PDA

View Full Version : Was the guy fired Joe Stephen ?

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 09:37 AM
Our answer to "Watergate"?

"Whitesnake"

The Sox wont release the name of the employee fired , but this guy was the guy playing the music at the games as far as I know.

foulkesfan11
04-18-2002, 09:44 AM
I thought Joe Stpehen was fired a long time ago. What a loser he was!

Soxboyrob
04-18-2002, 09:47 AM
Joe Stephan may have been fired long ago, but according to Ed Farmer recently, Joe is the guy playing all of the music before, during and after the game. He often refers to having to talk to DJ Stephan about a song he's hearing during the game. I'd imagine he was the guy fired in all of this. Wonder why the club is keeping it a secret as to his identity.

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 09:51 AM
I think he was still there. They always seemed to find some sort of job for that guy.

foulkesfan11
04-18-2002, 10:00 AM
I didn't even hear that someone was fired. If he was still here, I hope he's gone now. Maybe he'll go over to Wrigley & become the new sensation there like Harry Carray did. What a joke.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2002, 10:20 AM
They took away Stephen's lame DJ schtick after the 1999 season. Who can forget his "Comiskey Cash" bit in centerfield? From the upper deck, the dollar bills flying inside the bubble weren't even visible without binoculars. I guess Joe forgot that a basketball court is twenty times smaller than a baseball field. What an idiot!

He is still in charge of music, but has remained strictly behind the scenes. Thank God!

I had not heard about anyone getting fired. Where did you hear this?

34 Inch Stick
04-18-2002, 10:21 AM
Wasn't he the fat jag who used to dance on the dugout in between innings. That was an embarassment as a fan. I remember one time he was doing his dance and was on the P.A. system. Somebody threw a beer at him and he swore on air. It was great. That obese putz reminds me of that no talent Harry Tinywick.

Dadawg_77
04-18-2002, 10:23 AM
The Score reported while I was in the shower this morning.

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
They took away Stephen's lame DJ schtick after the 1999 season. Who can forget his "Comiskey Cash" bit in centerfield? From the upper deck, the dollar bills flying inside the bubble weren't even visible without binoculars. I guess Joe forgot that a basketball court is twenty times smaller than a baseball field. What an idiot!?

Lordy, I remember some L-A-M-E bits where "Homer" Stephen tried to get the crowd riled up by picking their favorite song from one of 3 incredibly bland choices. You could almost hear a pin drop during these bits. The Comiskey Cash thing in Centerfield was the low point; thank god they pulled the plug on him.

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 10:33 AM
It's in todays Sun Times-the article is in the new thread post here

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 10:35 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
Wasn't he the fat jag who used to dance on the dugout in between innings. That was an embarassment as a fan. I remember one time he was doing his dance and was on the P.A. system. Somebody threw a beer at him and he swore on air. It was great. That obese putz reminds me of that no talent Harry Tinywick.

That's the guy. We actually taunted him once when he did one of his bits from the bullpen bar.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-18-2002, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
Lordy, I remember some L-A-M-E bits where "Homer" Stephen tried to get the crowd riled up by picking their favorite song from one of 3 incredibly bland choices. You could almost hear a pin drop during these bits. The Comiskey Cash thing in Centerfield was the low point; thank god they pulled the plug on him.

Stephen moonlights as a wedding deejay. Are any of us surprised?

:gallas
"I sure know how to pick 'em!"

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 12:03 PM
Kevin Matthews has the fired guy on the radio............... And it is a guy named JOE.

duke of dorwood
04-18-2002, 12:05 PM
He says they fired him over the phone, and didnt want to hear why he did it. Says he was there 5 years. My guess is it was Stephan.

foulkesfan11
04-18-2002, 12:33 PM
Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye!