PDA

View Full Version : What do the Tigers do with Inge?

steely712
12-07-2007, 09:24 PM
Now that the Tigers got Cabrera, What do they do with Inge? The guy has a hell of a glove and can hit 20 hr's a year.

drewcifer
12-07-2007, 09:27 PM
Now that the Tigers got Cabrera, What do they do with Inge? The guy has a hell of a glove and can hit 20 hr's a year.

:whocares:

Do we need another 3B? Or, is he going to be our new and improved backup C/super-sub at $5M? And we've already got one of the latter...

:rolleyes:

DumpJerry
12-07-2007, 09:30 PM
They said they're keeping him at Third and Cabrera will be in LF.

FarWestChicago
12-07-2007, 09:32 PM
Now that the Tigers got Cabrera, What do they do with Inge? The guy has a hell of a glove and can hit 20 hr's a year.They can trade Inge for Pay-Rod, Jeter, Posada and Mariano. Then we can ***** about Kennsy sucking even more! :thumbsup:

DumpJerry
12-07-2007, 09:42 PM
They can trade Inge for Pay-Rod, Jeter, Posada and Mariano. Then we can ***** about Kennsy sucking even more! :thumbsup:
Is that even remotely possible? I mean we already have clearly established here at WSI that Kenny Williams is the worst person to be the General Manager of a professional or major college team in the history of human civilization.

Well, there was Idius, the GM of the Rome Galloping Gladiators from 50-46 B.C. He really killed his team's chances for the title......

Oblong
12-07-2007, 09:48 PM
They said they're keeping him at Third and Cabrera will be in LF.

That's not the plan. Inge asked to be traded. He does not want to catch or be a super sub. He wants to be a starting 3B and DD said he'll do his best to accomodate him. Cabrera is going to be the new 3B.

Inge has $19.1 million left for the next 3 years.

I was hoping that Cabrera would play in LF against lefties allowing Inge's defense at 3B. But that's a lot of money for a role player.

SBSoxFan
12-07-2007, 10:12 PM
That's not the plan. Inge asked to be traded.

I'm surprised the plan isn't to keep him around to provide some competition for Cabrera at 3B. I mean, obviously the guy needs someone to keep him on his toes, or he's gonna end up being the main attraction at Macy's Thanksgiving day parade next year, the fatty. And don't even get me started on Willis. Ha! I can throw underhanded faster than he can throw overhand. God, you guys are gonna suck next year. :redneck

SoxSpeed22
12-07-2007, 10:17 PM
That's not the plan. Inge asked to be traded. He does not want to catch or be a super sub. He wants to be a starting 3B and DD said he'll do his best to accomodate him. Cabrera is going to be the new 3B.Milwaukee? Houston? Hell, there are a lot of NL teams that need a 3rd baseman.

drewcifer
12-07-2007, 10:20 PM
That's not the plan. Inge asked to be traded. He does not want to catch or be a super sub. He wants to be a starting 3B and DD said he'll do his best to accomodate him. Cabrera is going to be the new 3B.

Inge has $19.1 million left for the next 3 years.

I was hoping that Cabrera would play in LF against lefties allowing Inge's defense at 3B. But that's a lot of money for a role player.

Same thing I heard too. But the question is, why do SOX FANS even care about this dilemma (no offense to you, bud)?

SoxSpeed22
12-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Same thing I heard too. But the question is, why do SOX FANS even care about this dilemma (no offense to you, bud)?Don't you remember, the Tigers are completely invincible now. Seriously though, I'm keeping tabs on this to see what kind of relievers they get by trading him (IMO, their main weakness).

drewcifer
12-07-2007, 10:42 PM
Don't you remember, the Tigers are completely invincible now. Seriously though, I'm keeping tabs on this to see what kind of relievers they get by trading him (IMO, their main weakness).

I can't see them getting any more relievers for Inge, than we can get for Uribe/Crede.

They both wear rings, one is a Silver Slugger. And they both cost the same covering 2 infield spots.

Don't waste your time tracking that one.

anewman35
12-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Same thing I heard too. But the question is, why do SOX FANS even care about this dilemma (no offense to you, bud)?

Just because we're Sox fans doesn't mean that we can't be interested in what's going on with other teams. Isn't that the entire point of the "Talking Baseball" forum?

drewcifer
12-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Just because we're Sox fans doesn't mean that we can't be interested in what's going on with other teams. Isn't that the entire point of the "Talking Baseball" forum?

Yes and you're 100% right. I like to know what's happening with other teams too. Sorry if I was being a dick. Maybe the angst to get something built and underway has me chomping at the bit too.

I probably just looked at this like, "well, Inge can't help so who cares". Actually, I still look at it that way.

What were we talking about again? :redneck

FloridaTigers
12-08-2007, 12:02 AM
I'm surprised the plan isn't to keep him around to provide some competition for Cabrera at 3B. I mean, obviously the guy needs someone to keep him on his toes, or he's gonna end up being the main attraction at Macy's Thanksgiving day parade next year, the fatty. And don't even get me started on Willis. Ha! I can throw underhanded faster than he can throw overhand. God, you guys are gonna suck next year. :redneck

Hmm, did someone forget to use teal? :rolleyes:

santo=dorf
12-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Brandon Inge hits 20 home runs a year as much as Esteban Loaiza wins 20 games a year.

