PDA

View Full Version : Littlefield joining the Northsiders...?

IceczMan
12-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Did anyone else notice this on espn.com today? There is nothing official and there's no mention of how serious discussions were, but with everyone freaking out about what the Sox have been doing or not doing for that matter, I found this to bring a smile to my face....

12:40 p.m., from Jerry Crasnick
The Cubs are talking to former Pirates GM Dave Littlefield about joining the organization in an advisory capacity. Littlefield was fired by Pittsburgh this season and replaced by Neal Huntington.

I dont mean to hate on the 'Cubbies' too much, but come on...

slavko
12-06-2007, 07:50 PM
Who says history doesn't repeat itself? Where did Dan Evans wind up temporarily after being passed over for Kenny? "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses"

Brian26
12-06-2007, 08:52 PM
The Cubs are talking to former Pirates GM Dave Littlefield about joining the organization in an advisory capacity. Littlefield was fired by Pittsburgh this season and replaced by Neal Huntington.

I dont mean to hate on the 'Cubbies' too much, but come on...

Some would argue that Littlefield has been working for the Cubs for the past six years anyway.

Ramirez, Lofton and Simon for who?

Flight #24
12-06-2007, 09:19 PM
That would be great. Then Kenny could call them up "Hey, I've got this tall young lefty in AAA with a live arm and big league experience - kind of a Randy Johnson starter kit. Just your kind of guy, all I want for him is a young CF. I know you've got one who struggled last year, what's his name? Tart? Cake? Let's swap."

Tekijawa
12-07-2007, 10:35 AM
Makes sence he's been head of the Cub's minor league affiliate for years now and knows all the players that could be brought over for a bag of balls.

steely712
12-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Maybe he'll get them another 2nd baseman.