PDA

View Full Version : Brian Roberts

nodiggity59
12-12-2007, 02:08 PM
There's reports that the Cubs might get Roberts for Sean Gallagher and a couple of prospects, maybe Guzman and Patterson.

That is a joke. At that price, I say Kenny makes a move. Offer Richar, Anderson, and Broadway.

munchman33
12-12-2007, 02:16 PM
There's reports that the Cubs might get Roberts for Sean Gallagher and a couple of prospects, maybe Guzman and Patterson.

That is a joke. At that price, I say Kenny makes a move. Offer Richar, Anderson, and Broadway.

Hmmm...

Gallagher, Guzman, and Patterson or Richar, Anderson, and Broadway.

Hmmm...

Oh, I get it. The Orioles General Manager lives in some sort of bizarro universe where talent isn't important.

rowand33
12-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Hmmm...

Gallagher, Guzman, and Patterson or Richar, Anderson, and Broadway.

Hmmm...

Oh, I get it. The Orioles General Manager lives in some sort of bizarro universe where talent isn't important.

Since when is Guzman talented?

I bet Richar, Gio, and another position player prospect could do the trick if that offer from the cubs cuold.

Taliesinrk
12-12-2007, 02:23 PM
sorry, but the proposed sox trade/package there is definitely better than that of the cubs. even if, though, there's no way i'd do that if i were the sox. roberts isnt our solution, and im not giving up gio for someone that's not going to have a larger impact -- btw, im a huge brian roberts fan

AJ Hellraiser
12-12-2007, 02:24 PM
In a recent blog entry on chicagosports.com, the writer suggests the Cubs will send a package of Ronny Cedeno, Patterson, Gallagher and Rich Hill or Felix Pie to the Orioles for not only Roberts... but also Bedard...

Basically, the SOX farm system is being exposed this offseason.. the major moves are happening via trade and we just don't have pieces other teams value... if this is true, and the Cubs land those 2 I am gonna cry

DumpJerry
12-12-2007, 02:27 PM

Where's "the reports?"

cws05champ
12-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Well, they are going for broke.....can't blame them since they are going to receive a lot of attention for the 100 year anniversary. If they don't win in the next 2 years with all of the back loaded contracts it will be tough for them in the future if they are going to trade the farm away.

Unfortunately even a two year Cub playoff run would result in the town shifting more towards the Cubs again.

WhiteSox5187
12-12-2007, 02:29 PM
I don't think the Sox are going to get his guy (even though I'd like to have him)...it doesn't matter who we offer, I dont think any GM is goign to take it. Also throw in the fact that MacPhail has the former Cub connection and knows the guys he's goign to be getting in return, it doesn't bode well.

AJ Hellraiser
12-12-2007, 02:29 PM
Well, they are going for broke.....can't blame them since they are going to receive a lot of attention for the 100 year anniversary. If they don't win in the next 2 years with all of the back loaded contracts it will be tough for them in the future if they are going to trade the farm away.

Unfortunately even a two year Cub playoff run would result in the town shifting more towards the Cubs again.

The town shifted back last year when the Cubs made the playoffs and our SOX posted a 72-90 record...

WhiteSox5187
12-12-2007, 02:32 PM
The town shifted back last year when the Cubs made the playoffs and our SOX posted a 72-90 record...
Yep...anytime the Cubs come close to sniffing the playoffs the media goes nuts. We're right back to where we were in '03 in terms of PR.

AJ Hellraiser
12-12-2007, 02:34 PM
Yep...anytime the Cubs come close to sniffing the playoffs the media goes nuts. We're right back to where we were in '03 in terms of PR.

Exactly.

The only way that would change is if the SOX went on a run of playoff success... getting back to the postseason in '06 woulda helped... oh well... I, like most SOX fans, could care less where the bandwagon jumpers are... I'd almost rather they never come over to our side...

soxfan21
12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
Exactly.

The only way that would change is if the SOX went on a run of playoff success... getting back to the postseason in '06 woulda helped... oh well... I, like most SOX fans, could care less where the bandwagon jumpers are... I'd almost rather they never come over to our side...
I totally agree with you on this one.

mcp5185
12-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Would a package of Danks/Gio/Richar/Owens/1-2 low levels prospects be enough for Roberts and Bedard? If that trade works out we could sign Patterson for CF, or trade for Crisp.

2B Roberts
SS Cabrera
DH Thome
1B Konerko
RF Dye
3B Fields
C Pierzynski
LF Quentin
CF Patterson/Crisp

1. Buehrle
2. Vazquez
3. Bedard
4. Contreras
5. Floyd/Broadway/Egbert?

WhiteSox5187
12-12-2007, 02:45 PM
Would a package of Danks/Gio/Richar/Owens/1-2 low levels prospects be enough for Roberts and Bedard? If that trade works out we could sign Patterson for CF, or trade for Crisp.

