PDA

View Full Version : Are we just gonna settle again?

steely712
12-06-2007, 06:13 PM
:mad:I am getting sick of looking at the computer and seeing other teams make these deals for guys that would fill roles on my team. I don't know if it is just a Championship made me spoiled or what, but I feel like with the money that we have and the talent that we have to build off of, it is a joke for us to have to sit here hoping that we will even be able to compete with teams in our own division, let alone the rest of the league. I am okay with developing young talent, but while we are doing that other teams will be winning championships. Anyone else feeling this way too? :gulp:

HomeFish
12-06-2007, 06:19 PM
The White Sox can't just say "oh hey, we're going to make ourselves a better team" and then do it. The White Sox have to actually either convince free agents to come play here, or they have to convince other teams to accept our talent in exchange for theirs.

Both of these things require more than just will. I doubt that the will to improve isn't there. But the appealing environment for an FA, the endless supply of FA salary money, and, most importantly, the supply of tradeable talent, is not there.

KRS1
12-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Wow. How many more of these threads are there going to be? Honestly, why not just put it in the dark cloud thread?

Yeah, KW is a complete failure, he couldn't force the Marlins to take his substantial offer over the one they wanted, he couldn't force the Angels to not pay an outrageous amount of money on Toriiiiii. Damn you Kenny, why are you not forcing everybody to help you out by taking your offers when they prefer someone else's, and why didn't you stop people from jacking the market up to ridiculous levels? Why can't he just be all-powerful and have total control over everything? It sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Martinigirl
12-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I was thinking we should just have a thread titled "***** and Moan" and then there would be one designated spot for all of those inclined to think that the 2008 season is a guaranteed disaster and KW is an incompetent piece of ****.

SBSoxFan
12-06-2007, 07:23 PM
Wow. How many more of these threads are there going to be? Honestly, why not just put it in the dark cloud thread?

Not only that, but how many more people are going to come out of the woodwork to *****?

MCHSoxFan
12-06-2007, 08:47 PM
Not only that, but how many more people are going to come out of the woodwork to *****?

Thank you. The last three posts really tell it all. I think I am gonna take a break from reading here at WSI until SoxFest or if a deal worth hearing complaints here happens. But for now, a lot of these WSI posters, mainly new guys moaning, this is how I feel: :angry::whiner:.

soxtalker
12-06-2007, 09:36 PM
I'm happy that we have so much hot-stove discussion the past couple of weeks, but I think that this impression that the Sox are doing so little is lacking a bit of perspective. Just what other teams are doing so much more? Maybe the Angels and Tigers. There's been a lot of discussion about the Twins, though they haven't pulled the trigger on Santana (at least as of a few hours ago). There are a lot of teams out there looking for players and a relatively small number of big names to be acquired either by free agency or trade. We got one big name (OC) and gave up a big name (Garland), and we made a move or two below the radar. The odds are that Crede and Uribe will be gone in a few weeks with moves that will be somewhere in the middle.

Jurr
12-06-2007, 10:45 PM
I was thinking we should just have a thread titled "***** and Moan" and then there would be one designated spot for all of those inclined to think that the 2008 season is a guaranteed disaster and KW is an incompetent piece of ****.
No....see, people seem to think there's something extra special that they're going to add to the conversation, warranting a new thread.

We've got it. The Sox will suck in 2008. They shouldn't even play the season. Anything we forgot?

itsnotrequired
12-07-2007, 07:35 AM
I can't believe the offseason is over and the Opening Day roster is set. KW once again screws us all...

:angry:

delben91
12-07-2007, 08:51 AM
I can't believe the offseason is over and the Opening Day roster is set. KW once again screws us all...

:angry:

:happybday

Maybe I can wallpaper my living room with my season tickets!!

steely712
12-07-2007, 05:28 PM
I am not saying that this season is gonna be a complete disaster or that we will be in last place by season's end, but I am just sick of just hoping that our team will come out and over achieve to win a WS. Just once I would like to look at our lineup from top to bottom and be completely convinced that we have a real chance of winning against any team in the league, and the person who posted the thread about the payroll inflation and over paying players. I know that KW didn't have anything to do with that, but if we are gonna win, we have got to spend more money and get some better players or else we are just gonna be a hoping every year. :gulp:

delben91
12-07-2007, 07:24 PM
I am not saying that this season is gonna be a complete disaster or that we will be in last place by season's end, but I am just sick of just hoping that our team will come out and over achieve to win a WS. Just once I would like to look at our lineup from top to bottom and be completely convinced that we have a real chance of winning against any team in the league

Oh, so you mean a season like 2006.

I'm with you now.

FarWestChicago
12-07-2007, 08:05 PM
:mad:I am getting sick of looking at the computer and seeing other teams make these deals for guys that would fill roles on my team. I don't know if it is just a Championship made me spoiled or what, but I feel like with the money that we have and the talent that we have to build off of, it is a joke for us to have to sit here hoping that we will even be able to compete with teams in our own division, let alone the rest of the league. I am okay with developing young talent, but while we are doing that other teams will be winning championships. Anyone else feeling this way too? :gulp:Don't settle. Get some C4 and strap it to your ass. Enter a very public situation. An airport is always good. Then tell the people surrounding you that you will blow the ****ing place up unless JR increases the Sox payroll to $400M per year and all teams must stop negotiating with players and just hand them over to the Sox. Make it happen. Don't be an assbag like so many of the wussy whiners around here. Take some hostages and make your vision happen. Go for it, dude!!

Daver
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
Don't settle. Get some C4 and strap it to your ass. Enter a very public situation. An airport is always good. Then tell the people surrounding you that you will blow the ****ing place up unless JR increases the Sox payroll to $400M per year and all teams must stop negotiating with players and just hand them over to the Sox. Make it happen. Don't be an assbag like so many of the wussy whiners around here. Take some hostages and make your vision happen. Go for it, dude!!

Brilliant!

Sockinchisox
12-07-2007, 08:27 PM
Don't settle. Get some C4 and strap it to your ass. Enter a very public situation. An airport is always good. Then tell the people surrounding you that you will blow the ****ing place up unless JR increases the Sox payroll to $400M per year and all teams must stop negotiating with players and just hand them over to the Sox. Make it happen. Don't be an assbag like so many of the wussy whiners around here. Take some hostages and make your vision happen. Go for it, dude!!

:rolling::rolling::rolling::rolling:

steely712
12-07-2007, 09:07 PM
I am just making a point on ho we need to spend money to win. You can't honestly tell me that the Tigers have so much more money than we do when it comes to getting free agents. If we spend money on talent, it draws more people to the park, which makes our team more money. Since we have won the WS that park has been filled with fans optimistic that we can contend, and since we won, we have been let down.

drewcifer
12-07-2007, 09:22 PM
I am just making a point on ho we need to spend money to win. You can't honestly tell me that the Tigers have so much more money than we do when it comes to getting free agents.

The only FA I know of that the Tigers spent $ on this off-season was Kenny Rogers. The rest is trades. Are you talking about going over slot? Do you know what I'm talking about? Do you know what YOU are talking about?

Start Here (http://literati.net/Lewis/Cover-Moneyball-H.gif)

Everything you want to know about how dumb KW is and more. And a personal favorite of West's.

FarWestChicago
12-07-2007, 09:26 PM
I am just making a point on ho we need to spend money to win. You can't honestly tell me that the Tigers have so much more money than we do when it comes to getting free agents. If we spend money on talent, it draws more people to the park, which makes our team more money. Since we have won the WS that park has been filled with fans optimistic that we can contend, and since we won, we have been let down.I still say stop crying and strap on the C4. C'mon, this site is Mecca for whining snivelers. Differentiate yourself; make a mark. Wear that bomb and get on CNN. Maybe even do a 270 with Anderson Cooper. :wink:

steely712
12-07-2007, 09:28 PM
I am just saying that they are doing everything that we should be doing. The other guy made the point about FA money.

steely712
12-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Other than trade talk, whining seems to be the norm for this whole site. I don't think that I am being crazy wanting my team to win.

FarWestChicago
12-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Other than trade talk, whining seems to be the norm for this whole site.You are absolutely correct. I was just hoping you would make a difference, get out there and make a name for yourself. I saw potential in you.

DumpJerry
12-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Other than trade talk, whining seems to be the norm for this whole site. I don't think that I am being crazy wanting my team to win.
Bro, you picked the wrong time of year to join. Read this thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=61100) and you won't find much whinning.

The offseason gets rough around here. People are antsy for some baseball and no deal or signing is good enough. Even if the top FA on the market is signed, WSIers will find faults in the bum and curse the day he was signed.

steely712
12-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Thanks. I was getting a little frustrated arguing with people about what we both ultimately want. A winner.