PDA

View Full Version : Most Annoying Fans (Besides Cub Fans)

bradp
04-17-2002, 07:31 PM
Besides Cub fans (who are, of course, the most obnoxious) who does everyone think the most annoying fans are? Of course, Indians fans, but I think even more annoying are Red Sox fans. They claim to be so long-suffering, but they at least get to the World Series every so often (unlike the White Sox). They also think they have this weird sense of class. I'm tired of listening to people wax poetic about "the long-suffering Red Sox fans." The only difference between Red Sox fans and Cub fans is that Red Sox fans have watched their team lose in the World Series as well. Indians fans, on the other hand, I think have only developed this annoying quality in the last ten years or so.

Other thoughts?

Brad

Cheryl
04-17-2002, 07:36 PM
Yankee fans. It's their birthright, you know, for their team to win every game it plays. And if their team doesn't win, then Uncle George will run right out and buy them some new players.

Mathew
04-17-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by bradp
Besides Cub fans (who are, of course, the most obnoxious) who does everyone think the most annoying fans are? Of course, Indians fans, but I think even more annoying are Red Sox fans. They claim to be so long-suffering, but they at least get to the World Series every so often (unlike the White Sox). They also think they have this weird sense of class. I'm tired of listening to people wax poetic about "the long-suffering Red Sox fans." The only difference between Red Sox fans and Cub fans is that Red Sox fans have watched their team lose in the World Series as well. Indians fans, on the other hand, I think have only developed this annoying quality in the last ten years or so.

Other thoughts?

Brad

I like Red Sox fans, the majority of them don't hate all the losing, they just hate the Yankees. I hate Blue Jays fans but I don't count on this one.

Paulwny
04-17-2002, 07:58 PM
The #@$%^&^ **^&$^&* &%^#!@(^$ *^@&* ^&%@$^%$^^^&*^$ ($#@$&*B (&%$%^&^%$$^% #%&$%#^&$^&
arrogant yankmee fans.

Chisox_cali
04-17-2002, 08:27 PM
I have to say those Seattle Fans got real annoying real fast during that first 3 game set. The standing O's for routine plays...the dancing in the aisles to the gay gay gayest music ever after the score one run etc.

Mathew
04-17-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I have to say those Seattle Fans got real annoying real fast during that first 3 game set. The standing O's for routine plays...the dancing in the aisles to the gay gay gayest music ever after the score one run etc.

That's a great point I know a Mariners fan who's a total ass.

Procol Harum
04-18-2002, 11:29 AM
Yankee fan scum--the biggest bunch o' arrogant, obnoxious creatures ever to stride the planet. Particularly is this true of the non-NYC-Tri-State area bandwagon Yankee fans--what toads.

Indian fans--older fans are generally ok, long-suffering types like ourselves that love baseball (had to to put up with the Injuns between 1955 and 1994) and appreciate the last 7-8 years. They have been polluted by the many Cleveland bandwagon jumpers and younger fans whose main experience is winning and the throngs and Wrigleyesque atmosphere of Jacobs Field.

BoSox fans--tend to be much more baseball savvy than many fandoms and they hate the Yankees (a charming characteristic). However, the literary Harvard Yard crowd a'la Gammons that dwells on the curse of the Bambino and whatnot are VERY annoying.

Mariners fans--The baseball flavor-of-the-month for many of the bandwagon types ("Yeah, I'm a real Patriots fan..and those Lakers!"). As for their regional constituency--it's hard to take a bunch of yuppified, Starbucks-sippin', granola-munchin', L.L. Bean-wearin' SUV-drivin' Sierra Club members seriously as baseball fans.

Orioles fans--this is a pretty obnoxious bunch that have been thankfully humbled over the last 15+ years or so (and thanks to Peter Angelos we have every indication that the humbling will continue). The crap one used to hear about "Oriole Baseball" was insufferable....

Tigers fans--Ya gotta love any bunch that'll burn down their town after a Series win...another group being worn down by management abuse.

Twins fans--About as colorful as Minnesota and as memorable as the Twinkiedome...

Cubs fans--three words: Eeee-deee-yots.

WinningUgly!
04-18-2002, 11:35 AM
Angel fans. Two words: Rally Monkey.

Konerkofan
04-18-2002, 03:00 PM
Yankees fans are the worst, they're so arrogant!

Detroit fans suck too cause they're so stupid, why would you route for a team like that!

rmusacch
04-18-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Konerkofan
Yankees fans are the worst, they're so arrogant!

Detroit fans suck too cause they're so stupid, why would you route for a team like that!

Hey, they have won a world series in the last 85 years. ;)

bringbackrobin
04-18-2002, 05:18 PM
I don't know, I'd go easy on the Detroit fans. I went to a game at Tiger Stadium once and I was impressed by their class and knowledge of the game. There weren't any bandwagoners in that stadium.

I'm suprised nobody has mentioned the Mets fans. I mean, sure, they're better than the Yankees, but still.

And I hate it how any time the Orioles have somebody who even resembles a prospect, they go off about how he's the next savior who will lead them to a championship. And all that Ripken worshiping got pretty obnoxious too.