PDA

View Full Version : TYIB Awards

JermaineDye05
12-10-2007, 12:26 PM
Beckett wins starting pitcher of the year getting 35.5% of the votes. Jake Peavy only getting 19.4% of the votes. Considering this is a fan voted award I'm guessing the Boston fans went ape-**** in voting for Beckett, him being in the post season probably gave him an edge too but seriously how can you not win when you lead in ERA, SO's, and WHIP. The rest of the awards to be released in the next 2 weeks.

chisoxmike
12-10-2007, 12:35 PM
These awards mean nothing.

manders_01
12-11-2007, 10:40 PM
BBJ (aka Big Bobby Jenks) came in a not sooo far behind second to crazy danc-y man (26% to 38.1%) for closer of the year.

pierzynski07
12-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Beckett wins starting pitcher of the year getting 35.5% of the votes. Jake Peavy only getting 19.4% of the votes. Considering this is a fan voted award I'm guessing the Boston fans went ape-**** in voting for Beckett, him being in the post season probably gave him an edge too but seriously how can you not win when you lead in ERA, SO's, and WHIP. The rest of the awards to be released in the next 2 weeks.
Are you seriously suggesting that the award should go to a pitcher in the Natinoal League?

I guess when you're full of Boston-hate, you lose all common sense.