm willing to be patient.

I agree.. although, I'd definitely be for pulling that rockabilly konerko to AZ trade now.

Zisk77
12-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Ok, enough crying about KW, how we got where we are, blah blah blah. What options do we have left?

I can think of two off the top of my head:

1. Get Coco Choco Crisp from the Wrong Sox
2. Trade PK for a package of young guys from AZ

i'm not coocoo for Coco crisp .. rather have Owens.

With Roberts on Mithell report he seems less attractive. Bedard would be great. Too bad Markakis seems untouchable.

Hitmen77
12-13-2007, 03:10 PM

That's my guess too.

the1tab
12-13-2007, 03:25 PM
With Roberts on Mitchell report he seems less attractive.

I beg to differ. Roberts being in the report might make him more affordable; we can certainly cough something up as good as the 'Strohs gave Baltimore for Miggy, and a 50 SB guy would look really nice w/ the rest of the order.