PDA

View Full Version : Delicious!

Jerry_Manuel
04-17-2002, 08:05 PM
I had the Cubs game on prior to turning on the Bulls game. When I left it was 6-0 Cubs, now I flip back and it's 15-7 Expos!

Expos have 16 hits, and it's only the top of the 5th.

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2002, 08:31 PM
:moron

Thank god I'll have the Blackhawks and the new DePaul basketball coach to write about tomorrow. Lord knows there's *nothing* else happening good sports-wise in this city.

Cheryl
04-17-2002, 09:59 PM
Then there's this, from the Scum Times:

MONTREAL--Cubs pitcher Jon Lieber returned to Chicago on Tuesday to have his right-elbow inflammation examined by Dr.Michael Schafer. Besides being unlikely to make his next start Saturday against Cincinnati, Lieber is confronted by the possibility that what starts as tendinitis sometimes ends up requiring major elbow surgery.

doublem23
04-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I had the Cubs game on prior to turning on the Bulls game. When I left it was 6-0 Cubs, now I flip back and it's 15-7 Expos!

Expos have 16 hits, and it's only the top of the 5th.

LOL.. At least JM isn't COMPLETELY crazy :)

PaleHoseGeorge
04-17-2002, 11:54 PM
I love how Giangreco handled all the bad news for Flubbie fans tonight at 10 pm. After showing lowlights of the Flubs collapsing in Montreal, he shows video of Mark Prior pitching today for AA West Tenn.

What the hell is that? The Sox farm system has turned out ten-times as many prospects as the Flubs, and not one of them has ever been covered with video. Yet somehow, Channel Seven manages to get video for Flubbie fans to soak their pants over! Sheesh...

:giangreco
"Always have a plan B."

:moronotti
"I taught him well!"

DVG
04-18-2002, 01:32 AM
:moron

Hey!!!! Mark Prior should be voted into the Hall of Fame today!!
How dare you!!!!

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2002, 09:18 AM
I called it.

Today, the Moron talks about the Blackhawks.

(Who, admittedly, are in the playoffs, but still...if that team on the OTHER side of town started 10-5, I'm sure we'd be hearing more about it.)

Chisox353014
04-18-2002, 01:00 PM
9Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
I love how Giangreco handled all the bad news for Flubbie fans tonight at 10 pm. After showing lowlights of the Flubs collapsing in Montreal, he shows video of Mark Prior pitching today for AA West Tenn.

What the hell is that? The Sox farm system has turned out ten-times as many prospects as the Flubs, and not one of them has ever been covered with video. Yet somehow, Channel Seven manages to get video for Flubbie fans to soak their pants over! Sheesh...

:giangreco
"Always have a plan B."

:moronotti
"I taught him well!"

Anybody catch the 9:00 Fox News? We were third, that's right third - behind the new DePaul coach and the Bulls. Yes, the end of a miserable 21-61 Bulls season was apparently more important than us pounding Cleveland again. At least they showed our highlights before the Flubs.

I called it. Today, the Moron talks about the Blackhawks.
(Who, admittedly, are in the playoffs, but still...if that team on the OTHER side of town started 10-5, I'm sure we'd be hearing more about it.)

Let's see. St. Louis is off to an 11-1 start coming into Chicago. The Flubs pound them 2 games in a row. Shammy hits a slam in game 1, and Kewwy Wood goes to 4-0 by winning game 2.
Nah, the Moron wouldn't have written about the Cubs given those scenarios.
His column today only proves he knows less about hockey than baseball, if that's possible. Memo to Moronotti: the words "perfect world" and "Ed Belfour" do not belong in the same sentence together.

cheeses_h_rice
04-18-2002, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Chisox353014

Let's see. St. Louis is off to an 11-1 start coming into Chicago. The Flubs pound them 2 games in a row. Shammy hits a slam in game 1, and Kewwy Wood goes to 4-0 by winning game 2.
Nah, the Moron wouldn't have written about the Cubs given those scenarios.

That is an excellent, excellent analogy. Put into those terms, I think the Sun-Times would probably cancel their front page news for Jay's latest missive were that scenario to ever happen.