PDA

View Full Version : Which trade would you want out of these 2 choices

Rockabilly
12-12-2007, 10:31 AM
A host here in LA on sports radio was talking about getting Konerko and Crede to come to either of the southern cal teams. So he came up what these trade thoughts

PK and Crede to the Angels for Willits, Kotchman, Kendrick and Santana

PK and Crede to the Dodgers for Loney, Kemp, Proctor and Hu

btrain929
12-12-2007, 10:34 AM
Neither LA team would do those trades, but I guess I'd take the 1st one cuz I love Willits and Kendrick. The 2nd trade might have been better before we acquired Cabrera. Right now there's no use for Hu unless we have him battle it out for 2nd base with Richar. Either way, no way one of these blockbusters will even be discussed.

russ99
12-12-2007, 10:37 AM
Neither LA team would do those trades, but I guess I'd take the 1st one cuz I love Willits and Kendrick. The 2nd trade might have been better before we acquired Cabrera. Right now there's no use for Hu unless we have him battle it out for 2nd base with Richar. Either way, no way one of these blockbusters will even be discussed.

If Konerko came out and hit great off the bat and Crede shows himself to be healthy and productive, then maybe we can make those deals in late May.

As of now, no takers, though if I were GM I'd try and spin Crede, Owens, a top prospect (Broadway or Gio) and a sweetener for Willits and Figgins.
Sure we'd give up one of our stud prospects, but it would fill both major weak spots in the lineup and the field (2B & CF).

CHIsoxNation
12-12-2007, 10:38 AM
I'd choose the first but I like them both.

soxfan21
12-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I'd probably take the first trade as well.

oeo
12-12-2007, 10:39 AM
I'd take the second. A lot more potential in that group, IMO.

Either one I would take in a heartbeat, though. They improve the team for next year, and the future.

EDIT: I'm going to change my mind, and go for the first. Again, either one would be a steal for us, though.

jsg-07
12-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Definately the first... and i'd do it in a heartbeat

103 screwball
12-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I'd do either in a heartbeat and even throw in cash to pay Konerko. I don't think the L.A. teams would do this either. I'm really impressed with Kendrick, but I'd go with the Dodger trade.

chaerulez
12-12-2007, 11:37 AM
Neither trade is remotely realistic. Those are the packages that would get you Johan Santana.

Taliesinrk
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM

Jimmy Piersall
12-12-2007, 11:44 AM
A host here in LA on sports radio was talking about getting Konerko and Crede to come to either of the southern cal teams. So he came up what these trade thoughts

PK and Crede to the Angels for Willits, Kotchman, Kendrick and Santana

PK and Crede to the Dodgers for Loney, Kemp, Proctor and Hu

Rockabilly--i live out in SoCal as well,so which radio goof came up with these scenarios ? neither Dodgers or Angels would do those trades...

kjhanson
12-12-2007, 12:11 PM
You could probably drop any one player out of either of those scenarios, and I'd still make the trade without hesitation.

Over By There
12-12-2007, 12:38 PM
I'd probably do the first one, although both would be so good for the Sox I can't see them happening.

munchman33
12-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Sign me up.

fquaye149
12-12-2007, 12:59 PM
Either one of those trades would make me quite a bit more optimistic about 2008.

However, neither of those trades are remotely feasible, so:whiner:

jsg-07
12-12-2007, 01:53 PM
Have you guys seen what Baltimore just got for Tejada??

While I still don't think that makes PK and Crede worth the packages noted in this thread, I think we can get a ton for them (PK at least now, who knows about Crede and his back though).

I would love to see us get a couple of good major league ready young guys with some speed so we can be competitive now with guys like Thome and Dye to still drive them in (maybe rowand too) and remain competitive later when Detroit starts aging.

Sounds like a no brainer i know, but this is the type of stuff that gives me hope still for this year. Not everything is about top dollar free agents.

chisox77
12-12-2007, 02:09 PM
I'd take the first deal. That said, as with other posts in this thread, these are longshots are best.

mcp5185
12-12-2007, 02:25 PM
As everyone else has already said both trades would be steals. We would probably have to throw in some prospects to make them work. If you took out Kendrick from the Angels deal, it would mae it much more realistic.

PalehosePlanet
12-12-2007, 03:13 PM
I'd love the Dodgers trade; as for the Angels, despite the fact that I like Kendrick, I wouldn't be thrilled, but I wouldn't dislike it either.

chaerulez
12-12-2007, 03:49 PM
Have you guys seen what Baltimore just got for Tejada??

While I still don't think that makes PK and Crede worth the packages noted in this thread, I think we can get a ton for them (PK at least now, who knows about Crede and his back though).

I would love to see us get a couple of good major league ready young guys with some speed so we can be competitive now with guys like Thome and Dye to still drive them in (maybe rowand too) and remain competitive later when Detroit starts aging.

Sounds like a no brainer i know, but this is the type of stuff that gives me hope still for this year. Not everything is about top dollar free agents.

