PDA

View Full Version : New Comiskey Atmosphere - marketing scheme?

Bucktown
04-17-2002, 08:04 PM
OJ, I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory, but I think Reinsdorf has given up on trying to make Comiskey the family ball park since that wasn't filling the seats. Instead he is loving the fights, and even more so, the women flashing because he thinks this atmosphere is a greater draw in the Chicago market.

If I were him I would capitalize on the early buzz around the flashing and plant some beautiful women to bare it all in the bleachers. Not the kind of place you want to bring your kid to, but it might draw 2.5M fans in 2002.

RedPinStripes
04-17-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
OJ, I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory, but I think Reinsdorf has given up on trying to make Comiskey the family ball park since that wasn't filling the seats. Instead he is loving the fights, and even more so, the women flashing because he thinks this atmosphere is a greater draw in the Chicago market.

If I were him I would capitalize on the early buzz around the flashing and plant some beautiful women to bare it all in the bleachers. Not the kind of place you want to bring your kid to, but it might draw 2.5M fans in 2002.

Nothing wrong with a rought place. I was a young kid in the late 70's early 80's in the old park. Look at me. I'm just fine. :D:

Jerry_Manuel
04-17-2002, 08:30 PM
OJ, I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory

http://www.cnn.com/US/OJ/simpson.civil.trial/oj.jpg
I know, they planted the glove.

Cheryl
04-17-2002, 08:36 PM
You know, I was thinking just that over the weekend (saw three games). There must have been people like that at the old ballpark--the fighting, the swearing, the drunks falling over. I don't remember any of that though.

doublem23
04-17-2002, 09:22 PM

Hell yeah.... I'd rather be in a place like that than somewhere Barney the Dinosaur shows up...

:barney&sham

:chunks

MattSharp
04-17-2002, 09:30 PM
Did they actually let the girls stay in the park after they flashed the fans? I have seen girls get kicked out for that a lot....

cheeses_h_rice
04-17-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Cheryl
You know, I was thinking just that over the weekend (saw three games). There must have been people like that at the old ballpark--the fighting, the swearing, the drunks falling over. I don't remember any of that though.

I remember a lot of swearing and drunken old-man behavior from some of the folks sitting around us when we used to go in the '70s; it was actually sort of uncomfortable for my dad, I'm remembering. No fights, though, but then again, it's not like we ever sat in the bleachers there.

Cheryl
04-17-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice

I remember a lot of swearing and drunken old-man behavior from some of the folks sitting around us when we used to go in the '70s; it was actually sort of uncomfortable for my dad, I'm remembering. No fights, though, but then again, it's not like we ever sat in the bleachers there.

That's funny, because I really don't remember it, and I know it was going on.

JoeBatters
04-17-2002, 09:53 PM
Ahhhhhhhhh , The old park ! I was a leftfield bleacher patron , yup ! I once saw 8 Chet Lemons in the outfield and you don't wanna know . Yes Beer :gulp: flowed and cups where stacked as trophys in honor of something i just can't remember thou ! And yes the air was filled with that " Funny smell " drifting past your nostrils for a quick stop and then on to the next ! There where fights here and there but not enuff to worry one ! My only regret of those days is that i did lose 45,7934901639279103810.89 brain cells out there and i still can't find them !

But hey look at me i'm ok too ! :cool:

doublem23
04-17-2002, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
Did they actually let the girls stay in the park after they flashed the fans? I have seen girls get kicked out for that a lot....

I dunno... The fans around there were chating "Let her stay... Let her stay..." But I don't know if they did or not.

Randar68
04-18-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

I dunno... The fans around there were chating "Let her stay... Let her stay..." But I don't know if they did or not.

Well, I was one of those fans, as, I may have had a couple too many beers. However, the second girl wasn't nearly as good looking as the first, and they only caught the second one. They did let her stay after about 10 security guards ushed in and scared her a little.

voodoochile
04-18-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Randar68

Well, I was one of those fans, as, I may have had a couple too many beers. However, the second girl wasn't nearly as good looking as the first, and they only caught the second one. They did let her stay after about 10 security guards ushed in and scared her a little.

See, the marketing dept. does have a brain...

:gallas
"Only throw out the ugly chicks who flash the crowd..."

:reinsy
"Genius, Rob, pure genius... btw, send the cute ones for a free trip of the owner's box"

:KW
"I'm right with you JR... You da MAN!"

"Yes, yes I am... now about those cute flashers... You mean there will be more people at the park if we let the crowd get drunk and rowdy? hmmmmmm... Here I thought all of our fans were tee-totaling parents..."

RedPinStripes
04-18-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

See, the marketing dept. does have a brain...

:gallas
"Only throw out the ugly chicks who flash the crowd..."

"Genius, Rob, pure genius... btw, send the cute ones for a free trip of the owner's box"

:KW
"I'm right with you JR... You da MAN!"

"Yes, yes I am... now about those cute flashers... You mean there will be more people at the park if we let the crowd get drunk and rowdy? hmmmmmm... Here I thought all of our fans were tee-totaling parents..."

Let me and JoeBatters take Gallas' job. We'll get the fans out there. MwaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHA MWWWWAAAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA