PDA

View Full Version : Positive Sox MOjo

pmck003
12-12-2007, 04:18 AM
If Danks and Floyd pitch like KW thinks they can, we will have nasty sp. Contreras could be the fifth starter. Mark B and JV could improve from last year, remembering that MB will age well and JV has already been a late bloomer. Mark B and JV rhyme, making for an awesome 1-2 rhyming combo.

The bullpen has gotten better. I think Quetin (spelling) was a great trade, and am liking the Cabrera one more and more as I think about it. When Cabreara produces out of the 2 slot, its a huge upgrade over Uribe starting everyday. And I bet Uribe is a great bench player, needing that motivation.

Is it such a bad thing to have some question marks? Maybe it will bring the most out of our leaders; and having seen this last WS, I think its a good thing to have a few rookies/2nd year players on the team.

The Sox might sign Rowand
Please add positive thoughts only so we can get some mojo going. :bandance:

russ99
12-12-2007, 09:30 AM
Ask yourself, why did the Sox go on that bad slide last season? I think it was bad relief pitching, horrid defense and hitting slumps.

Kenny's shored up the first two with Linebrink and Cabrera. Plus, Quentin in LF would be a vast improvement over Pods defense the last few years.

So our GM has actually gone out and acquired players to fixed some glaring holes!

More to come...

SoxGirl4Life
12-12-2007, 09:37 AM
I'm not a Kenny-basher..

but I can't do this sunshine and roses thing either-:dunno:

voodoochile
12-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Ask yourself, why did the Sox go on that bad slide last season? I think it was bad relief pitching, horrid defense and hitting slumps.

Kenny's shored up the first two with Linebrink and Cabrera. Plus, Quentin in LF would be a vast improvement over Pods defense the last few years.

So our GM has actually gone out and acquired players to fixed some glaring holes!

More to come...

Add in the injuries in the first half - some undiagnosed or undisclosed until later like JD's knee problem and it's not hard to imagine a nice bounce back year by the core of the team.

I truly believe KW will sign or trade for more players too. Now that the major deals have settled, he's free to fill the holes he needs to with solid players who will fit in the budget or by trading if he can.

spiffie
12-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Kosher dogs are tasty.

A cherry Icee on a hot summer day is wonderful.

USCF looks beautiful in the sunshine.

The Sox have the coolest intro sequence in baseball.

The pizza race is always entertaining.

I actually like the Chevy Pride Crew, and am hoping to catch more t-shirts this coming year.

chisox77
12-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Everything posted here is a valid point. I'll be positive about the White Sox, too. The games have yet to be played, and there are always surprises.

103 screwball
12-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Many of the kids showed some talent and had a chance to get some playing time last season. Fields, Richar, and Owens will be improved, and Fields may even carry the team at times. Danks and Floyd will be more experienced and highly motivated and the bullpen will not be as bad as last year. Cabrera will be huge help to the offense hitting 2nd and his leadership will be different and hopefully more effective than Konerko's. The Sox have the Hunter money to spend, and I predict that the Sox will sign Rowand right before Soxfest. Rowand will not be great and put up the numbers to justify his contract, but he will spark the rest of the team making them looser and setting a hard work example. KW will pull of at least one more deal using Crede, Uribe, or some of the ineffective bullpen arms from last year. It won't be much, but it will be a role player that will improve the team. The Sox sucked so bad last year and nobody will predict them to beat the Tigers or Indians. There will be no pressure because of the low expectations and they will loosen up and play some good ball. Winning will further improve the chemistry. The Sox will make the wildcard and could get hot in October. I don't think any of these things are pipe dreams. These things could happen just as well as the doomsday Fukodome/Hunter/Cabrera the sky is falling predictions. This team is only a few years away from a World Series victory. I refuse to give up in December. Go Sox! I can smell the grilled onions and picture the green grass as I shuffle into the park with an enthusiastic crowd into every pitch. How many days until pitchers and catchers report?