2B Roberts
SS Cabrera
DH Thome
1B Konerko
RF Dye
3B Fields
C Pierzynski
LF Quentin
CF Patterson/Crisp

1. Buehrle
2. Vazquez
3. Bedard
4. Contreras
I like the line up (though I'd rather see Jerry Owens hitting ninth and in CF than either of those two) and the rotation, but it's just not going to happen.

PorkChopExpress
12-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Would a package of Danks/Gio/Richar/Owens/1-2 low levels prospects be enough for Roberts and Bedard?

Throw in Uribe and cash since they need a SS now.

oeo
12-12-2007, 02:53 PM

That's a Phil Rogers 'rumor.' The guy's a moron...

champagne030
12-12-2007, 02:56 PM
In a recent blog entry on chicagosports.com, the writer suggests the Cubs will send a package of Ronny Cedeno, Patterson, Gallagher and Rich Hill or Felix Pie to the Orioles for not only Roberts... but also Bedard...

Basically, the SOX farm system is being exposed this offseason.. the major moves are happening via trade and we just don't have pieces other teams value... if this is true, and the Cubs land those 2 I am gonna cry

The Orioles reportedly want 4 major league ready players for Bedard. Cedeno is a never was and Patterson, Gallagher and Hill/Pie isn't enough to land him (or we should get in the bidding because Richar, Sweeney, Fields and Egbert is a better offer), let alone Roberts and Bedard.

Gammons Peter
12-12-2007, 02:57 PM

too bad Richar, Broadway and Anderson wont buy you a cup of coffee

Gammons Peter
12-12-2007, 03:00 PM
The Orioles reportedly want 4 major league ready players for Bedard. Cedeno is a never was and Patterson, Gallagher and Hill/Pie isn't enough to land him (or we should get in the bidding because Richar, Sweeney, Fields and Egbert is a better offer), let alone Roberts and Bedard.

hmmm you think Richar, Sweeney, Fields and Egbert = 4 major league players??

funny

asindc
12-12-2007, 03:02 PM

2B Roberts
SS Cabrera
DH Thome
1B Konerko
RF Dye
3B Fields
C Pierzynski
LF Quentin
CF Patterson/Crisp

1. Buehrle
2. Vazquez
3. Bedard
4. Contreras

It would be sweet if it happened, though I can't see the plausibility of it. BTW, Bedard would be our #2 starter in that lineup.

champagne030
12-12-2007, 03:03 PM
hmmm you think Richar, Sweeney, Fields and Egbert = 4 major league players??

funny

No, but that's why I think the report is bull**** because 'my' offer is better than the "rumor" created by the Cubune.

munchman33
12-12-2007, 03:05 PM
sorry, but the proposed sox trade/package there is definitely better than that of the cubs. even if, though, there's no way i'd do that if i were the sox. roberts isnt our solution, and im not giving up gio for someone that's not going to have a larger impact -- btw, im a huge brian roberts fan

Is it? Is that why our guys keep getting rumored to be targeted by other teams in deals?

Oh wait. None of our prospects have been targeted in deals. Whenever the sox are involved, it's always "and the White Sox have shown interest." That's because nobody wants our guys. We have to force them down another teams throat by the bundle just to be considered, in a quantity over quality kind of situation.

Let's put it this way. Felix Pie has more trade value than that entire Sox package. He's a guy that teams ask about. He's a guy that packages are being centered around. Not Lance ****ing Broadway.

TomBradley72
12-12-2007, 03:07 PM
Exactly.

You can't draw 3 million in attendance with out the casual fans/bandwagon jumpers...you need the casual fans to generate the revenue you need to compete.

A necessary evil.

Gammons Peter
12-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Is it? Is that why our guys keep getting rumored to be targeted by other teams in deals?

Oh wait. None of our prospects have been targeted in deals. Whenever the sox are involved, it's always "and the White Sox have shown interest." That's because nobody wants our guys. We have to force them down another teams throat by the bundle just to be considered, in a quantity over quality kind of situation.

Let's put it this way. Felix Pie has more trade value than that entire Sox package. He's a guy that teams ask about. He's a guy that packages are being centered around. Not Lance ****ing Broadway.

thankyou

mcp5185
12-12-2007, 03:14 PM
It would be sweet if it happened, though I can't see the plausibility of it. BTW, Bedard would be our #2 starter in that lineup.

I know Bedard is better than Vazquez but usually managers don't like two LHP back-to-back in the rotation. That's the only reason I put Bedard at #3.

Pasqua's Mailman
12-12-2007, 03:19 PM
Some of this is coming coming from Mike Murphy who went on and on this afternoon how the Cubs should/would get both Roberts and Bedard...