Career: .241/.304/.394 and strikes out A TON. What was Dombrowski thinking giving him that extension?

drewcifer
12-08-2007, 12:09 AM
Brandon Inge hits 20 home runs a year as much as Esteban Loaiza wins 20 games a year.

Career: .241/.304/.394 and strikes out A TON. What was Dombrowski thinking giving him that extension?

What do you mean? You love him and want to be the mother of his children. This is nonsense.

Let's not fight.

TDog
12-08-2007, 12:18 AM
Hmm, did someone forget to use teal? :rolleyes:

I don't know about that, but I don't believe Cabrera and Willis will bring as much to the Tigers next year as Tigers fans expect.

Grzegorz
12-08-2007, 06:08 AM

Because if Inge is going to be moved it will be to a team that is in need of a third baseman which, if some might have forgotten, is what the Chicago White Sox have a surplus of on paper.

WSox597
12-08-2007, 07:25 AM
I don't know about that, but I don't believe Cabrera and Willis will bring as much to the Tigers next year as Tigers fans expect.

This is true, while I would liked to have seen Cabrera come to the Sox, I would have passed on Willis.

I'm thinking Tigers' fans may not be too happy a year or so down the road. Cabrera is very good, but Willis may not turn out so well.

That was a lot of players to give up for what may be a one year rental of Cabrera, and Willis.

fquaye149
12-08-2007, 07:52 AM
The Tigers would play Inge at 3B and Cabrera in LF if they were smart.

I just don't see why they don't

Oblong
12-08-2007, 08:38 AM
cuz we got Jacque Jones in LF.

I don't know how bad Cabrera's defense at 3B is but I don't think it can be as bad as Inge's offense is. He hit 27 HR in 2006 but in 2007 he reverted back to his prior form. He takes sweeping swings and anybody who can throw a breaking ball in the dirt is able to strike him out. He had to have led the league in failed to check his swing strikeouts. He's a bit arrogant about it too. At one point he said "It's not fair, they're pitching me like I'm Ted Williams". The difference is Ted would be on first after drawing a walk, not on the bench savoring another K. After a 1 or 2 game stretch of hitting well he'll say that he's figured it out, made an adjustment, and everything will be fine. I never liked the guy. Rumor is that he wouldn't listen to the hitting coaches.

PalehosePlanet
12-08-2007, 08:47 AM
Is Inge still a vaiable Catcher option? I'd imagine if he can still catch, and is willing to do so, he might be able to get the Tigers something in return. Either that or he can be a utility man for a year then take over as the everyday catcher after Pudge leaves in '09.

Oblong
12-08-2007, 09:51 AM
He has no desire to catch except in an emergency situation. He told the team that so I imagine he'd tell any othe team that. Otherwise he'd stay in Detroit seeing as Rodriguez is in his last year.

fquaye149
12-08-2007, 09:51 AM
cuz we got Jacque Jones in LF.

I don't know how bad Cabrera's defense at 3B is but I don't think it can be as bad as Inge's offense is. He hit 27 HR in 2006 but in 2007 he reverted back to his prior form. He takes sweeping swings and anybody who can throw a breaking ball in the dirt is able to strike him out. He had to have led the league in failed to check his swing strikeouts. He's a bit arrogant about it too. At one point he said "It's not fair, they're pitching me like I'm Ted Williams". The difference is Ted would be on first after drawing a walk, not on the bench savoring another K. After a 1 or 2 game stretch of hitting well he'll say that he's figured it out, made an adjustment, and everything will be fine. I never liked the guy. Rumor is that he wouldn't listen to the hitting coaches.

I'd rather have great D at 3rd with bad hitting and bad D in LF with GREAT hitting than bad D at 3rd with Great hitting and bad D in LF with bad hitting.

FloridaTigers
12-08-2007, 03:43 PM

Understandable, but that "God you guys are gonna suck" had to be in jest. :?:

Chicken Dinner
12-08-2007, 07:18 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/baseball/mlb/12/08/inge.detroit.ap/index.html

SBSoxFan
12-08-2007, 09:06 PM
Understandable, but that "God you guys are gonna suck" had to be in jest. :?:

Yes, it was. I thought the :redneck gave it away.

Brian26
12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
I'd rather have great D at 3rd with bad hitting and bad D in LF with GREAT hitting than bad D at 3rd with Great hitting and bad D in LF with bad hitting.

I agree with you. I think Cabrera is going to be a liability defensively wherever he plays.

FedEx227
12-09-2007, 01:15 AM

No doubt, do like most teams stick your crappiest fielder but possibly best hitter out in LF. Nobody will notice. Manny Ramirez has made a recent career out of it. However, in Detroit it will be a little tough, but I'm sure he can do it. He (Cabrera) was an absolute butcher at 3rd last year.