PDA

View Full Version : Sox Defense

Moses_Scurry
04-18-2002, 07:47 AM
What do you guys think of the Defense so far? I have been very impressed! Jose made some good plays yesterday and I have yet to see him boot a ball. Royce, Ray Ray, and Kenny have been fabulous. Even C Lee has looked good! Wasn't bad D and starting pitching supposed to be the reason the Sox would not win the division?? They've both looked good to me so far.

Soxboyrob
04-18-2002, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
What do you guys think of the Defense so far? I have been very impressed!

Absolutely great. The only hole I've really seen has been the throws our pitchers make to first or second base on bunts or DP attempts, and some pretty wild throws by the catcher. Jose has been borderline excellent at third base. One of his errors was really just a blown call by the first base ump who didn't see Konerko's obvious tag on the runner. Royce has been as good at SS as I've ever seen him (and he's become a run producer, too). Putting Durham in the 2-hole seems like it's the smartest thing this team ever did. It's all good....for now.

bc2k
04-20-2002, 12:56 AM
I felt the same way about the team D until the Tigers game April 19. Durham missed two double plays. Both times he couldn't get the ball out of his glove because he was scared of the runner. Yeah this is a guy I want around next year. Please don't tender him a contract Kenny.

OfficerKarkovice
04-20-2002, 01:02 AM
As much as nobody likes to give credit to Royce, and I haven't actually been able to see a whole lot of games on TV this year due to being in St. Paul, but it seems that Royce has been playing much more aggresive on D and getting to more balls and still making nice plays than he did last year. Very good to see.

baggio202
04-20-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
As much as nobody likes to give credit to Royce, and I haven't actually been able to see a whole lot of games on TV this year due to being in St. Paul, but it seems that Royce has been playing much more aggresive on D and getting to more balls and still making nice plays than he did last year. Very good to see.

i was thinking the same thing about choice....he looks better at the plate and in the field..seems like his range has improved a little..still has a weak ass arm though