minutia
12-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Many of the kids showed some talent and had a chance to get some playing time last season. Fields, Richar, and Owens will be improved, and Fields may even carry the team at times. Danks and Floyd will be more experienced and highly motivated and the bullpen will not be as bad as last year. Cabrera will be huge help to the offense hitting 2nd and his leadership will be different and hopefully more effective than Konerko's. The Sox have the Hunter money to spend, and I predict that the Sox will sign Rowand right before Soxfest. Rowand will not be great and put up the numbers to justify his contract, but he will spark the rest of the team making them looser and setting a hard work example. KW will pull of at least one more deal using Crede, Uribe, or some of the ineffective bullpen arms from last year. It won't be much, but it will be a role player that will improve the team. The Sox sucked so bad last year and nobody will predict them to beat the Tigers or Indians. There will be no pressure because of the low expectations and they will loosen up and play some good ball. Winning will further improve the chemistry. The Sox will make the wildcard and could get hot in October. I don't think any of these things are pipe dreams. These things could happen just as well as the doomsday Fukodome/Hunter/Cabrera the sky is falling predictions. This team is only a few years away from a World Series victory. I refuse to give up in December. Go Sox! I can smell the grilled onions and picture the green grass as I shuffle into the park with an enthusiastic crowd into every pitch. How many days until pitchers and catchers report?
Great post. I refuse to give up either. No one expected anything out of them in 2005. If Boston can win 2 so can the White Sox. As for pitchers and catchers reporting, I am not certain of that date but it is but there are 117 days until the home opener.

RowanDye
12-12-2007, 11:13 AM

http://www.kezber.com/uploads/homer.jpg aghhh.....grilled onions.

Only about 63 days until pitchers and catchers report.

Personal mojo note: I'm moving closer to Chi, so I should be able to make it to more games this year !! :supernana:

Zisk77
12-12-2007, 11:17 AM
We will be better than last year....how much is anybodies' guess.

Ya know I used to come to this board in part to escape the Weber can't recruit, fire Weber, our players suck, everyone hates Illinois crowd on inside illini. Now, i swear larue et. al. has infilitrated this board and is calling themselves Getonbeckr et. al. :angry: Fire, kenny, Fire Ozzie, blow this team up, move to North Dakota....

Serenity now!:redneck

skottyj242
12-12-2007, 11:19 AM
The Budweisers will be cold and we have Toby Hall.

munchman33
12-12-2007, 12:41 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

Javy and Mark keep pace and don't regress. Contreras becomes the pitcher he was for half a year in '05 for the full year this year. Gavin and Danks both keep their earned run average in the fours, winning double digit games each.

Fields plays off the bench, spelling 1B, 3B, and LF, hitting 30 bombs, while Crede comes back to play gg defense and 30 bombs of his own. Cabrera works wonderfully in the leadoff spot, with a .380 OBP and 40 steals. Richar breaks out for a Brian Roberts type season. Uribe adjust to a bench role nicely, and can even play some CF now. Carlos Quentin easily wins ROY, going .307/27/97 with a .450 OBP. Konerko, Dye, and Thome all hit 40 bombs. We sign Rowand, and he puts up a great season in a non-contract year for the first time ever. AJ hits over .300 for the first time as a White Sox.

The bullpen is the best in the league. Jenks records 60 saves and Linebrink leads the league in holds. Aardsma and McDougal get it together and have the best seasons of their careers, each having over 100 strikeouts in relief. Logan and Wasserman each put up good seasons.

We still probably come in third.

redsand22
12-12-2007, 12:58 PM
Kosher dogs are tasty.

A cherry Icee on a hot summer day is wonderful.

USCF looks beautiful in the sunshine.

The Sox have the coolest intro sequence in baseball.

The pizza race is always entertaining.

