PDA

View Full Version : Is Kenny calling free agents collect?

the1tab
12-12-2007, 12:43 AM
Anyone else have a theory of why every player is going somewhere else? The only things I can come up w/ is KW broke wind in the elevator with Boras or he double dipped a frito at a table w/ Peter Gammons...

I'm kinda frustrated. Anyone else have a mildly satirical reason for our ineptitude w/ the market this year?

AJ Hellraiser
12-12-2007, 01:13 AM
I understand the frustration, but lets pick and choose when we are in KW hate mode.... Was Fukudome really high on your list? I mean he's never stepped foot on a ML field and he's getting $12 mill per? Come on.... There's a good chance he will turn out to be a bust or an irrelevant ballplayer...

I've been angry with KW before, but not about this...

WhiteSox5187
12-12-2007, 01:48 AM
I understand the frustration, but lets pick and choose when we are in KW hate mode.... Was Fukudome really high on your list? I mean he's never stepped foot on a ML field and he's getting $12 mill per? Come on.... There's a good chance he will turn out to be a bust or an irrelevant ballplayer...

I've been angry with KW before, but not about this...
And you say this based upon the countless other Japanese players with high averages, OBP and power numbers who have come over here and failed? :?:

Here's the problem with our off season so far: we've improved upon one position while weakening ourselves at another position...I'm also upset that we seem more worried about not "overpaying" guys then trying to fix the holes on this team...but there is still a lot of time left, so hopefully Kenny will get us a good CF, find a good leadoff guy for LF, move Uribe and Jose and then we head into ST.

Taliesinrk
12-12-2007, 01:50 AM
And you say this based upon the countless other Japanese players with high averages, OBP and power numbers who have come over here and failed? :?:

Here's the problem with our off season so far: we've improved upon one position while weakening ourselves at another position...I'm also upset that we seem more worried about not "overpaying" guys then trying to fix the holes on this team...but there is still a lot of time left, so hopefully Kenny will get us a good CF, find a good leadoff guy for LF, move Uribe and Jose and then we head into ST.

2008 opening day roster will include Jose.. you can book it

Domeshot17
12-12-2007, 02:10 AM
Kenny is just really stubborn. I think next year he will finally just have enough and see its a different market then 2003-2004 and 2004-2005. We knew this year should show if the market was in a bubble and burst, or if moved up a tier. Kenny bet the farm it would burst, and he so far hes losing that bet.

CLR01
12-12-2007, 02:20 AM
The Sox won a WS in '05, this team is set.

DumpJerry
12-12-2007, 08:01 AM
You can insert the name of the GM of about 25 MLB teams where Kenny's name appears in this thread and the other Kenny hate threads.

A couple of teams make ridiculous deals/trades and now the sky is falling? *****.

If Fukudome had signed with someone other than the hated Cubs, we would not have cared much. Fukudome may prove the truth behind the saying "be careful what you ask for, you might get it."

Jjav829
12-12-2007, 08:10 AM
Anyone else have a theory of why every player is going somewhere else? The only things I can come up w/ is KW broke wind in the elevator with Boras or he double dipped a frito at a table w/ Peter Gammons...

I'm kinda frustrated. Anyone else have a mildly satirical reason for our ineptitude w/ the market this year?

Just a crazy theory, but probably because other teams are offering more money to free agents and are in a better position to win. And because other teams have more pieces to offer in a trade.

Garland_IS_God
12-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Kenny is really droppin the ball this season. Im a KW supporter the last few years, but this season is a different story. Too much talent out there on the market that got past him. I dont have high expectations for the Sox this season, but if he doesnt make any moves in '09...KW should be replaced. Theres no reason we should have this many holes after winning the championship 3 seasons ago.