PDA

View Full Version : Matt Murton

eastchicagosoxfan
12-12-2007, 05:36 PM
He's not a center fielder, but would the Cubs part with him? Would he be a good fit on the South Side?

BeviBall!
12-12-2007, 05:37 PM
He's not a center fielder, but would the Cubs part with him? Would he be a good fit on the South Side?

I would assume he's out of our price range.

Tekijawa
12-12-2007, 05:50 PM

I would hope that we are about 4 letters and 30 numbers away from that plan.

chisoxmike
12-12-2007, 05:51 PM

No.

SoxGirl4Life
12-12-2007, 05:53 PM

Yes, I think the Cubs would part with him.
No, he wouldn't be a good fit for the Sox.

Domeshot17
12-12-2007, 05:54 PM
:puking::puking:

JRIG
12-12-2007, 05:54 PM

Murton's kind of a poor man's Carlos Quentin. A little less power, a little less OBP, a little (lot?) worse defensively.

I don't think there's a real need for him now after that trade was made.

btrain929
12-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Jesus, why does this thread even exist. If you admit he's not a CF'er, what the **** would he do for us, hit the ball off the fundamentals deck in between innings?

Foulke You
12-12-2007, 06:01 PM
Murton's kind of a poor man's Carlos Quentin. A little less power, a little less OBP, a little (lot?) worse defensively.

I don't think there's a real need for him now after that trade was made.
A Cub fan I work with who is pretty knowledgable described Murton as being a butcher in the field but could provide some decent pop and offense. Kind've like a younger version of Kevin Mench. Quentin has far more upside and is a much better defender from what I've read. I'd take a pass on Murton. I think Murton's future is always going to be as a bench player/pinch hitter.

Tekijawa
12-12-2007, 06:16 PM
A Cub fan I work with who is pretty knowledgable = Dosen't exist... Cubs fans don't work and aren't knowledgable

MUsoxfan
12-12-2007, 06:28 PM
Many on this board would be willing to give all the money in the world to Murton. All he would need to do is become a free agent and say he'd like 7yrs/84m. Then people would just have to assume he'd make this team exponentially better just by signing the contract....but just to be safe add another year and $15m more to make sure we're not outbid otherwise it would make a statement that KW and JR are the cheapest people in sports.

AWhiteSoxinNJ
12-12-2007, 06:31 PM
No Thank You.