While the Astros gave up too much for a player on the decline (although being in the NL and playing in Minute Maid might spike his numbers) none were as highly regarded as Loney, Kemp or Hu. Or as good as Kotchman or Kendrick. I think trading PK could get maybe one of those five in a trade.

PalehosePlanet
12-12-2007, 04:00 PM
While the Astros gave up too much for a player on the decline (although being in the NL and playing in Minute Maid might spike his numbers) none were as highly regarded as Loney, Kemp or Hu. Or as good as Kotchman or Kendrick. I think trading PK could get maybe one of those five in a trade.

One of those four you mean. If Kotchman wasn't more or less a failure the Angels wouldn't be constantly looking for a first baseman. I wouldn't take 3 of him for Konerko. As far as Loney, Kemp, Hu or Kendrick: You could get one plus a much lesser prospect for PK in any scenario.

Nice to see that LA radio doesn't undervalue PK like all the bashers on this site.

gregory18n
12-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Ide trade with the Angels

PicktoCLick72
12-12-2007, 05:05 PM
What about these 2?

Ozuna, Logan, and Sweenwy to the Mets for Beltran

or

Richar, Owens, and Floyd to the Blue Jays for Wells and Haladay

I think we might be giving up to much in each.

russ99
12-12-2007, 05:20 PM
One of those four you mean. If Kotchman wasn't more or less a failure the Angels wouldn't be constantly looking for a first baseman. I wouldn't take 3 of him for Konerko. As far as Loney, Kemp, Hu or Kendrick: You could get one plus a much lesser prospect for PK in any scenario.

Nice to see that LA radio doesn't undervalue PK like all the bashers on this site.

I think he meant that not many of the 5 assets the Orioles acquired for Tejada were world-beaters. They got some nice players, but really only Patton has a shot to turn into a star.

AWhiteSoxinNJ
12-12-2007, 06:30 PM
I'm not in favor of trading PK.

thomas35forever
12-12-2007, 06:35 PM
I like the first one. I'm confident Santana will turn it around this year and Kotchman and Willits are two guys I'd love to have on the Sox. But I'm with everyone else. It's highly doubtful either trade will happen.

palehosepub
12-12-2007, 06:47 PM
Obviously unrealistic. But as much as I love the Angels trade Loney alone will be better than PK in 2010 on giving us cheap years at first. We also get Kemp, Procter and Hu. Ridiculous.

JB98
12-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I'm not in favor of trading PK.

I'd only trade PK if we got a solid No. 2 starter coming back. I'm not happy with the rotation as a result of the Garland deal.

I hate Willits, and I'm not real fond of Ervin Santana. So I guess I would have to take deal No. 2 of the proposed scenarios, although neither is realistic.

SoxNation05
12-12-2007, 07:24 PM
KW think Danks and Floyd are solid. If so then trade Contreras for prospects. If we can sign Fukodome(we offered 11 mil) Hunter(we offered 16 mil) and Rowand(11 mil). I think we can afford Hiroki Kuroda for 12 million and 3-4 years.

Buerhle
Vazques
Kuroda
Danks
Floyd

Not bad at all.

doctor30th
12-12-2007, 07:50 PM
How about Crede to angels straight up for Chone figgins.

It would get them a stop gap for a year at 3rd base until Brandon Wood is ready, and Crede could teach him a thing or 2 about 3rd base since Wood was originally a Shortstop.

Konerko to AZ for the previously rumored Connor Jackson, Tony Pena, Micah Owings. With the Recent Tejada trade, have them throw in a CF Prospect or 2.

Never hurts to ask another GM. Look what can happen.

SoxNation05
12-12-2007, 07:58 PM
Like the idea but the Angels love Figgins. When the Cubs inquired about getting Figgins an Angels executive said they could ask for as much as Aramis Rameriez. I do not see them doing that trade. With the AZ trade. Drop Conor Jackson and a prospect and get Orland Hudson. I wouldn't mind getting Eric Byrnes but that is not going to happen.

doctor30th
12-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Like the idea but the Angels love Figgins. When the Cubs inquired about getting Figgins an Angels executive said they could ask for as much as Aramis Rameriez. I do not see them doing that trade. With the AZ trade. Drop Conor Jackson and a prospect and get Orland Hudson. I wouldn't mind getting Eric Byrnes but that is not going to happen.

I thought I read that the angels wanted more pop and better defense at 3rd. Also if they picked up that 3rd baseman they were expected to trade Figgins. Give them Crede and Something else (anyone have any ideas), Crede is a better player than Aramis. I imagine that a trade like this wouldn't go down until closer to spring training.

Conor Jackson any day over Hudson. I feel Jackson is going to be like a Mike Sweeney type player. Lots of Doubles and about 20-25 HRs. He also wouldn't be a free agent until 2012.

You could use one of the pitchers you get from AZ to help get figgins. If you could get figgins he could play 2nd. Plus if you could get Rich Thompson from AZ for Konerko as the outfield prospect that would be great. He's 28 now, but he's still got alot of speed (stole over 40 bases a year from 01 to 05), and can play CF(great OF arm, including 11 assists in 07). I'm still suprised he hasn't had a chance in the Majors.