Sargeant79
12-12-2007, 03:30 PM
Some of this is coming from ignorant, loudmouth, douche bag Mike Murphy who went on and on this afternoon how the Cubs should/would get both Roberts and Bedard...

Fixed it.

PalehosePlanet
12-12-2007, 03:30 PM

Josh Fields is worth 12 Felix Pie's; every GM in the league knows that. Major sarcasm alert here: I'm glad that you know what other GM's are thinking.

munchman33
12-12-2007, 03:35 PM
Josh Fields is worth 12 Felix Pie's; every GM in the league knows that. Major sarcasm alert here: I'm glad that you know what other GM's are thinking.

I was reacting to the Richar - Anderson - Broadway post and those that think if you put three pieces of crap on a platter it ain't a **** plate.

PalehosePlanet
12-12-2007, 03:40 PM
I was reacting to the Richar - Anderson - Broadway post and those that think if you put three pieces of crap on a platter it ain't a **** plate.

I agree that Richar/Anderson/Broadway is a bull**** package. You did, however, state that no one wants any of our young players; which is wrong.

chaerulez
12-12-2007, 03:46 PM
I heard Sean Marshall is the one that goes for Roberts. If that's the case, Hendry follows a good move with a bad one. Marshall had a solid 3.92 ERA last year and is probably better than Jason Marquis. Unless Hendry has an idea on who will replace Marshall as a #4 starter, I don't see the point of the trade when you already have Mark DeRosa.

munchman33
12-12-2007, 03:54 PM
I agree that Richar/Anderson/Broadway is a bull**** package. You did, however, state that no one wants any of our young players; which is wrong.

I said prospects, not young players. Fields isn't a prospect anymore. He's a good young hitter who's proven he can hit.

Doesn't matter anyways, we're not trading him.

broker3d
12-12-2007, 04:14 PM
As I have been saying for a month Fields, Danks, Richar and one of Egbert/Broadway/Gio/Floyd is a strong start in an effort to land Bedard and Roberts. All 4 of those are very MLB ready. And the Cubs offer no one with the potential of Fields. Add a few mid level prospects and we should be close. Get it done Kenny. this does what Kenny needs, it adds speed, defense and pitching.

rotation:

Bedard
Vazquez
Buehrle
Contreras
Floyd/Gio/Egbert/Broadway

Lineup:

Roberts
Cabrera
Dye ( I HATE the idea of Thome at 3)
Thome
Konerko
Crede
AJ
Crisp (trade)
Owens/Ozuna (left field platoon that should net a minimum of 50 steals out of the 9 spot.)

HawkDJ
12-13-2007, 03:02 PM
He's on the roids. Buy Low.

SoxNation05
12-13-2007, 06:09 PM
Gio,Fields,Sweeney/Richar,and Russell/Anderson

I know that its a lot but it's Eric Bedard and Roberts.

A year ago the Sox got offered Bedard and a minor leaguer for Garland. I don't think we would have been 72-90 if we did that trade.

Jimmy Piersall
12-13-2007, 06:13 PM

A year ago the Sox got offered Bedard and a minor leaguer for Garland. I don't think we would have been 72-90 if we did that trade.

Agree with you.Getting Bedard and Roberts would be huge.Leadoff guy
and front of the rotation guy would take the sting out of what has
happened so far and it's possible Orioles would be interested.Make
the call Kenny.

spawn
12-13-2007, 06:24 PM
Eric Bedard would've made the difference? I must've missed the games he pitched out of the bullpen for the Orioles on days he didn't start. We lossed a lot of those games because our bullpen couldn't hold a lead, or gave up the lead on too many occasions. Bedard would not have made that big of a difference. I'm all for getting him if there is a chance, but to say we wouldn't have finished where we did if he was pitching on the southside is ridiculous.

Sargeant79
12-13-2007, 07:01 PM

That deal was never on the table. The Sox had, in the past, discussed Miguel Tejada with the O's, and every time the O's wanted Garland in exchange. The Sox asked for Bedard if they wanted Garland and the O's said no every time. That is why Kenny turned to Houston's offer, which ultimately didn't get done because Houston wouldn't add Hunter Pence to it's package. The result: Garland pitched on the south side in 2007. If the O's would have agreed to give up Bedard, the deal would have been done.

The Thomenator
12-13-2007, 07:49 PM

To me, this is so damn obvious. Why hasn't there been a whisper about it? Please refrain from the "Look at our farm system" answers. This package is enough to get us back in contention in the division.

D. TODD
12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
He's on the roids. Buy Low. Well, according to Bigbie. That is the only evidence against him,in the report. That Bigbie said that he mentioned to him in a casual conversation that he tried it twice. I would have NO Problem getting him for the Sox.