I actually like the Chevy Pride Crew, and am hoping to catch more t-shirts this coming year.
churro, don't forget the churro

pdimas
12-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I also would not be surprised if some big names out of the AL Central come out in the Mitchell report.... suspensions may make some of those lineups less formidable for a stretch or two.

voodoochile
12-12-2007, 01:50 PM
I also would not be surprised if some big names out of the AL Central come out in the Mitchell report.... suspensions may make some of those lineups less formidable for a stretch or two.

Yeah, it would really suck if Maggs, IRod and Sheff all got long rips...

Taliesinrk
12-12-2007, 02:00 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

Javy and Mark keep pace and don't regress. Contreras becomes the pitcher he was for half a year in '05 for the full year this year. Gavin and Danks both keep their earned run average in the fours, winning double digit games each.

Fields plays off the bench, spelling 1B, 3B, and LF, hitting 30 bombs, while Crede comes back to play gg defense and 30 bombs of his own. Cabrera works wonderfully in the leadoff spot, with a .380 OBP and 40 steals. Richar breaks out for a Brian Roberts type season. Uribe adjust to a bench role nicely, and can even play some CF now. Carlos Quentin easily wins ROY, going .307/27/97 with a .450 OBP. Konerko, Dye, and Thome all hit 40 bombs. We sign Rowand, and he puts up a great season in a non-contract year for the first time ever. AJ hits over .300 for the first time as a White Sox.

The bullpen is the best in the league. Jenks records 60 saves and Linebrink leads the league in holds. Aardsma and McDougal get it together and have the best seasons of their careers, each having over 100 strikeouts in relief. Logan and Wasserman each put up good seasons.

Wow.. haha - I can't think of any other response

EDIT: POTW?

asindc
12-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

With a season like that, the Sox win 97-102 games, which would qualify them for at the very least the wild card. I say this because with that # of wins, the Sox will have taken several pounds of flesh out of both Det and Cle. At any rate, I don't see how the Sox finish worse than that if they perform as you "project."

munchman33
12-12-2007, 02:14 PM
With a season like that, the Sox win 97-102 games, which would qualify them for at the very least the wild card. I say this because with that # of wins, the Sox will have taken several pounds of flesh out of both Det and Cle. At any rate, I don't see how the Sox finish worse than that if they perform as you "project."

I was trying to be funny. :tongue:

Of course if all that happens we'll be fine.

asindc
12-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I was trying to be funny. :tongue:

Of course if all that happens we'll be fine.

Ok, my bad. Teal up when necessary!

WhiteSox5187
12-12-2007, 03:45 PM
Here's what's keeping me positive: the season doesn't start tommorrow.

Frontman
12-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Here's what's keeping me positive: the season doesn't start tommorrow.

Agreed.

Now if the Free Agent signings can start, we'll be all set.

btrain929
12-12-2007, 06:17 PM
Okay, I'll bite.

Why would you take the time to write a highly enthusiastic post like that, and then waste it by ending it with that garbage?

Edit: You were trying to be funny. 10-4 :cool:

petekat
12-14-2007, 11:23 PM
sure i'll drink the kool aid. Sox are one of the few recent championship teams not to be tained by the Mitchell report. The Sox partially filled 3 of the 4 holes, and might still pick up a serviceable veteran as the #5 backup. Too many distracted by the near misses---em, the Sox didnt need another RF (where Fuku wanted to play), didnt need a 3b/immobile LF (Cabrera), didnt really need to pick up Torri or Aaron at the prices and terms ( do you really want either player into their deep 30s). Plus I think foulkes are missing the pt about 4 and 5- Danks or Floyd have to come through now both- I think Gio and Broadway or even the Incredible Edible Eggbert willl contribute. CF- Owens was serviceable, at this pt, might as well tap out Sweeney or BA to see if they have anything to contribute. Oh one more, look at the Cubs in 09-11, on the tailend of bloated contracts for Fuku, Soriano, Lilly, etc. In hindsight, this is so easy!!!!!!!!!!:gulp: