PDA

View Full Version : Bradley Signs with Rangers

Rockabilly
12-09-2007, 10:20 AM
According to MLB.com

With them signing Milton what teams are left competing aganist us for Rowand besides the Phillies

soltrain21
12-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Maybe the Padres.

Rockabilly
12-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Maybe the Padres.

Padres are going after Fukudome and if they don't sign him the rumor is that they will re-sign Cameron

Brian26
12-09-2007, 10:51 AM
With them signing Milton what teams are left competing aganist us for Rowand besides the Phillies

The Padres, the Chunichi Dragons and the Yomiuri Giants. LOWER THE OFFER KENNY!

PalehosePlanet
12-09-2007, 11:03 AM
According to MLB.com

The Yankees could still get involved if they trade Melky Cabrera.

comiskey2000
12-09-2007, 12:13 PM
The young Kenny Lofton is still on the market. Seriously though he a great end of the season with Cleveland ini 07. He will cost nothing and fill the lead off spot well. Yes he is ancient but if Anderson does not pan out...

WhiteSox5187
12-09-2007, 01:16 PM
Phil Rogers says the Phillies GM is saying that re-signing Rowand is a "long shot." As mentione by someone else, if the Yankees deal Melky Cabrera that changes everything, and I think Phil Rogers also said the Paders are interested in Rowand. Personally I'd like to see Rowand in CF and Fukodome in LF.

kwkonsl
12-09-2007, 01:29 PM
we will not sign both rowand and fukedome. That would mean we basically signed our whole outfield off the free agent market since Dye just resigned with us. Outfield was supposed to be our strength in the farms. I think they will go after Fukedome and get out bid and settle for rowand. I do like the idea of chone figgens as well that has been brought up in other trades. The angles are saying he is off the market unless they find a suitable replacement at third. I thin Crede and a prospect would do the trick maybe. Figgens can play outfield as well. he did it for a while in LA when they had I think Glaus and maybe someone else

Lineup

Figgens LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1b
Dye RF
Rowand CF
Fields 3b
AJ c
Richar 2b

Figgens also gives us flexibility to work Quentin/ Owens in left when he can move to 2b. So this really comes down to a battle for playing time between Richar, Quentin, and Ownes. I like the competition it will only make them better and the team better

rowand33
12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
we will not sign both rowand and fukedome. That would mean we basically signed our whole outfield off the free agent market since Dye just resigned with us. Outfield was supposed to be our strength in the farms. I think they will go after Fukedome and get out bid and settle for rowand. I do like the idea of chone figgens as well that has been brought up in other trades. The angles are saying he is off the market unless they find a suitable replacement at third. I thin Crede and a prospect would do the trick maybe. Figgens can play outfield as well. he did it for a while in LA when they had I think Glaus and maybe someone else

Lineup

Figgens LF
Cabrera SS
Thome DH
Konerko 1b
Dye RF
Rowand CF
Fields 3b
AJ c
Richar 2b

Figgens also gives us flexibility to work Quentin/ Owens in left when he can move to 2b. So this really comes down to a battle for playing time between Richar, Quentin, and Ownes. I like the competition it will only make them better and the team better

1) Who cares if our OF all comes off free agency? OF was supposed to be our strength in the minors... turns out it wasn't. That isn't a reason not to sign players.

2) If LA gives us Figgins for Crede and a prospect, I'd be stunned. Figgins is coming off of a career year, leads off, and play good d all over the field.

kwkonsl
12-09-2007, 06:31 PM
you can think what you want but there is no way we sign both rowand and fukedome

rowand33
12-09-2007, 08:04 PM
you can think what you want but there is no way we sign both rowand and fukedome

never said we would.

But there's no way the angels trade us Figgins.

schmitty9800
12-09-2007, 11:22 PM
I don't think we're going to sign Fukudome or Rowand at this rate. Bradley I actually would've wanted, nice risk-reward player but he probably wanted one year at as much money as possible so he can get a decent contract in the '08 offseason.

nccwsfan
12-10-2007, 09:38 AM
I don't think we're going to sign Fukudome or Rowand at this rate. Bradley I actually would've wanted, nice risk-reward player but he probably wanted one year at as much money as possible so he can get a decent contract in the '08 offseason.

Using a hypothetical scenario- let's say the Cubs do get Fukudome, and Mike Cameron re-signs with the Padres. Where's Rowand going to go then? One team will have a need, one FA will need a team. Those cheap bastards Jerry and Kenny could work out a 4 year contract with Rowand.

schmitty9800
12-10-2007, 10:39 AM
Using a hypothetical scenario- let's say the Cubs do get Fukudome, and Mike Cameron re-signs with the Padres. Where's Rowand going to go then? One team will have a need, one FA will need a team. Those cheap bastards Jerry and Kenny could work out a 4 year contract with Rowand.
There will always be suitors. Atlanta lost Jones, Baltimore might have some cash after dealing Bedard, Cleveland might not be confident with Michaels/Delucci/Francisco in left and right, who knows.